Wife's global entry revoked

bay_area_schizo said:

BigRed1 said:

That's exactly why I only use sellers with a US warehouse, plus GBs that offer reshipping.

I got lucky and wasn't caught, but my most recent package from China sat in customs for 2 months, so I figured I was done for.
Do US warehouses charge more? I'm curious whether ordering from a US warehouse costs extra compared to a CN one.
From what I've noticed, US Warehouse vendors tend to charge higher prices.
 
In a vendor complaint I wrote not long ago, I mentioned choosing a US Warehouse for how fast and secure it seemed. Despite being out of stock, they accepted my order, then left me with little choice but to switch it from the US warehouse over to the China one.

Most folks figured that was nothing to worry about. My guess is they'll feel differently about it at this point.
 
bay_area_schizo said:

BigRed1 said:

That's exactly why I only use sellers with a US warehouse, plus GBs that offer reshipping.

I got lucky and wasn't caught, but my most recent package from China sat in customs for 2 months, so I figured I was done for.
Do US warehouses charge more? I'm curious whether ordering from a US warehouse costs extra compared to a CN one.
Yeah, US warehouses usually cost more. Still, it's nowhere near the prices US resellers ask for.
 
Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
That's rough—my sympathies. I really appreciate you telling us what happened; it's a solid warning about the dangers involved.
 
Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
That's really unfair to your wife. Contesting it seems worth a shot if that option exists.

Bill
 
Whiynot20026 said:

Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
That's really unfair to your wife. Contesting it seems worth a shot if that option exists.

Bill

At times, is it truly worth provoking trouble? Before long, every one of your packages could end up stuck, and every order you sent before might be pulled for inspection.
 
Mochizuki0124 said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
That's really unfair to your wife. Contesting it seems worth a shot if that option exists.

Bill

At times, is it truly worth provoking trouble? Before long, every one of your packages could end up stuck, and every order you sent before might be pulled for inspection.
I understand. Customs is aware of what we're up to. Even so, you could play dumb and apologize. Claim you had no idea. It's likely a wasted effort.
 
Whiynot20026 said:

Mochizuki0124 said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
That's really unfair to your wife. Contesting it seems worth a shot if that option exists.

Bill

At times, is it truly worth provoking trouble? Before long, every one of your packages could end up stuck, and every order you sent before might be pulled for inspection.
I understand. Customs is aware of what we're up to. Even so, you could play dumb and apologize. Claim you had no idea. It's likely a wasted effort.
Yeah, she asked for a "second look." The worst that happens is they deny it and the revocation stands. That's not a huge deal. The real problem would be if her passport got revoked somehow, but that hasn't happened, and with any luck it never will.
 
Whiynot20026 said:

Mochizuki0124 said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
That's really unfair to your wife. Contesting it seems worth a shot if that option exists.

Bill

At times, is it truly worth provoking trouble? Before long, every one of your packages could end up stuck, and every order you sent before might be pulled for inspection.
I understand. Customs is aware of what we're up to. Even so, you could play dumb and apologize. Claim you had no idea. It's likely a wasted effort.

That approach won't succeed.
 
Bsqueezin said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Mochizuki0124 said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
That's really unfair to your wife. Contesting it seems worth a shot if that option exists.

Bill

At times, is it truly worth provoking trouble? Before long, every one of your packages could end up stuck, and every order you sent before might be pulled for inspection.
I understand. Customs is aware of what we're up to. Even so, you could play dumb and apologize. Claim you had no idea. It's likely a wasted effort.
Yeah, she asked for a "second look." The worst that happens is they deny it and the revocation stands. That's not a huge deal. The real problem would be if her passport got revoked somehow, but that hasn't happened, and with any luck it never will.

In that case, will the peptides be resent to you? If yes, what's your plan for dealing with it?
 
Bsqueezin said:

on2jinm said:

Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
Is it safe to think the vendor was sending packages from China rather than a U.S. warehouse?
The order that triggered this originated in China.
Well, looks like I'll be buying from US warehouses for the time being.
 
The safest approach is to keep deliveries away from your home address.

A made-up name counts as mail fraud, though if your name is common, or you go with a first initial plus last name, proving it gets tougher.

