Whose podcasts and channels do you rate? Spotify, YouTube and more

ThatNextGril said:

Beansnapper said:

Dr. Jones, DC covers the subject well.
I struggle with him personally. His videos are roughly half self promotion, at least. Just as he gets into something substantive, up comes another request to like, subscribe, visit the site, whatever it happens to be.
Most of them fit that description, I'd say. Fond as I am of Ashley, she's there to sell her classes or get people buying a Hume scale on her referral code. And naturally every one of them is hunting for customers they can charge a consultation fee to.
 
Curious what you guys make of these two "influencers", or whatever the right word for them is? Each of them has an agenda, obviously — both sell products and/or services — but that alone isn't reason enough to write them off.

Trevor Bachmeyer - Very knowledgeable and well informed by the look of it. He talks as though his take is the only correct one, and there's a smart-ass edge to him that enjoys an argument. At the same time I've noticed a fair amount of criticism and negative feedback aimed at him online. Either way, good insights do turn up in his stuff from time to time.

Josh Holyfield - Health, longevity, fitness, nutrition, that whole spread is what he covers. He puts out some solid posts and useful information as far as I can tell, and he comes across as a genuinely good guy who wants to help. Still, I keep a bit of scepticism about anyone's motives. A real gymbro type, which to me is completely fine!

Is anyone else following either of them, or have views on what they put out?
 
ThatNextGril said:

Beansnapper said:

Dr. Jones, DC covers the subject well.
I struggle with him personally. His videos are roughly half self promotion, at least. Just as he gets into something substantive, up comes another request to like, subscribe, visit the site, whatever it happens to be.
Fair enough, but point me at a single one of them who isn't running a clinic and selling marked-up peptides. The information is all I'm after, not the sales talk.
 
Having something playing all day suits me. Music, a podcast, a documentary on YouTube, whatever it is. Streaming services and YouTube are basically all I use for watching anything, and being able to choose exactly what to put on, wherever and whenever, is a nice thing. Add in how many talented creators there are.

For listening while I'm out and about, something like the high performance podcast works well for me.
 
Beansnapper said:

ThatNextGril said:

Beansnapper said:

Dr. Jones, DC covers the subject well.
I struggle with him personally. His videos are roughly half self promotion, at least. Just as he gets into something substantive, up comes another request to like, subscribe, visit the site, whatever it happens to be.
Fair enough, but point me at a single one of them who isn't running a clinic and selling marked-up peptides. The information is all I'm after, not the sales talk.
No question, every one of them has a pitch, and that's fine. What bothers me in his case is how much of the video the pitch eats up — half of it. Slightly overkill....
 
PepEU said:

Curious what you guys make of these two "influencers", or whatever the right word for them is? Each of them has an agenda, obviously — both sell products and/or services — but that alone isn't reason enough to write them off.

Trevor Bachmeyer - Very knowledgeable and well informed by the look of it. He talks as though his take is the only correct one, and there's a smart-ass edge to him that enjoys an argument. At the same time I've noticed a fair amount of criticism and negative feedback aimed at him online. Either way, good insights do turn up in his stuff from time to time.

Josh Holyfield - Health, longevity, fitness, nutrition, that whole spread is what he covers. He puts out some solid posts and useful information as far as I can tell, and he comes across as a genuinely good guy who wants to help. Still, I keep a bit of scepticism about anyone's motives. A real gymbro type, which to me is completely fine!

Is anyone else following either of them, or have views on what they put out?
My feelings about the two of them are mixed. The way each one talks grates on me — one is too vulgar, the other can't keep his hands still. What they have to say I do like hearing, though, because it tends to differ from the standard line. Neither of them gets taken as gospel by me.
 
PepEU said:

Curious what you guys make of these two "influencers", or whatever the right word for them is? Each of them has an agenda, obviously — both sell products and/or services — but that alone isn't reason enough to write them off.

Trevor Bachmeyer - Very knowledgeable and well informed by the look of it. He talks as though his take is the only correct one, and there's a smart-ass edge to him that enjoys an argument. At the same time I've noticed a fair amount of criticism and negative feedback aimed at him online. Either way, good insights do turn up in his stuff from time to time.

Josh Holyfield - Health, longevity, fitness, nutrition, that whole spread is what he covers. He puts out some solid posts and useful information as far as I can tell, and he comes across as a genuinely good guy who wants to help. Still, I keep a bit of scepticism about anyone's motives. A real gymbro type, which to me is completely fine!

Is anyone else following either of them, or have views on what they put out?
He was caught cheating at a Crossfit competition. The story goes that he filmed himself doing a few reps of one exercise, then cut the video so the same clip played over and over, which made it look like far more reps had been completed than actually were. After I came across that, I realised nothing he said could really be trusted.
 
Back
Top