Wife's global entry revoked

TazaTaza said:

I find it absurd that GE got taken away...seriously, they devoted manpower and time to look into your wife's parcel containing Tz and lemon bottles? Wow, that really makes me feel safer. It's just so dumb and absurd, as if there aren't bigger things for them to deal with.

It's glaringly clear that big Farma has them in their pocket.

And your source is terrible for shipping the 2nd package the same way, though it could be that your address has been flagged. Have you managed to get any orders through from across the pond?
This was the first time any of our packages got seized. We haven't placed another order so far. Right now we still have enough supplies, so with any luck we won't have to buy anything for a while.
 
nitetrak said:

PurpleSage said:

nitetrak said:

PurpleSage said:

That is a frightening overreach, and I am truly sorry to read this. 😢
How exactly is customs overstepping when it's enforcing a law that falls under its own jurisdiction?

Anyone who orders peps without the correct documentation is doing precisely this.

Thinking about it more, complaining about this is like calling it overreach when someone loses their driver's license after a DUI. Moving goods across borders without a license or Rx is against the law, and not knowing the law doesn't get you off the hook.
Your comparison to DUI makes sense to me. What I hadn't realized was that "not FDA approved" could also carry the meaning "illegal". I'll keep looking into the gray area and adjust my choices based on what I find.
The real problem here isn't really that something is "not FDA approved"... Any pep that does carry FDA approval sits on a controlled schedule. Don't mix that up with the serious stuff — every prescription item, even something small like an antibiotic, falls under US control and needs either a script or the kind of paperwork that medical businesses are required to hold.

The same rule covers carrying peps or meds into or out of the US, whether you fly or drive over the border.

If you get searched, the customs agent will go through your meds and MAY bring up the question of a prescription.

They do have the discretion to look the other way when everything appears legitimate and the amount stays under a 90 day supply, since they seem reluctant to strip someone of necessary medication right in front of them — but they are legally allowed to do it, because it is a law.

In Austrailia, medications have to be declared. Skip that box, get searched, and they can take the meds and fine you regardless of whether there's an Rx. I watched exactly that play out on a customs docu-tv show.

So your GE can be pulled over something as minor as ordering antibiotics or high mg tylenol from another country, or crossing the border with them and no proper paperwork. A lot rides on whether the customs officer happens to feel sorry for you.

Most people never read what we call the fine print, or the laws, before they unknowingly commit their crimes — no matter how petty they look, a law is still being broken.
Would bringing your lyophilized research experiment across a border land you in legal trouble? On that border show I watch, folks are constantly getting detained over seriously illegal drugs, but I figure they wouldn't be too pleased to find white powder inside vials—whether it's research or not.
 
HouseCat said:

nitetrak said:

Skidude said:

can file a DBA in OKC then open a mailbox at fedex location , not usps, under business name "Bsqueezin"

Address: Bsqueezin Receivables

just a thought..

Registering a DBA (formally known as a Trade Name) with the Oklahoma Secretary of State in Oklahoma City carries a flat $25 charge. Oklahoma DBAs never lapse, so no renewal payments come due later. [1, 2]

Either handle the paperwork on your own or pay a filing service to do it: [1, 2]

DIY Option

  • State Filing Fee: $25 (one-time)
  • How to file: Submission can be done online or through the mail. Through the Oklahoma Secretary of State portal, online submissions generally take 2-3 business days to process. [1, 2]

Once they trace the documents, they'll identify whoever's name is on the registration.

Skidude said:

Bsqueezin said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Bsqueezin said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Mochizuki0124 said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
That's really unfair to your wife. Contesting it seems worth a shot if that option exists.

Bill

At times, is it truly worth provoking trouble? Before long, every one of your packages could end up stuck, and every order you sent before might be pulled for inspection.
I understand. Customs is aware of what we're up to. Even so, you could play dumb and apologize. Claim you had no idea. It's likely a wasted effort.
Yeah, she asked for a "second look." The worst that happens is they deny it and the revocation stands. That's not a huge deal. The real problem would be if her passport got revoked somehow, but that hasn't happened, and with any luck it never will.

