Whole-body itching following injection... palms turned red with intense itch... NEED HELP

Alexbosta

Explorer
Joined
May 28, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Cincinnati OH
I’ve been using klow, CJC-1295 alongside Ipamorelin, plus Tesamorelin. Once I realized Tesamorelin and CJC-1295 essentially accomplish the same thing, I made the switch to CJC.

Still, with both (cjc and tesa), I was getting large welt-like, itchy patches at every injection site, and they stick around for days. That was already an issue, but the most recent time I took CJC alone at night, within 10-15 minutes I became extremely itchy. I ended up needing a Benadryl just to settle myself; it was honestly a mess.

I’m trying to determine whether this is something I should stop doing altogether?
 
Most likely histamine reactions. A handful of causes could explain the itching. Still, ss31 and motsC both give me a histamine reaction. Nothing serious. It clears up quickly.

Bill
 
Alexbosta said:

I’ve been using klow, CJC-1295 alongside Ipamorelin, plus Tesamorelin. Once I realized Tesamorelin and CJC-1295 essentially accomplish the same thing, I made the switch to CJC.

Still, with both (cjc and tesa), I was getting large welt-like, itchy patches at every injection site, and they stick around for days. That was already an issue, but the most recent time I took CJC alone at night, within 10-15 minutes I became extremely itchy. I ended up needing a Benadryl just to settle myself; it was honestly a mess.

I’m trying to determine whether this is something I should stop doing altogether?
Indeed, this looks like an allergic response, and in the worst case it might progress to anaphylactic shock.

I’m in the same boat and have had a hard time pinning down what’s responsible.

My symptoms appeared roughly when I started taking tadalafil along with collagen supplements. At first it was just itching, then little bumps showed up on my hands, which I didn’t think much about. Only after bigger, itchy welts (hives) began appearing elsewhere did I start taking it seriously and stopped both the collagen and the tada. Things improved for a while, but then the symptoms returned. That’s when I connected them to my twice-weekly reta dose. This reta came from a vendor I don’t usually buy from. Right now my best guess is that I’m reacting to an excipient (Trehalose) that some peptides contain. Unfortunately, using Trehalose rather than Mannitol yields a more stable final product and likely a higher-quality one. This week I went back to my old bff, and after 3 days the hives are gone.

Edited to include trehalose reference. https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC10509983/
 
Alexbosta said:

I’ve been using klow, CJC-1295 alongside Ipamorelin, plus Tesamorelin. Once I realized Tesamorelin and CJC-1295 essentially accomplish the same thing, I made the switch to CJC.

Still, with both (cjc and tesa), I was getting large welt-like, itchy patches at every injection site, and they stick around for days. That was already an issue, but the most recent time I took CJC alone at night, within 10-15 minutes I became extremely itchy. I ended up needing a Benadryl just to settle myself; it was honestly a mess.

I’m trying to determine whether this is something I should stop doing altogether?
If I were you, I'd keep using them
 
Having gone through a complete anaphylactic reaction to a medication in the past, please, for the love of God, STOP! Your body is making it clear that this is unacceptable, and it won't change its mind. Anaphylaxis is a bitch, not something you want to flirt with.
 
spanky2026 said:

Having gone through a complete anaphylactic reaction to a medication in the past, please, for the love of God, STOP! Your body is making it clear that this is unacceptable, and it won't change its mind. Anaphylaxis is a bitch, not something you want to flirt with.
I agree. As a teen, I had extreme allergic responses to 2 different antibiotic groups. That’s something I wouldn’t want anybody to go through. You either end up dead, or you lose your mind.
 
Alexbosta said:

I’ve been using klow, CJC-1295 alongside Ipamorelin, plus Tesamorelin. Once I realized Tesamorelin and CJC-1295 essentially accomplish the same thing, I made the switch to CJC.

Still, with both (cjc and tesa), I was getting large welt-like, itchy patches at every injection site, and they stick around for days. That was already an issue, but the most recent time I took CJC alone at night, within 10-15 minutes I became extremely itchy. I ended up needing a Benadryl just to settle myself; it was honestly a mess.

I’m trying to determine whether this is something I should stop doing altogether?
Stay away from it.

These compounds, along with quite a few others, can set off mast-cell reactions.

I ran Tesamorelin for 3 months with no problems, then stopped all peptides for two months. Last week, before bed, I took Reta, 2 mg; Tesa, 1 mg; and Epitalon, 500 mcg. It was my first time back on them after the break, drawn from the same batches I'd used in the earlier months, and freshly reconstituted. Inside 20 minutes I was in the ER with an anaphylactoid reaction: severe itching, welts across my abdomen and upper arms, paresthesia from head to toe, flushing over my whole body, a tight, swollen throat, and, oddly enough, a sudden urgent need to urinate.

