Wife's global entry revoked

Bsqueezin

Explorer
Joined
Aug 16, 2025
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Location
Oklahoma
An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
 
TSA PreCheck can still be applied for on its own, and the CBP MPC app can be used when coming back into the US — typically that moves people through customs about as fast as global entry.

ETA: My husband is unable to get global entry due to something from when he was a teenager, but he holds TSA PreCheck and uses the MPC app. Most of the time he clears customs at the same time as me, and on 1 occasion he got through roughly 5 to 10 minutes faster than I did with global entry.
 
cheaperseeker said:

TSA PreCheck can still be applied for on its own, and the CBP MPC app can be used when coming back into the US — typically that moves people through customs about as fast as global entry.

ETA: My husband is unable to get global entry due to something from when he was a teenager, but he holds TSA PreCheck and uses the MPC app. Most of the time he clears customs at the same time as me, and on 1 occasion he got through roughly 5 to 10 minutes faster than I did with global entry.
That detail was new to me.

Mr. Blonde said:

Meaning she is still allowed overseas, just with more checks?
That's my assumption too. From what I've come across, a seized package might even lead to a passport being revoked, though she hasn't gotten any notice about that so far. Whether a passport would really be revoked over seized packages, I can't say, but I suppose we'll see.
 
Mr. Blonde said:

Meaning she is still allowed overseas, just with more checks?

FartfulCodger said:

This is terrible. Does it also mean that every time you pass through Customs, they will search your bags?

All this means is that she will need to use the slower customs lane, unless she goes through the CBP MPC app and gets TSA PreCheck on its own.
 
Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
Is it safe to think the vendor was sending packages from China rather than a U.S. warehouse?
 
Bsqueezin said:

cheaperseeker said:

TSA PreCheck can still be applied for on its own, and the CBP MPC app can be used when coming back into the US — typically that moves people through customs about as fast as global entry.

ETA: My husband is unable to get global entry due to something from when he was a teenager, but he holds TSA PreCheck and uses the MPC app. Most of the time he clears customs at the same time as me, and on 1 occasion he got through roughly 5 to 10 minutes faster than I did with global entry.
That detail was new to me.

Mr. Blonde said:

Meaning she is still allowed overseas, just with more checks?
That's my assumption too. From what I've come across, a seized package might even lead to a passport being revoked, though she hasn't gotten any notice about that so far. Whether a passport would really be revoked over seized packages, I can't say, but I suppose we'll see.
I know of cases where Global Entry was taken away, but a passport? That's a first for me. Maybe whoever reported it confused the 2 things.
 
Bsqueezin said:

cheaperseeker said:

TSA PreCheck can still be applied for on its own, and the CBP MPC app can be used when coming back into the US — typically that moves people through customs about as fast as global entry.

ETA: My husband is unable to get global entry due to something from when he was a teenager, but he holds TSA PreCheck and uses the MPC app. Most of the time he clears customs at the same time as me, and on 1 occasion he got through roughly 5 to 10 minutes faster than I did with global entry.
That detail was new to me.

Mr. Blonde said:

Meaning she is still allowed overseas, just with more checks?
That's my assumption too. From what I've come across, a seized package might even lead to a passport being revoked, though she hasn't gotten any notice about that so far. Whether a passport would really be revoked over seized packages, I can't say, but I suppose we'll see.
I had no idea a seized package from customs could lead to someone losing their passport.
 
on2jinm said:

Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
Is it safe to think the vendor was sending packages from China rather than a U.S. warehouse?
The order that triggered this originated in China.
 
Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
It's awful that you two are dealing with this, and honestly I'm shocked this hasn't come up more often on here.

As "US" warehouses and warehouses in other nations have become more common over the past 12 months, plenty of folks have said they'd rather stick with a domestic warehouse so they don't risk losing global entry or running into trouble with their job or career.

There's definitely a chance greater than zero that an order placed through a US warehouse still ends up shipping directly out of CN, and for a customer outside the country that clearly carries a lot of risk.

If that kind of outcome could hit you, then you probably ought to buy from a vendor that is truly local, or go through a GB.

Sorry you're going through this @Bsqueezin
 
cheaperseeker said:

Mr. Blonde said:

Meaning she is still allowed overseas, just with more checks?

FartfulCodger said:

This is terrible. Does it also mean that every time you pass through Customs, they will search your bags?

All this means is that she will need to use the slower customs lane, unless she goes through the CBP MPC app and gets TSA PreCheck on its own.
I'm hoping that's the case. My guess is they run some sort of undisclosed screening criteria on travelers. About 25 years back, I came home from Amsterdam with tulip bulbs that weren't cleared for import, and they were taken from me. That almost certainly ended up in their records. So whenever my luggage gets checked—rare as that is—I can't help but think it might be because I'm marked as "that tulip guy."
 
That's exactly why I only use sellers with a US warehouse, plus GBs that offer reshipping.

I got lucky and wasn't caught, but my most recent package from China sat in customs for 2 months, so I figured I was done for.
 
A February post from someone whose GE got revoked:

tul9033 said:

Mine was taken away in December. I had 3 or 4 packages from India seized. None from China have been seized, even though I've placed several orders from there.

So I went and got TSA Precheck instead, and on my most recent international trip I used the MPC line and got through ahead of my wife, who was in the Global Entry line. I filed an appeal, but haven't heard anything back. I only used GE a single time before it was canceled — almost exactly 1 year after I got it. The last package that got seized was Azelastine allergy nose spray, which you can buy over the counter here in the US. In India I can get it for $6 per bottle, versus $15-20 in the US.




Has anyone actually had Global Entry revoked?



I've seen claims that packages seized from abroad could cause someone to lose their global entry privileges. Curious whether that has really occurred for anyone here?

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com
 
BigRed1 said:

That's exactly why I only use sellers with a US warehouse, plus GBs that offer reshipping.

I got lucky and wasn't caught, but my most recent package from China sat in customs for 2 months, so I figured I was done for.
Yeah, from here on out I'll probably only be looking at US warehouses.
 
BigRed1 said:

That's exactly why I only use sellers with a US warehouse, plus GBs that offer reshipping.

I got lucky and wasn't caught, but my most recent package from China sat in customs for 2 months, so I figured I was done for.
Do US warehouses charge more? I'm curious whether ordering from a US warehouse costs extra compared to a CN one.
 
That is genuinely awful. I feel terrible for both of you. Isn't there something more worthwhile for them to focus on than pulling GE from folks who are simply working on their health?
 
Back
Top