In that case, will the peptides be resent to you? If yes, what's your plan for dealing with it?
I am not. Since April we've been coping with this, and we already had a reship done once. Both the first order and the replacement were seized.

ZippityDooDah said:

Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
We couldn't approve your review since it wasn't submitted using the required template. That said, even if it had been, pinning a seizure on the vendor isn't fair or appropriate unless they did something egregiously wrong that directly led to it. Any order placed with an overseas vendor comes with the possibility of seizure, and although what happened to your wife is unfortunate, claiming a particular vendor caused it is, at best, a stretch.

No worries, the only reason I named the vendor is that when they resent the package from the first seizure, they used the same method, so the second one got seized too.
Roughly 12 months back, the FedEx Mailbox option was brought up by a different member, after his name/address got flagged.

From what I understand, inspections only hit a small share of packages, and pairing that with certain shipping approaches reduces the chance of seizures.

As for whether your name/address is flagged, I have no way of knowing.

What I can share is that after a seizure, I held off for many months before placing another order, despite the vendor offering a reship. Eventually my order arrived.

my 2 cents..
Heads up: to learn who owns a mailbox at a place such as UPS or Mailboxes, Etc., you need a subpoena or a court order; I'm not certain how it works with USPS, because that's a government entity. If a DBA (Doing Business As) name is attached to your box, I really doubt officials would go through all of that just to identify who's getting a few kits (once more, I seriously doubt it, though I'm not positive).
This takes me back to my days working for the state, years ago. Every so often, a coworker would get completely freaked out over something trivial, like buying stuff on Amazon using their work machine. I couldn't help but chuckle. Do you honestly believe that the state IT department—perpetually broke and buried in work—has the manpower to spy on your computer? Lol. They're busy fighting off hackers, begging staff to stop scribbling passwords on sticky notes, and pleading with the capital for enough funding just to stay afloat. You're nowhere near the top of the list for anyone to spend time, energy, staff, or money on! I figure the feds operate the same way, probably even worse. With all the budget slashing, whole departments are practically gutted. Nah, they've got no time to chase down the 2 kits of Reta you bought from China. Seize them? Maybe. Hunt you down? 🤣
 
nitetrak said:

HARLEYV2 said:

bay_area_schizo said:

BigRed1 said:

That's exactly why I only use sellers with a US warehouse, plus GBs that offer reshipping.

I got lucky and wasn't caught, but my most recent package from China sat in customs for 2 months, so I figured I was done for.
Do US warehouses charge more? I'm curious whether ordering from a US warehouse costs extra compared to a CN one.
Indeed, that distinction exists, and inventory at US Warehouses depletes quite often.
Buying from a US warehouse isn't something I'll do—I'm too frugal. For the items I'm after, some kits cost twice as much, or at minimum $100 extra. I've got a customs strategy set up, and I'm hoping it holds.

From CN, I paid $155 for a T60; at a US warehouse it's above $300.

From CN, I paid $245 for an R60; at a US warehouse it's above $400.

That's just not happening.
What did the shipping cost?
 
UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

nitetrak said:

HARLEYV2 said:

bay_area_schizo said:

BigRed1 said:

That's exactly why I only use sellers with a US warehouse, plus GBs that offer reshipping.

I got lucky and wasn't caught, but my most recent package from China sat in customs for 2 months, so I figured I was done for.
Do US warehouses charge more? I'm curious whether ordering from a US warehouse costs extra compared to a CN one.
Indeed, that distinction exists, and inventory at US Warehouses depletes quite often.
Buying from a US warehouse isn't something I'll do—I'm too frugal. For the items I'm after, some kits cost twice as much, or at minimum $100 extra. I've got a customs strategy set up, and I'm hoping it holds.

From CN, I paid $155 for a T60; at a US warehouse it's above $300.

From CN, I paid $245 for an R60; at a US warehouse it's above $400.

That's just not happening.
What did the shipping cost?
Shipping costs nothing once you hit $300. As I mentioned, I'm frugal, so I hunt for the lowest price and order enough to qualify for free delivery.
 
Enyola said:

krsct said:

nitetrak said:

The safest approach is to keep deliveries away from your home address.