I took diphenhydramine and desloratadine and got myself to the ER. Once a reaction like this goes systemic, antihistamines can't be counted on to shut it down. Histamine is only one piece of it; leukotrienes, prostaglandins, and other inflammatory mediators can be in play too. Antihistamines might ease symptoms such as hives or itching and might buy you time, but a serious systemic reaction calls for epinephrine and emergency care.

You're putting bioactive peptide compounds into your body, and some of us react more than others. Your body can essentially decide, "no, thank you," and cut off your peptide privileges whenever it wants. Reactions can also get worse over time once your immune system becomes sensitized to a given compound, excipient, contaminant, degradation product, or formulation.

With a reaction like yours, I'd think hard before continuing CJC/Ipamorelin, Tesamorelin, or similar GH-modulating peptides, particularly if you don't have an Epipen. I've come across plenty of similar reports from people who reacted to these compounds. Do you have any other allergies?

This photo is from the start of the reaction. It got worse, but I was too busy handling it to document any more.

Worth mentioning: out of the 21 compounds I've tried, 13 of them gave me a bad reaction, though milder.
 
DunningKruger said:


Avoid.

Both compounds are capable of triggering mast-cell reactions, as are several others.

I used Tesamorelin successfully for 3 months, paused all peptides for two months, then took Reta, 2 mg; Tesa, 1 mg; and Epitalon, 500 mcg, before bed last week. It was my first time using them again after the pause, from the same batches as the prior months, freshly reconstituted. Within 20 minutes, I ended up in the ER with an anaphylactoid reaction: intense itching, welting on my abdomen and upper arms, head-to-toe paresthesia, full-body flushing, throat tightness/swelling, and, interestingly, an urgent need to void.

I took diphenhydramine and desloratadine and got myself to the ER. This kind of reaction is not something antihistamines can reliably stop once it becomes systemic. Histamine is only part of the picture; leukotrienes, prostaglandins, and other inflammatory mediators can also be involved. Antihistamines may help with symptoms like hives or itching, and they may buy time, but serious systemic reactions require epinephrine and emergency care.

You’re injecting bioactive peptide compounds into your body, and some of us are more reactive. The body can basically say, “no, thank you,” and revoke your peptide allowance at any time. Reactions can also become worse over time if your immune system becomes sensitized to a particular compound, excipient, contaminant, degradation product, or formulation.

Given your reaction, I’d be very cautious about continuing with CJC/Ipamorelin, Tesamorelin, or related GH-modulating peptides, especially without an Epipen. I’ve seen plenty of similar reports from people reacting to these compounds. Do you have any other allergies?

This photo was from the beginning of the reaction. It became worse, but I was far too busy dealing with it to document more.

Worth noting: Of the 21 compounds I have tried, I have reacted poorly to 13 of them, to a lesser degree.

Click to expand...
Is this just a reaction where the shot went in???
 
A red patch or a little lump at the injection site is an ISR — a reaction confined to that spot. Hives or welts, such as the ones shown in the picture above, mean the reaction is systemic, and that is your body signaling you to stop right away. As others have pointed out, there may be no further warning — the next time you could go directly into anaphylaxis.
 
Have you been seen at urgent care?

I have to admit, I skipped over the responses. I only looked at the heading.
 
It's a nasal spray rather than a pen



Image unavailable



neffy® (epinephrine nasal spray) for Anaphylaxis



neffy is the sole needle-free epinephrine nasal spray for emergency treatment of allergic reactions including anaphylaxis, in adults and children who weigh 33 lbs or greater. Full Prescribing Information and Patient Information are there for you to read over.

5e90d6134edd6244d3769bd174f09806b6a9fdca4e56c4a53b0d2c7729ff0008.png



www.neffy.com
 
Not exactly the same as what happened to you, but 2 days after injecting Reta I would get itchy rashes that appeared in random spots. I ultimately went with split dosing and added a Claritin on the day of pinning, and that took care of the discomfort I had early on
 
RetCurious said:

Alexbosta said:

I’ve been using klow, CJC-1295 alongside Ipamorelin, plus Tesamorelin. Once I realized Tesamorelin and CJC-1295 essentially accomplish the same thing, I made the switch to CJC.

Still, with both (cjc and tesa), I was getting large welt-like, itchy patches at every injection site, and they stick around for days. That was already an issue, but the most recent time I took CJC alone at night, within 10-15 minutes I became extremely itchy. I ended up needing a Benadryl just to settle myself; it was honestly a mess.

I’m trying to determine whether this is something I should stop doing altogether?
Indeed, this looks like an allergic response, and in the worst case it might progress to anaphylactic shock.

I’m in the same boat and have had a hard time pinning down what’s responsible.

