Whoa!

Sasquatch

Explorer
Joined
Nov 30, 2025
Messages
168
Reaction score
0
Location
The River
I haven't exactly been careful with how much I inject or with overfill. I'm finishing the last injection of month 1, which is labeled 15mg.

(Thanks to overfill, 19.5mg is available.)

Week 1: injected 15mg, followed by an extra dose on day 4 (4.5mg of overfill).

Week 2: injected 15mg, then another extra dose on day 4 (4.5mg once more).

Week 3: split .65ml into 2 portions of about .35ml each, spaced 3 days apart. (19.5mg ÷2)

Week 4: returned to about .45ml. (I'll add a bump if necessary.)

Week 4: for the first time in a year, it stung!

I suspect I nicked a capillary. The whole day I felt kind of floaty. Similar to when I was just starting out.

It's a ride!

Has anyone else gone through something like this?
 
Holy shit man, you're completely unhinged! Not long ago I actually had to lower my tirz from 7mg and reta from 6mg, since anything I ate past roughly a deck of cards' worth would come right back up, and that lasted more than a week. Now I'm at 5mg tirz and 5mg reta, purely so I can actually get food in and have it stay there.
 
Sasquatch said:

I haven't exactly been careful with how much I inject or with overfill. I'm finishing the last injection of month 1, which is labeled 15mg.

(Thanks to overfill, 19.5mg is available.)

Week 1: injected 15mg, followed by an extra dose on day 4 (4.5mg of overfill).

Week 2: injected 15mg, then another extra dose on day 4 (4.5mg once more).

Week 3: split .65ml into 2 portions of about .35ml each, spaced 3 days apart. (19.5mg ÷2)

Week 4: returned to about .45ml. (I'll add a bump if necessary.)

Week 4: for the first time in a year, it stung!

I suspect I nicked a capillary. The whole day I felt kind of floaty. Similar to when I was just starting out.

It's a ride!

Has anyone else gone through something like this?
For whatever reason, when I clicked this open, I was expecting a horse to be in it?
 
I haven’t come across any research suggesting a dose above 15mg is advised. Splitting that into 2 doses could be reasonable, but exceeding 15 in total probably doesn’t add much.
 
attcbf said:

I haven’t come across any research suggesting a dose above 15mg is advised. Splitting that into 2 doses could be reasonable, but exceeding 15 in total probably doesn’t add much.
Which studies have you come across that examine split dosing?

What evidence supports the claim that doses above 15mg/week “does not provide much”?
 
There's a crew here on high doses (>15mg). I can't quite keep their names straight in my head.

That said, splitting the dose is something I might do. The problem is, I really dislike leaving anything behind in the vial. You can basically bet on .15ml of dregs being there. Once you're past 10mg/.5ml, what's left is actual product worth using.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Holy shit man, you're completely unhinged! Not long ago I actually had to lower my tirz from 7mg and reta from 6mg, since anything I ate past roughly a deck of cards' worth would come right back up, and that lasted more than a week. Now I'm at 5mg tirz and 5mg reta, purely so I can actually get food in and have it stay there.
I'm wondering about the tirz plus Reta combo. What drove you to try it, and what did your starting approach look like? What makes it better for you than sticking with just 1?
 
Sasquatch said:

There's a crew here on high doses (>15mg). I can't quite keep their names straight in my head.

That said, splitting the dose is something I might do. The problem is, I really dislike leaving anything behind in the vial. You can basically bet on .15ml of dregs being there. Once you're past 10mg/.5ml, what's left is actual product worth using.
Yeah, getting that final tiny amount out is such a pain. It’s probably something you have to figure out over time. I’ll put in a bit of BAC and draw up as much as possible. Then I stash it away for when I really need it.
 