A made-up name counts as mail fraud, though if your name is common, or you go with a first initial plus last name, proving it gets tougher.

I recall someone mentioning they send packages to their workplace under another name, and the staff accepting the mail know who it belongs to. That seems like the best route to me, unless they lose their job.

That's my approach too. The package goes to my workplace, addressed only to the company rather than any individual. A single staff member handles incoming mail and passes it along to me. On top of that, I stick exclusively to US-based warehouses. I do all of this to avoid jeopardizing my GE — and, more crucially, to avoid having to tell my wife, who has no idea I buy from the grey market, why I lost it.
If something goes wrong, wouldn't the person who owns the business end up in trouble? In this country, that's likely how it would play out. Whatever takes place within a company falls on the shoulders of those who run it.
The shipment goes to a mailbox at a UPS store. That adds one more layer of distance. I doubt a government agency would put in the effort to trace that, particularly given how small my orders are. (1-2 kits).
 
bamagirl26 said:

nitetrak said:

PurpleSage said:

nitetrak said:

PurpleSage said:

That is a frightening overreach, and I am truly sorry to read this. 😢
How exactly is customs overstepping when it's enforcing a law that falls under its own jurisdiction?

Anyone who orders peps without the correct documentation is doing precisely this.

Thinking about it more, complaining about this is like calling it overreach when someone loses their driver's license after a DUI. Moving goods across borders without a license or Rx is against the law, and not knowing the law doesn't get you off the hook.
Your comparison to DUI makes sense to me. What I hadn't realized was that "not FDA approved" could also carry the meaning "illegal". I'll keep looking into the gray area and adjust my choices based on what I find.
The real problem here isn't really that something is "not FDA approved"... Any pep that does carry FDA approval sits on a controlled schedule. Don't mix that up with the serious stuff — every prescription item, even something small like an antibiotic, falls under US control and needs either a script or the kind of paperwork that medical businesses are required to hold.

The same rule covers carrying peps or meds into or out of the US, whether you fly or drive over the border.

If you get searched, the customs agent will go through your meds and MAY bring up the question of a prescription.

They do have the discretion to look the other way when everything appears legitimate and the amount stays under a 90 day supply, since they seem reluctant to strip someone of necessary medication right in front of them — but they are legally allowed to do it, because it is a law.

In Austrailia, medications have to be declared. Skip that box, get searched, and they can take the meds and fine you regardless of whether there's an Rx. I watched exactly that play out on a customs docu-tv show.

So your GE can be pulled over something as minor as ordering antibiotics or high mg tylenol from another country, or crossing the border with them and no proper paperwork. A lot rides on whether the customs officer happens to feel sorry for you.

Most people never read what we call the fine print, or the laws, before they unknowingly commit their crimes — no matter how petty they look, a law is still being broken.
Would bringing your lyophilized research experiment across a border land you in legal trouble? On that border show I watch, folks are constantly getting detained over seriously illegal drugs, but I figure they wouldn't be too pleased to find white powder inside vials—whether it's research or not.
The core problem is bringing items in without the right documents.

Traveling with it isn't what's illegal — bringing it in without correct documentation is.

Calling it "for research use only" won't protect you; that phrase carries no legal weight whatsoever.

Purchasing research grade pharmaceuticals without the necessary paperwork is not permitted.



Domestic travel raises no problems.

If you cross an international border carrying any medication, you are importing it into that country, and their laws apply — whether you ship it, carry it as a plane passenger, or drive or walk across a border.

Nearly every country controls the import of both prescription and non-prescription drugs; peptides appear on a "scheduled" list and need an Rx or some form of medical documentation.

Whether to enforce the law rests with the customs officer's discretion. Many of them, I believe, hesitate to take away "required" medication from travelers, yet the laws remain on the books.

Upon entering Australia you must declare it on the form, otherwise they may confiscate it, fine you and/or deny entry if customs searches you, Rx or not. At the very least they will try to frighten you with their options should they choose to permit it.

Why would anyone assume it won't be seized while traveling with you, when seizures happen constantly during shipping? Importing in person and importing by shipping are no different. No paperwork, no joy.

