Whose podcasts and channels do you rate? Spotify, YouTube and more

oldrunnerguy

Explorer
Joined
Feb 2, 2026
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
There are quite a few shows I keep in rotation, and I'm curious which ones the rest of you rate. They don't have to be GLP1-specific. I've put mine below - post yours as well, since I'm always after good information and something to learn from.

Roughly in the order they came to mind:

Talking with Docs Podcast. https://open.spotify.com/show/5VOwoic5K2AhdZwyVVNSai?si=6d3290e732c04aa9. The 2 MDs behind it work through pretty much anything medical you could think of. Dr. Zalzal is genuinely funny at times.

On The Pen with Dave Knapp. https://open.spotify.com/show/1N52SmdS5FtVKTKspld5t8?si=0e3844a78b9941a0. Leans towards news, and nobody keeps closer track of what is happening with GLP1s.

Fat Science with Dr. Emily Cooper. https://open.spotify.com/show/7v4FPIfIWejKeWV2uFokZe?si=37482d2b7e474712. Carrying extra weight has nothing to do with willpower.

Peptides Explained. https://open.spotify.com/show/0359UGZEs0e9ArUBbFVmxN?si=eebe81704a0b46ee. No medical degree behind this one, though the science is what he tries to stick to.

Docs Who Lift. https://open.spotify.com/show/2umc46jxx2i4qyjY0MRbDJ?si=772b24e6f43f427b. They come down hard on the grey market and on off-label peptide use, but what they teach and the way they frame it still has value for me. Being in agreement isn't required. Not a GLP1-only show either.

The Hunter Williams Podcast. https://open.spotify.com/show/5aVo13w6OaaGoZzqoJpBkT?si=6397691e53fc4e1a. I'm still unsure about this bloke - more influencer than doctor, I suspect - yet somehow I keep coming back to it.

This Is Not Covered with Dr. Ashley Froese. https://www.youtube.com/@DrAFroese/featured. Zero judgement from her.

So what are you all watching and listening to?
 
I'll work through everything you listed over the coming week or so..

"Huberman Lab" is a good one, very informative and unbiased, expert stuff.
 
Podcasts are something I should get into. Appreciate the recommendations.

At the minute YouTube is where I spend my time — I follow Ashley Froese and Alex Tatem, plus one or two more whose names escape me. Give me an MD over a chiropractor any day. Tatem appeals to me because he's willing to push past the usual limits and doesn't stop at peptides.
 
The first sources I actually got good information from were the UK's FatOldClimber. There's a click count calculator of his that helped me a lot early on, though these days I just work the maths out in a spreadsheet. That's the reason I normally reconstitute my vials at quickpen concentrations and use reusable insulin pens. Sharp needles are what I want, as long as they haven't been into a vial ahead of me. My skin is thick enough 😎
 
At the gym the resistance work gets whatever music comes up at random. Incline walking is harder to do that with, so instead I put on some random youtube video that runs roughly as long as the walk does, and the time passes quicker
 
The channel bioavailable on YouTube is what I've been watching lately. Seeing how these peptides are handled inside the body makes for interesting viewing. There was a leaky gut video from him not long ago that I'll need to sit through again — I lost concentration partway.
 
camzgon said:

At the gym the resistance work gets whatever music comes up at random. Incline walking is harder to do that with, so instead I put on some random youtube video that runs roughly as long as the walk does, and the time passes quicker
That's more or less my routine as well. Great minds, clearly, or something along those lines.
 
Here is a list I put together of medical YouTubers I rate highly... your mileage may of course vary.

Every one of them is a big advocate of peptides, most are good fun to watch, and between them they get through a wide range of material without drowning you in medical jargon.