My symptoms appeared roughly when I started taking tadalafil along with collagen supplements. At first it was just itching, then little bumps showed up on my hands, which I didn’t think much about. Only after bigger, itchy welts (hives) began appearing elsewhere did I start taking it seriously and stopped both the collagen and the tada. Things improved for a while, but then the symptoms returned. That’s when I connected them to my twice-weekly reta dose. This reta came from a vendor I don’t usually buy from. Right now my best guess is that I’m reacting to an excipient (Trehalose) that some peptides contain. Unfortunately, using Trehalose rather than Mannitol yields a more stable final product and likely a higher-quality one. This week I went back to my old bff, and after 3 days the hives are gone.

Edited to include trehalose reference. https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC10509983/

Has any vendor or analysis confirmed that trehalose is present?

I reached out to my primary supplier, but no reply has come back yet.

My interest is specific: this sugar stops mannitol from crystallizing when frozen.
 
eidos said:

RetCurious said:

Alexbosta said:

I’ve been using klow, CJC-1295 alongside Ipamorelin, plus Tesamorelin. Once I realized Tesamorelin and CJC-1295 essentially accomplish the same thing, I made the switch to CJC.

Still, with both (cjc and tesa), I was getting large welt-like, itchy patches at every injection site, and they stick around for days. That was already an issue, but the most recent time I took CJC alone at night, within 10-15 minutes I became extremely itchy. I ended up needing a Benadryl just to settle myself; it was honestly a mess.

I’m trying to determine whether this is something I should stop doing altogether?
Indeed, this looks like an allergic response, and in the worst case it might progress to anaphylactic shock.

I’m in the same boat and have had a hard time pinning down what’s responsible.

My symptoms appeared roughly when I started taking tadalafil along with collagen supplements. At first it was just itching, then little bumps showed up on my hands, which I didn’t think much about. Only after bigger, itchy welts (hives) began appearing elsewhere did I start taking it seriously and stopped both the collagen and the tada. Things improved for a while, but then the symptoms returned. That’s when I connected them to my twice-weekly reta dose. This reta came from a vendor I don’t usually buy from. Right now my best guess is that I’m reacting to an excipient (Trehalose) that some peptides contain. Unfortunately, using Trehalose rather than Mannitol yields a more stable final product and likely a higher-quality one. This week I went back to my old bff, and after 3 days the hives are gone.

Edited to include trehalose reference. https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC10509983/

Has any vendor or analysis confirmed that trehalose is present?

I reached out to my primary supplier, but no reply has come back yet.

My interest is specific: this sugar stops mannitol from crystallizing when frozen.
On July 3rd I forwarded this to the US rep, and within a few minutes received a reply saying they would look into it. I have heard nothing back since.

"I'm reaching out with a question I hope you can assist with. Could you determine what excipient the reta contains? From what I gather, mannitol is the typical choice, though some accounts mention trehalose. Thanks!"
 
desinr-gal said:

It's a nasal spray rather than a pen



Image unavailable



neffy® (epinephrine nasal spray) for Anaphylaxis



neffy is the sole needle-free epinephrine nasal spray for emergency treatment of allergic reactions including anaphylaxis, in adults and children who weigh 33 lbs or greater. Full Prescribing Information and Patient Information are there for you to read over.

View attachment 10514


www.neffy.com
This is something I have never come across before. Thanks for telling us. Have you completed their telemetry in order to obtain one? Did it happen quickly and without difficulty?
 

Attachments

  • 5e90d6134edd6244d3769bd174f09806b6a9fdca4e56c4a53b0d2c7729ff0008.png
    5e90d6134edd6244d3769bd174f09806b6a9fdca4e56c4a53b0d2c7729ff0008.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 6
RetCurious said:

eidos said:

RetCurious said:

Alexbosta said:

I’ve been using klow, CJC-1295 alongside Ipamorelin, plus Tesamorelin. Once I realized Tesamorelin and CJC-1295 essentially accomplish the same thing, I made the switch to CJC.

Still, with both (cjc and tesa), I was getting large welt-like, itchy patches at every injection site, and they stick around for days. That was already an issue, but the most recent time I took CJC alone at night, within 10-15 minutes I became extremely itchy. I ended up needing a Benadryl just to settle myself; it was honestly a mess.

I’m trying to determine whether this is something I should stop doing altogether?
Indeed, this looks like an allergic response, and in the worst case it might progress to anaphylactic shock.

I’m in the same boat and have had a hard time pinning down what’s responsible.