...and naturally, ignorance of the law is no excuse.
 
nitetrak said:

bamagirl26 said:

nitetrak said:

PurpleSage said:

nitetrak said:

PurpleSage said:

That is a frightening overreach, and I am truly sorry to read this. 😢
How exactly is customs overstepping when it's enforcing a law that falls under its own jurisdiction?

Anyone who orders peps without the correct documentation is doing precisely this.

Thinking about it more, complaining about this is like calling it overreach when someone loses their driver's license after a DUI. Moving goods across borders without a license or Rx is against the law, and not knowing the law doesn't get you off the hook.
Your comparison to DUI makes sense to me. What I hadn't realized was that "not FDA approved" could also carry the meaning "illegal". I'll keep looking into the gray area and adjust my choices based on what I find.
The real problem here isn't really that something is "not FDA approved"... Any pep that does carry FDA approval sits on a controlled schedule. Don't mix that up with the serious stuff — every prescription item, even something small like an antibiotic, falls under US control and needs either a script or the kind of paperwork that medical businesses are required to hold.

The same rule covers carrying peps or meds into or out of the US, whether you fly or drive over the border.

If you get searched, the customs agent will go through your meds and MAY bring up the question of a prescription.

They do have the discretion to look the other way when everything appears legitimate and the amount stays under a 90 day supply, since they seem reluctant to strip someone of necessary medication right in front of them — but they are legally allowed to do it, because it is a law.

In Austrailia, medications have to be declared. Skip that box, get searched, and they can take the meds and fine you regardless of whether there's an Rx. I watched exactly that play out on a customs docu-tv show.

So your GE can be pulled over something as minor as ordering antibiotics or high mg tylenol from another country, or crossing the border with them and no proper paperwork. A lot rides on whether the customs officer happens to feel sorry for you.

Most people never read what we call the fine print, or the laws, before they unknowingly commit their crimes — no matter how petty they look, a law is still being broken.
Would bringing your lyophilized research experiment across a border land you in legal trouble? On that border show I watch, folks are constantly getting detained over seriously illegal drugs, but I figure they wouldn't be too pleased to find white powder inside vials—whether it's research or not.
The core problem is bringing items in without the right documents.

Traveling with it isn't what's illegal — bringing it in without correct documentation is.

Calling it "for research use only" won't protect you; that phrase carries no legal weight whatsoever.

Purchasing research grade pharmaceuticals without the necessary paperwork is not permitted.



Domestic travel raises no problems.

If you cross an international border carrying any medication, you are importing it into that country, and their laws apply — whether you ship it, carry it as a plane passenger, or drive or walk across a border.

Nearly every country controls the import of both prescription and non-prescription drugs; peptides appear on a "scheduled" list and need an Rx or some form of medical documentation.

Whether to enforce the law rests with the customs officer's discretion. Many of them, I believe, hesitate to take away "required" medication from travelers, yet the laws remain on the books.

Upon entering Australia you must declare it on the form, otherwise they may confiscate it, fine you and/or deny entry if customs searches you, Rx or not. At the very least they will try to frighten you with their options should they choose to permit it.

Why would anyone assume it won't be seized while traveling with you, when seizures happen constantly during shipping? Importing in person and importing by shipping are no different. No paperwork, no joy.

...and naturally, ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Yep, that's about what I expected. The "gray"

zone my sister was worried about involved her heading to Ireland while carrying compounded tirz. She's got a prescription covering the whole amount, but since you can't purchase compounded there, she's just crossing her fingers that nothing comes up. Guess we'll find out soon enough!! At least everything she's bringing is legally compounded pharma from the US
 
bamagirl26 said:

nitetrak said:

bamagirl26 said:

nitetrak said:

PurpleSage said:

nitetrak said:

PurpleSage said:

That is a frightening overreach, and I am truly sorry to read this. 😢
How exactly is customs overstepping when it's enforcing a law that falls under its own jurisdiction?

Anyone who orders peps without the correct documentation is doing precisely this.