  1. Dr. Ashley Froese: an Arizona-based family medicine physician who is board-certified, and holds a D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine). YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@DrAFroese
  2. Dr. Michael Mueller: holds board certification in family medicine. YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@doctormichaelmueller
  3. Dr. Nick Norwitz: researcher and physician-scientist whose specialism is nutritional medicine and human metabolism. YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@nicknorwitzMDPhD
  4. Dr. Alex Tatem: a urologist with board certification, and a specialist in men's health. YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@DrAlexTatem
  5. Dr. Quinn Stillson: a physician whose focus is integrative, regenerative and longevity medicine. YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@quinnstillsonmd
  6. Dr. Spencer Nadolsky: a doctor with triple board certification. Clinical Lipidology, Obesity Medicine and Family Medicine are among his specialties. YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@drnadolsky
  7. Dr. Pat Taylor: a family medicine physician whose focus is obesity medicine, menopause, men's health and longevity. YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@DrPatTaylor
  8. Dr. Brad Stanfield: a General Practitioner (GP) who took his degree at the University of Auckland, New Zealand. YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@DrBradStanfield
  9. Dr. Clete Barrick: an obesity medicine physician with board certification and 12+ years of clinical experience (as of 2026). 5,000+ GLP-1 patients treated. He lost 80 lbs on tirzepatide himself. YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@BarrickHealth
  10. Dr. Will Haas: a family medicine physician with board certification and an interest in integrative medicine, peptide therapy among them. YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@VYVEWellness
  11. Dr. Greg Jones: a licensed Naturopathic Medical Doctor and Functional Medicine Expert, practising with an emphasis on pain relief, regenerative medicine and Peptide Therapy. YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@DrGregJonesNMD
  12. Dr. Stirrett: a naturopathic physician whose specialisms are functional medicine weight loss, GLP-1 microdosing and bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@dr.stirrett
 
PsychDoc said:

Here is a list I put together of medical YouTubers I rate highly... your mileage may of course vary.

Every one of them is a big advocate of peptides, most are good fun to watch, and between them they get through a wide range of material without drowning you in medical jargon.

  1. Dr. Ashley Froese: an Arizona-based family medicine physician who is board-certified, and holds a D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine). YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@DrAFroese
  2. Dr. Michael Mueller: holds board certification in family medicine. YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@doctormichaelmueller
  3. Dr. Nick Norwitz: researcher and physician-scientist whose specialism is nutritional medicine and human metabolism. YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@nicknorwitzMDPhD
  4. Dr. Alex Tatem: a urologist with board certification, and a specialist in men's health. YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@DrAlexTatem
  5. Dr. Quinn Stillson: a physician whose focus is integrative, regenerative and longevity medicine. YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@quinnstillsonmd
  6. Dr. Spencer Nadolsky: a doctor with triple board certification. Clinical Lipidology, Obesity Medicine and Family Medicine are among his specialties. YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@drnadolsky
  7. Dr. Pat Taylor: a family medicine physician whose focus is obesity medicine, menopause, men's health and longevity. YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@DrPatTaylor
  8. Dr. Brad Stanfield: a General Practitioner (GP) who took his degree at the University of Auckland, New Zealand. YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@DrBradStanfield
  9. Dr. Clete Barrick: an obesity medicine physician with board certification and 12+ years of clinical experience (as of 2026). 5,000+ GLP-1 patients treated. He lost 80 lbs on tirzepatide himself. YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@BarrickHealth
  10. Dr. Will Haas: a family medicine physician with board certification and an interest in integrative medicine, peptide therapy among them. YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@VYVEWellness
  11. Dr. Greg Jones: a licensed Naturopathic Medical Doctor and Functional Medicine Expert, practising with an emphasis on pain relief, regenerative medicine and Peptide Therapy. YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@DrGregJonesNMD
  12. Dr. Stirrett: a naturopathic physician whose specialisms are functional medicine weight loss, GLP-1 microdosing and bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@dr.stirrett
Show off....

Great list 😀
 
As a norwegian, the way a lot of US folks lean on "like" drives me up the wall. What is that about, honestly? You hear some of them use it in every other sentence it feels like (like). Podcasts especially.

"Yeah, so, like, uhm....... Like, so lets say..... like, well" 😂😂
 
There's another one worth adding to the list everyone's building: Dr. Ford Brewer — cardiovascular health is his main area. Peptides aren't his thing, but on supplements, diet and exercise he's a good person to follow. A lot of his content covers his own health story and the gains he's made in his own cardiovascular health, working around what he calls his "bad genetics".


https://www.youtube.com/@DrFordBrewer
 
Beansnapper said:

Dr. Jones, DC covers the subject well.
I struggle with him personally. His videos are roughly half self promotion, at least. Just as he gets into something substantive, up comes another request to like, subscribe, visit the site, whatever it happens to be.
 
Back
Top