KayKay
Explorer
Every single thing I post gets flagged by the bot. I’ve gone through the rules, and none of what I’m writing breaks them. What’s the reason for this?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I appreciate it. But the system still flags me even when I just want to answer you!bamagirl26 said:
maybe try contributing a bit more in the intro forum? could just be a newness thing
yeah, hang around the intro forum for about a day and I figure you'll be able to post before longKayKay said:
I appreciate it. But the system still flags me even when I just want to answer you!bamagirl26 said:
maybe try contributing a bit more in the intro forum? could just be a newness thing
KayKay said:
Every single thing I post gets flagged by the bot. I’ve gone through the rules, and none of what I’m writing breaks them. What’s the reason for this?
I'd be lying if I said this hasn't happened to me too. Not that I'm griping about it—but it does get confusing when the bots catch something that isn't sourcing or complaining. Plenty of my posts have needed edits, and I genuinely couldn't figure out what set them off. That being said, it is what it is, and I fully get why the rules have to be so tight. Still, could the bots maybe point out which part of the text is the problem? That would help those of us who are new figure out what's actually setting them off.ZippityDooDah said:
The bots are set up to catch posts complaining about posting permissions and other irritating material, along with breaches of the No Source Discussion rules.
Past experience indicates that placing the safe's combination right on the door front does not work well as a way to stop unwanted access.Jack Rabbit Slims said:
I'd be lying if I said this hasn't happened to me too. Not that I'm griping about it—but it does get confusing when the bots catch something that isn't sourcing or complaining. Plenty of my posts have needed edits, and I genuinely couldn't figure out what set them off. That being said, it is what it is, and I fully get why the rules have to be so tight. Still, could the bots maybe point out which part of the text is the problem? That would help those of us who are new figure out what's actually setting them off.ZippityDooDah said:
The bots are set up to catch posts complaining about posting permissions and other irritating material, along with breaches of the No Source Discussion rules.
When I attempted to respond to you, it got flagged! Which portion of this violates the rules?ZippityDooDah said:
The bots are set up to catch posts complaining about posting permissions and other irritating material, along with breaches of the No Source Discussion rules.
KayKay said:
When I attempted to respond to you, it got flagged! Which portion of this violates the rules?ZippityDooDah said:
The bots are set up to catch posts complaining about posting permissions and other irritating material, along with breaches of the No Source Discussion rules.
Alright, maybe I'm losing it, but where exactly is “post #7” showing up?Herkimer P Shagnasty said:
KayKay said:
When I attempted to respond to you, it got flagged! Which portion of this violates the rules?ZippityDooDah said:
The bots are set up to catch posts complaining about posting permissions and other irritating material, along with breaches of the No Source Discussion rules.see #7 above
KayKay said:
Alright, maybe I'm losing it, but where exactly is “post #7” showing up?Herkimer P Shagnasty said:
KayKay said:
When I attempted to respond to you, it got flagged! Which portion of this violates the rules?ZippityDooDah said:
The bots are set up to catch posts complaining about posting permissions and other irritating material, along with breaches of the No Source Discussion rules.see #7 above
Yeah, that's the point I was making. It wasn't a complaint on my part. So the source tag has to be the reason. I've been around for a while, so I figured I was fine.Herkimer P Shagnasty said:
KayKay said:
When I attempted to respond to you, it got flagged! Which portion of this violates the rules?ZippityDooDah said:
The bots are set up to catch posts complaining about posting permissions and other irritating material, along with breaches of the No Source Discussion rules.see #7 above
No need to stress — every now and then it happens to me as well. @ZippityDooDah has no faith in me either.KayKay said:
Every single thing I post gets flagged by the bot. I’ve gone through the rules, and none of what I’m writing breaks them. What’s the reason for this?
That really gets on my nerves!chmuse said:
No need to stress — every now and then it happens to me as well. @ZippityDooDah has no faith in me either.KayKay said:
Every single thing I post gets flagged by the bot. I’ve gone through the rules, and none of what I’m writing breaks them. What’s the reason for this?
Alright, that's reasonable! hahaZippityDooDah said:
Past experience indicates that placing the safe's combination right on the door front does not work well as a way to stop unwanted access.Jack Rabbit Slims said:
I'd be lying if I said this hasn't happened to me too. Not that I'm griping about it—but it does get confusing when the bots catch something that isn't sourcing or complaining. Plenty of my posts have needed edits, and I genuinely couldn't figure out what set them off. That being said, it is what it is, and I fully get why the rules have to be so tight. Still, could the bots maybe point out which part of the text is the problem? That would help those of us who are new figure out what's actually setting them off.ZippityDooDah said:
The bots are set up to catch posts complaining about posting permissions and other irritating material, along with breaches of the No Source Discussion rules.
You figure you're the one who's irritated?!....KayKay said:
That really gets on my nerves!chmuse said:
No need to stress — every now and then it happens to me as well. @ZippityDooDah has no faith in me either.KayKay said:
Every single thing I post gets flagged by the bot. I’ve gone through the rules, and none of what I’m writing breaks them. What’s the reason for this?
I appreciate it—I actually put something up in that section a few months back. Since the instruction is to stick with introductions, I haven’t added anything else because I’ve already done that part.Flash-BCR said:
You figure you're the one who's irritated?!....KayKay said:
That really gets on my nerves!chmuse said:
No need to stress — every now and then it happens to me as well. @ZippityDooDah has no faith in me either.KayKay said:
Every single thing I post gets flagged by the bot. I’ve gone through the rules, and none of what I’m writing breaks them. What’s the reason for this?
...regardless, you're still putting up posts even with those flags...that's a positive thing!......however a few of those posts come across as complaints...and that's not so great.
The quickest route to getting the 'no source' limits removed is simply to roll with it...when you hit a snag, pause and switch to something different. Nothing makes it worse than continuing to hit that same snag, over and over, and over again......exactly like what's happening with this thread
Like it was mentioned, contributing to the intro area is always a plus...GL!