Thinking about it more, complaining about this is like calling it overreach when someone loses their driver's license after a DUI. Moving goods across borders without a license or Rx is against the law, and not knowing the law doesn't get you off the hook.
Your comparison to DUI makes sense to me. What I hadn't realized was that "not FDA approved" could also carry the meaning "illegal". I'll keep looking into the gray area and adjust my choices based on what I find.
The real problem here isn't really that something is "not FDA approved"... Any pep that does carry FDA approval sits on a controlled schedule. Don't mix that up with the serious stuff — every prescription item, even something small like an antibiotic, falls under US control and needs either a script or the kind of paperwork that medical businesses are required to hold.

The same rule covers carrying peps or meds into or out of the US, whether you fly or drive over the border.

If you get searched, the customs agent will go through your meds and MAY bring up the question of a prescription.

They do have the discretion to look the other way when everything appears legitimate and the amount stays under a 90 day supply, since they seem reluctant to strip someone of necessary medication right in front of them — but they are legally allowed to do it, because it is a law.

In Austrailia, medications have to be declared. Skip that box, get searched, and they can take the meds and fine you regardless of whether there's an Rx. I watched exactly that play out on a customs docu-tv show.

So your GE can be pulled over something as minor as ordering antibiotics or high mg tylenol from another country, or crossing the border with them and no proper paperwork. A lot rides on whether the customs officer happens to feel sorry for you.

Most people never read what we call the fine print, or the laws, before they unknowingly commit their crimes — no matter how petty they look, a law is still being broken.
Would bringing your lyophilized research experiment across a border land you in legal trouble? On that border show I watch, folks are constantly getting detained over seriously illegal drugs, but I figure they wouldn't be too pleased to find white powder inside vials—whether it's research or not.
The core problem is bringing items in without the right documents.

Traveling with it isn't what's illegal — bringing it in without correct documentation is.

Calling it "for research use only" won't protect you; that phrase carries no legal weight whatsoever.

Purchasing research grade pharmaceuticals without the necessary paperwork is not permitted.



Domestic travel raises no problems.

If you cross an international border carrying any medication, you are importing it into that country, and their laws apply — whether you ship it, carry it as a plane passenger, or drive or walk across a border.

Nearly every country controls the import of both prescription and non-prescription drugs; peptides appear on a "scheduled" list and need an Rx or some form of medical documentation.

Whether to enforce the law rests with the customs officer's discretion. Many of them, I believe, hesitate to take away "required" medication from travelers, yet the laws remain on the books.

Upon entering Australia you must declare it on the form, otherwise they may confiscate it, fine you and/or deny entry if customs searches you, Rx or not. At the very least they will try to frighten you with their options should they choose to permit it.

Why would anyone assume it won't be seized while traveling with you, when seizures happen constantly during shipping? Importing in person and importing by shipping are no different. No paperwork, no joy.

...and naturally, ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Yep, that's about what I expected. The "gray"

zone my sister was worried about involved her heading to Ireland while carrying compounded tirz. She's got a prescription covering the whole amount, but since you can't purchase compounded there, she's just crossing her fingers that nothing comes up. Guess we'll find out soon enough!! At least everything she's bringing is legally compounded pharma from the US
There won't be any issue whatsoever, whether or not they compound makes no difference, the rx will let it through with no problems... just keep it to a 90 day supply at most.
 
nitetrak said:

HARLEYV2 said:

bay_area_schizo said:

BigRed1 said:

That's exactly why I only use sellers with a US warehouse, plus GBs that offer reshipping.

I got lucky and wasn't caught, but my most recent package from China sat in customs for 2 months, so I figured I was done for.
Do US warehouses charge more? I'm curious whether ordering from a US warehouse costs extra compared to a CN one.
Indeed, that distinction exists, and inventory at US Warehouses depletes quite often.
Buying from a US warehouse isn't something I'll do—I'm too frugal. For the items I'm after, some kits cost twice as much, or at minimum $100 extra. I've got a customs strategy set up, and I'm hoping it holds.

From CN, I paid $155 for a T60; at a US warehouse it's above $300.

From CN, I paid $245 for an R60; at a US warehouse it's above $400.

That's just not happening.
There are cheaper options out there. I picked up several kits of R60 (ZYH) at $185 each, while the T60 ran $115. I skipped Tirz altogether, and there was no vendor listed.
 
Back
Top