I’d break the dose into parts

CornPop said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Holy shit man, you're completely unhinged! Not long ago I actually had to lower my tirz from 7mg and reta from 6mg, since anything I ate past roughly a deck of cards' worth would come right back up, and that lasted more than a week. Now I'm at 5mg tirz and 5mg reta, purely so I can actually get food in and have it stay there.
I'm wondering about the tirz plus Reta combo. What drove you to try it, and what did your starting approach look like? What makes it better for you than sticking with just 1?
When I was on 7mg of tirz, hunger would hit hard around day 5. I switched to splitting the dose every 5 days, but I was still hungry (I’m a fatass with a messed-up, intense relationship with food). I’d just found gray and bought reta. I wanted to give it a shot. So rather than splitting only tirz, I split both tirz and reta. My appetite vanished, weight loss sped up, like dropping serious weight, with zero hunger. In fact, I haven’t felt real hunger in 4 months.

Every day I have an apple, orange or banana, drink a nurri, and eat a card-sized block of some protein. My diet isn’t the main thing, I don’t track or measure calories, eat like a normal person.

shrug I like how I feel splitting those two, and I have so much of each now, might as well. When I eventually hit goal this summer will probably try to just use reta to maintain.

RN 330sw 234cw 200gw
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

I’d break the dose into parts

CornPop said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Holy shit man, you're completely unhinged! Not long ago I actually had to lower my tirz from 7mg and reta from 6mg, since anything I ate past roughly a deck of cards' worth would come right back up, and that lasted more than a week. Now I'm at 5mg tirz and 5mg reta, purely so I can actually get food in and have it stay there.
I'm wondering about the tirz plus Reta combo. What drove you to try it, and what did your starting approach look like? What makes it better for you than sticking with just 1?
When I was on 7mg of tirz, hunger would hit hard around day 5. I switched to splitting the dose every 5 days, but I was still hungry (I’m a fatass with a messed-up, intense relationship with food). I’d just found gray and bought reta. I wanted to give it a shot. So rather than splitting only tirz, I split both tirz and reta. My appetite vanished, weight loss sped up, like dropping serious weight, with zero hunger. In fact, I haven’t felt real hunger in 4 months.

Every day I have an apple, orange or banana, drink a nurri, and eat a card-sized block of some protein. My diet isn’t the main thing, I don’t track or measure calories, eat like a normal person.

shrug I like how I feel splitting those two, and I have so much of each now, might as well. When I eventually hit goal this summer will probably try to just use reta to maintain.

RN 330sw 234cw 200gw
Seriously, they've put you on probation now?
 
CNCCurrency said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

I’d break the dose into parts

CornPop said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Holy shit man, you're completely unhinged! Not long ago I actually had to lower my tirz from 7mg and reta from 6mg, since anything I ate past roughly a deck of cards' worth would come right back up, and that lasted more than a week. Now I'm at 5mg tirz and 5mg reta, purely so I can actually get food in and have it stay there.
I'm wondering about the tirz plus Reta combo. What drove you to try it, and what did your starting approach look like? What makes it better for you than sticking with just 1?
When I was on 7mg of tirz, hunger would hit hard around day 5. I switched to splitting the dose every 5 days, but I was still hungry (I’m a fatass with a messed-up, intense relationship with food). I’d just found gray and bought reta. I wanted to give it a shot. So rather than splitting only tirz, I split both tirz and reta. My appetite vanished, weight loss sped up, like dropping serious weight, with zero hunger. In fact, I haven’t felt real hunger in 4 months.

Every day I have an apple, orange or banana, drink a nurri, and eat a card-sized block of some protein. My diet isn’t the main thing, I don’t track or measure calories, eat like a normal person.

shrug I like how I feel splitting those two, and I have so much of each now, might as well. When I eventually hit goal this summer will probably try to just use reta to maintain.