I recall someone mentioning they send packages to their workplace under another name, and the staff accepting the mail know who it belongs to. That seems like the best route to me, unless they lose their job.
 
even better, suppose you know someone with a somewhat questionable background who wouldn't be eligible for global entry...
 
can file a DBA in OKC then open a mailbox at fedex location , not usps, under business name "Bsqueezin"

Address: Bsqueezin Receivables

just a thought..

Registering a DBA (formally known as a Trade Name) with the Oklahoma Secretary of State in Oklahoma City carries a flat $25 charge. Oklahoma DBAs never lapse, so no renewal payments come due later. [1, 2]

Either handle the paperwork on your own or pay a filing service to do it: [1, 2]

DIY Option

  • State Filing Fee: $25 (one-time)
  • How to file: Submission can be done online or through the mail. Through the Oklahoma Secretary of State portal, online submissions generally take 2-3 business days to process. [1, 2]
 
A bit off-topic, but I saw an episode of a customs TV program where a wife failed to declare her Gucci bags (for taxes) and ended up being searched and fined. Since the wife and husband were traveling together, both of them lost their global entry.
 
Skidude said:

can file a DBA in OKC then open a mailbox at fedex location , not usps, under business name "Bsqueezin"

Address: Bsqueezin Receivables

just a thought..

Registering a DBA (formally known as a Trade Name) with the Oklahoma Secretary of State in Oklahoma City carries a flat $25 charge. Oklahoma DBAs never lapse, so no renewal payments come due later. [1, 2]

Either handle the paperwork on your own or pay a filing service to do it: [1, 2]

DIY Option

  • State Filing Fee: $25 (one-time)
  • How to file: Submission can be done online or through the mail. Through the Oklahoma Secretary of State portal, online submissions generally take 2-3 business days to process. [1, 2]

Once they trace the documents, they'll identify whoever's name is on the registration.
 
I share this worry, and it's exactly why I stick to vendors who ship from US warehouses. Sorry your wife went through that.
 
bay_area_schizo said:

BigRed1 said:

That's exactly why I only use sellers with a US warehouse, plus GBs that offer reshipping.

I got lucky and wasn't caught, but my most recent package from China sat in customs for 2 months, so I figured I was done for.
Do US warehouses charge more? I'm curious whether ordering from a US warehouse costs extra compared to a CN one.
Indeed, that distinction exists, and inventory at US Warehouses depletes quite often.
 
HARLEYV2 said:

bay_area_schizo said:

BigRed1 said:

That's exactly why I only use sellers with a US warehouse, plus GBs that offer reshipping.

I got lucky and wasn't caught, but my most recent package from China sat in customs for 2 months, so I figured I was done for.
Do US warehouses charge more? I'm curious whether ordering from a US warehouse costs extra compared to a CN one.
Indeed, that distinction exists, and inventory at US Warehouses depletes quite often.
Buying from a US warehouse isn't something I'll do—I'm too frugal. For the items I'm after, some kits cost twice as much, or at minimum $100 extra. I've got a customs strategy set up, and I'm hoping it holds.

From CN, I paid $155 for a T60; at a US warehouse it's above $300.

From CN, I paid $245 for an R60; at a US warehouse it's above $400.

That's just not happening.
 
nitetrak said:

HARLEYV2 said:

bay_area_schizo said:

BigRed1 said:

That's exactly why I only use sellers with a US warehouse, plus GBs that offer reshipping.

I got lucky and wasn't caught, but my most recent package from China sat in customs for 2 months, so I figured I was done for.
Do US warehouses charge more? I'm curious whether ordering from a US warehouse costs extra compared to a CN one.
Indeed, that distinction exists, and inventory at US Warehouses depletes quite often.
Buying from a US warehouse isn't something I'll do—I'm too frugal. For the items I'm after, some kits cost twice as much, or at minimum $100 extra. I've got a customs strategy set up, and I'm hoping it holds.

From CN, I paid $155 for a T60; at a US warehouse it's above $300.

From CN, I paid $245 for an R60; at a US warehouse it's above $400.

That's just not happening.
The upside is that shipping from the US costs slightly less than from China.
 
Back
Top