Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
For a short stretch I'm running reta alongside tirz. My current regimen has been 8.8 tirz plus 1.6 survo for some time, and meanwhile I'm VERY gradually accumulating a reta stash in the freezer so it matches my tirz stash. That stash is at 2.5 years max dose, and I'm confident I can call it quits once I hit 10 years max dose, but what if, after all that stockpiling, reta turns out to be a real no-go for me? So I'm planning to use up two vials of 37mg reta in this stack:CornPop said:
I'm wondering about the tirz plus Reta combo. What drove you to try it, and what did your starting approach look like? What makes it better for you than sticking with just 1?Gr33dyOctopus said:
Holy shit man, you're completely unhinged! Not long ago I actually had to lower my tirz from 7mg and reta from 6mg, since anything I ate past roughly a deck of cards' worth would come right back up, and that lasted more than a week. Now I'm at 5mg tirz and 5mg reta, purely so I can actually get food in and have it stay there.
That's a fascinating thought. Once I hit my goal weight or stall out, I could see myself trying something along those lines. Still, I definitely feel that urge to stockpile these vials like a squirrel stashing nuts. Time will tell.randompersonrandom said:
For a short stretch I'm running reta alongside tirz. My current regimen has been 8.8 tirz plus 1.6 survo for some time, and meanwhile I'm VERY gradually accumulating a reta stash in the freezer so it matches my tirz stash. That stash is at 2.5 years max dose, and I'm confident I can call it quits once I hit 10 years max dose, but what if, after all that stockpiling, reta turns out to be a real no-go for me? So I'm planning to use up two vials of 37mg reta in this stack:CornPop said:
I'm wondering about the tirz plus Reta combo. What drove you to try it, and what did your starting approach look like? What makes it better for you than sticking with just 1?Gr33dyOctopus said:
Holy shit man, you're completely unhinged! Not long ago I actually had to lower my tirz from 7mg and reta from 6mg, since anything I ate past roughly a deck of cards' worth would come right back up, and that lasted more than a week. Now I'm at 5mg tirz and 5mg reta, purely so I can actually get food in and have it stay there.
4 weeks- 2.2 mg reta, 6.6 mg tirz
4 weeks- 4.4 mg reta, 4.4 mg tirz
4 weeks-6.6 mg reta, 2.2 mg tirz
then coming back to just-tirz
4 weeks 4.4 mg reta, 4.4 mg tirz
til the reta runs out: 2.2 mg reta, 6.6 mg tirz
That ought to reveal whether reta causes any issues for me and give me a decent sense of whether it works for me, while I keep the I'm-this-close safety of tirz when I'm six pounds from maintenance.
I did combine Tirz and Reta in the past, but these days I'm solely on reta.randompersonrandom said:
For a short stretch I'm running reta alongside tirz. My current regimen has been 8.8 tirz plus 1.6 survo for some time, and meanwhile I'm VERY gradually accumulating a reta stash in the freezer so it matches my tirz stash. That stash is at 2.5 years max dose, and I'm confident I can call it quits once I hit 10 years max dose, but what if, after all that stockpiling, reta turns out to be a real no-go for me? So I'm planning to use up two vials of 37mg reta in this stack:CornPop said:
I'm wondering about the tirz plus Reta combo. What drove you to try it, and what did your starting approach look like? What makes it better for you than sticking with just 1?Gr33dyOctopus said:
Holy shit man, you're completely unhinged! Not long ago I actually had to lower my tirz from 7mg and reta from 6mg, since anything I ate past roughly a deck of cards' worth would come right back up, and that lasted more than a week. Now I'm at 5mg tirz and 5mg reta, purely so I can actually get food in and have it stay there.
4 weeks- 2.2 mg reta, 6.6 mg tirz
4 weeks- 4.4 mg reta, 4.4 mg tirz
4 weeks-6.6 mg reta, 2.2 mg tirz
then coming back to just-tirz
4 weeks 4.4 mg reta, 4.4 mg tirz
til the reta runs out: 2.2 mg reta, 6.6 mg tirz
That ought to reveal whether reta causes any issues for me and give me a decent sense of whether it works for me, while I keep the I'm-this-close safety of tirz when I'm six pounds from maintenance.
How much reta did you introduce? And are you still on 7mg tirz?Gr33dyOctopus said:
I’d break the dose into parts
When I was on 7mg of tirz, hunger would hit hard around day 5. I switched to splitting the dose every 5 days, but I was still hungry (I’m a fatass with a messed-up, intense relationship with food). I’d just found gray and bought reta. I wanted to give it a shot. So rather than splitting only tirz, I split both tirz and reta. My appetite vanished, weight loss sped up, like dropping serious weight, with zero hunger. In fact, I haven’t felt real hunger in 4 months.CornPop said:
I'm wondering about the tirz plus Reta combo. What drove you to try it, and what did your starting approach look like? What makes it better for you than sticking with just 1?Gr33dyOctopus said:
Holy shit man, you're completely unhinged! Not long ago I actually had to lower my tirz from 7mg and reta from 6mg, since anything I ate past roughly a deck of cards' worth would come right back up, and that lasted more than a week. Now I'm at 5mg tirz and 5mg reta, purely so I can actually get food in and have it stay there.
Every day I have an apple, orange or banana, drink a nurri, and eat a card-sized block of some protein. My diet isn’t the main thing, I don’t track or measure calories, eat like a normal person.
shrug I like how I feel splitting those two, and I have so much of each now, might as well. When I eventually hit goal this summer will probably try to just use reta to maintain.
RN 330sw 234cw 200gw