RN 330sw 234cw 200gw
Seriously, they've put you on probation now?
@Gr33dyOctopus

Hold on, what? Why would that be? That flag wasn't there earlier, was it?
 
attcbf said:

I haven’t come across any research suggesting a dose above 15mg is advised. Splitting that into 2 doses could be reasonable, but exceeding 15 in total probably doesn’t add much.
Lilly has a 17.5 mg and 20 mg study underway, though results haven't been shared so far.
 
skeptick said:

Sasquatch said:

There's a crew here on high doses (>15mg). I can't quite keep their names straight in my head.

That said, splitting the dose is something I might do. The problem is, I really dislike leaving anything behind in the vial. You can basically bet on .15ml of dregs being there. Once you're past 10mg/.5ml, what's left is actual product worth using.
Yeah, getting that final tiny amount out is such a pain. It’s probably something you have to figure out over time. I’ll put in a bit of BAC and draw up as much as possible. Then I stash it away for when I really need it.
Yep! Making a YouTube about slurping is on my list, but there's other stuff I need to get done. 👍

Don't hang onto that stuff for ages. Labcat convinced me not to. 😇
 
Gwynhwyfar said:

attcbf said:

I haven’t come across any research suggesting a dose above 15mg is advised. Splitting that into 2 doses could be reasonable, but exceeding 15 in total probably doesn’t add much.
Lilly has a 17.5 mg and 20 mg study underway, though results haven't been shared so far.
Right. My wording was sloppy. What I was getting at is that I haven't come across findings from a single study involving doses below 15mg.
 
Gwynhwyfar said:

attcbf said:

I haven’t come across any research suggesting a dose above 15mg is advised. Splitting that into 2 doses could be reasonable, but exceeding 15 in total probably doesn’t add much.
Lilly has a 17.5 mg and 20 mg study underway, though results haven't been shared so far.
I searched extensively for details about the trial they're supposedly running on increased doses, but the only thing I came across was a vague title mentioning something about examining dose variations. If you've got a link to that study, or can tell me where those 17.5/20mg figures came from, please share it.
 
lessthanhalf said:

Gwynhwyfar said:

attcbf said:

I haven’t come across any research suggesting a dose above 15mg is advised. Splitting that into 2 doses could be reasonable, but exceeding 15 in total probably doesn’t add much.
Lilly has a 17.5 mg and 20 mg study underway, though results haven't been shared so far.
I searched extensively for details about the trial they're supposedly running on increased doses, but the only thing I came across was a vague title mentioning something about examining dose variations. If you've got a link to that study, or can tell me where those 17.5/20mg figures came from, please share it.
I think I came across it on Reddit, in the Zepbound group, but I can no longer locate the link and sadly didn't keep it. If I come across it again, I'll share it.
 
Sasquatch said:

I haven't exactly been careful with how much I inject or with overfill. I'm finishing the last injection of month 1, which is labeled 15mg.

(Thanks to overfill, 19.5mg is available.)

Week 1: injected 15mg, followed by an extra dose on day 4 (4.5mg of overfill).

Week 2: injected 15mg, then another extra dose on day 4 (4.5mg once more).

Week 3: split .65ml into 2 portions of about .35ml each, spaced 3 days apart. (19.5mg ÷2)

Week 4: returned to about .45ml. (I'll add a bump if necessary.)

Week 4: for the first time in a year, it stung!

I suspect I nicked a capillary. The whole day I felt kind of floaty. Similar to when I was just starting out.

It's a ride!

Has anyone else gone through something like this?
What was your starting dose? That's a big jump! Did lower doses just not work for you? I began at a low amount and this month I've only lost 3lbs, so I definitely need to increase it!! I'm still just at 1mg
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

I’d break the dose into parts

CornPop said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Holy shit man, you're completely unhinged! Not long ago I actually had to lower my tirz from 7mg and reta from 6mg, since anything I ate past roughly a deck of cards' worth would come right back up, and that lasted more than a week. Now I'm at 5mg tirz and 5mg reta, purely so I can actually get food in and have it stay there.
I'm wondering about the tirz plus Reta combo. What drove you to try it, and what did your starting approach look like? What makes it better for you than sticking with just 1?
When I was on 7mg of tirz, hunger would hit hard around day 5. I switched to splitting the dose every 5 days, but I was still hungry (I’m a fatass with a messed-up, intense relationship with food). I’d just found gray and bought reta. I wanted to give it a shot. So rather than splitting only tirz, I split both tirz and reta. My appetite vanished, weight loss sped up, like dropping serious weight, with zero hunger. In fact, I haven’t felt real hunger in 4 months.