My symptoms appeared roughly when I started taking tadalafil along with collagen supplements. At first it was just itching, then little bumps showed up on my hands, which I didn’t think much about. Only after bigger, itchy welts (hives) began appearing elsewhere did I start taking it seriously and stopped both the collagen and the tada. Things improved for a while, but then the symptoms returned. That’s when I connected them to my twice-weekly reta dose. This reta came from a vendor I don’t usually buy from. Right now my best guess is that I’m reacting to an excipient (Trehalose) that some peptides contain. Unfortunately, using Trehalose rather than Mannitol yields a more stable final product and likely a higher-quality one. This week I went back to my old bff, and after 3 days the hives are gone.

Edited to include trehalose reference. https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC10509983/

Has any vendor or analysis confirmed that trehalose is present?

I reached out to my primary supplier, but no reply has come back yet.

My interest is specific: this sugar stops mannitol from crystallizing when frozen.
On July 3rd I forwarded this to the US rep, and within a few minutes received a reply saying they would look into it. I have heard nothing back since.

"I'm reaching out with a question I hope you can assist with. Could you determine what excipient the reta contains? From what I gather, mannitol is the typical choice, though some accounts mention trehalose. Thanks!"

Here is what I submitted:

3. Technical inquiry: Besides mannitol, do the excipients used in Retatrutide and Tirzepatide also include trehalose as a crystallization inhibitor?

Source: (https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC12736198/) Nov 2025.

I'm not looking for information on salts or other excipients — my only goal is to figure out the right long-term storage temperature for my kits.

The first two questions got a kind reply, but the third one didn't. Perhaps it will come through eventually.
 
desinr-gal said:

It's a nasal spray rather than a pen



Image unavailable



neffy® (epinephrine nasal spray) for Anaphylaxis



neffy is the sole needle-free epinephrine nasal spray for emergency treatment of allergic reactions including anaphylaxis, in adults and children who weigh 33 lbs or greater. Full Prescribing Information and Patient Information are there for you to read over.

View attachment 10514


www.neffy.com
In France, this has been under review by the HAS (High Authority for Health) since January. More to come. Thanks for sharing.
 

Attachments

  • 5e90d6134edd6244d3769bd174f09806b6a9fdca4e56c4a53b0d2c7729ff0008.png
    5e90d6134edd6244d3769bd174f09806b6a9fdca4e56c4a53b0d2c7729ff0008.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 4
eidos said:

RetCurious said:

eidos said:

RetCurious said:

Alexbosta said:

I’ve been using klow, CJC-1295 alongside Ipamorelin, plus Tesamorelin. Once I realized Tesamorelin and CJC-1295 essentially accomplish the same thing, I made the switch to CJC.

Still, with both (cjc and tesa), I was getting large welt-like, itchy patches at every injection site, and they stick around for days. That was already an issue, but the most recent time I took CJC alone at night, within 10-15 minutes I became extremely itchy. I ended up needing a Benadryl just to settle myself; it was honestly a mess.

I’m trying to determine whether this is something I should stop doing altogether?
Indeed, this looks like an allergic response, and in the worst case it might progress to anaphylactic shock.

I’m in the same boat and have had a hard time pinning down what’s responsible.

My symptoms appeared roughly when I started taking tadalafil along with collagen supplements. At first it was just itching, then little bumps showed up on my hands, which I didn’t think much about. Only after bigger, itchy welts (hives) began appearing elsewhere did I start taking it seriously and stopped both the collagen and the tada. Things improved for a while, but then the symptoms returned. That’s when I connected them to my twice-weekly reta dose. This reta came from a vendor I don’t usually buy from. Right now my best guess is that I’m reacting to an excipient (Trehalose) that some peptides contain. Unfortunately, using Trehalose rather than Mannitol yields a more stable final product and likely a higher-quality one. This week I went back to my old bff, and after 3 days the hives are gone.

Edited to include trehalose reference. https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC10509983/

Has any vendor or analysis confirmed that trehalose is present?

I reached out to my primary supplier, but no reply has come back yet.

My interest is specific: this sugar stops mannitol from crystallizing when frozen.
On July 3rd I forwarded this to the US rep, and within a few minutes received a reply saying they would look into it. I have heard nothing back since.

"I'm reaching out with a question I hope you can assist with. Could you determine what excipient the reta contains? From what I gather, mannitol is the typical choice, though some accounts mention trehalose. Thanks!"

Here is what I submitted:

3. Technical inquiry: Besides mannitol, do the excipients used in Retatrutide and Tirzepatide also include trehalose as a crystallization inhibitor?

Source: (https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC12736198/) Nov 2025.

I'm not looking for information on salts or other excipients — my only goal is to figure out the right long-term storage temperature for my kits.

The first two questions got a kind reply, but the third one didn't. Perhaps it will come through eventually.
Since this could be an allergen problem, it would be good to find out — though given that it's the grey market, I probably never will. On the bright side, it's an uncommon genetic allergy.
 
Back
Top