Every day I have an apple, orange or banana, drink a nurri, and eat a card-sized block of some protein. My diet isn’t the main thing, I don’t track or measure calories, eat like a normal person.

shrug I like how I feel splitting those two, and I have so much of each now, might as well. When I eventually hit goal this summer will probably try to just use reta to maintain.

RN 330sw 234cw 200gw
Nice work on dropping the weight! In certain respects, I get the sense I might end up on a similar path. My urge to give Reta a try keeps growing. That said, tirz deserves a proper chance from me, because my response to it has been fairly good. So if things are going well, there's no point. Time will tell. I'll reassess after a couple months.
 
WLBLD said:

Sasquatch said:

I haven't exactly been careful with how much I inject or with overfill. I'm finishing the last injection of month 1, which is labeled 15mg.

(Thanks to overfill, 19.5mg is available.)

Week 1: injected 15mg, followed by an extra dose on day 4 (4.5mg of overfill).

Week 2: injected 15mg, then another extra dose on day 4 (4.5mg once more).

Week 3: split .65ml into 2 portions of about .35ml each, spaced 3 days apart. (19.5mg ÷2)

Week 4: returned to about .45ml. (I'll add a bump if necessary.)

Week 4: for the first time in a year, it stung!

I suspect I nicked a capillary. The whole day I felt kind of floaty. Similar to when I was just starting out.

It's a ride!

Has anyone else gone through something like this?
What was your starting dose? That's a big jump! Did lower doses just not work for you? I began at a low amount and this month I've only lost 3lbs, so I definitely need to increase it!! I'm still just at 1mg
My start was mid Feb. of last year, using 4 Mounjaro pens at 2.5mg each, when I weighed 330lbs.

I followed the EL study and kept increasing. No one told me, "If it's working, level off."

Regardless, it never did level off. It either slowed down or stopped working, so I raised it higher.

As of this morning, I'm at 267lbs. 👍
 
Sasquatch said:

WLBLD said:

Sasquatch said:

I haven't exactly been careful with how much I inject or with overfill. I'm finishing the last injection of month 1, which is labeled 15mg.

(Thanks to overfill, 19.5mg is available.)

Week 1: injected 15mg, followed by an extra dose on day 4 (4.5mg of overfill).

Week 2: injected 15mg, then another extra dose on day 4 (4.5mg once more).

Week 3: split .65ml into 2 portions of about .35ml each, spaced 3 days apart. (19.5mg ÷2)

Week 4: returned to about .45ml. (I'll add a bump if necessary.)

Week 4: for the first time in a year, it stung!

I suspect I nicked a capillary. The whole day I felt kind of floaty. Similar to when I was just starting out.

It's a ride!

Has anyone else gone through something like this?
What was your starting dose? That's a big jump! Did lower doses just not work for you? I began at a low amount and this month I've only lost 3lbs, so I definitely need to increase it!! I'm still just at 1mg
My start was mid Feb. of last year, using 4 Mounjaro pens at 2.5mg each, when I weighed 330lbs.

I followed the EL study and kept increasing. No one told me, "If it's working, level off."

Regardless, it never did level off. It either slowed down or stopped working, so I raised it higher.

As of this morning, I'm at 267lbs. 👍
Wow, that's incredible progress — you've dropped a ton of weight! Great work!! 🙂
 
Back
Top