Ozempic had been a media topic for some time, and for several years Novo Nordisk held the position of Europe's biggest market capitalisation. It was difficult to overlook. After that came discussion of Mounjaro, and a few months back, Retatrutide.
After doing a bit of digging on Reta, I found the subreddits, Pep-pedia, and eventually this forum.
Victoza was prescribed to me, followed by Mounjaro. On paper, Mounjaro is what I take. Because it isn't covered in my situation (diabetes is present, but my BMI falls under the cutoff), my purchases leave no record.
The powder vials are not something anyone can spot readily. Still, I keep a convenient white lie ready.
I've reconnected with some old contacts in the pharmaceutical industry, and I buy directly from the subcontractor's factory.
That holds up completely, since roughly 25 years ago I ran a biotechnology company, and oligonucleotides (PCR primers) were manufactured for us in China.
I'd say it's GL in Shanghái, which is the world's largest peptide manufacturer.
There's a good chance that many of the vials come from there. It's no big deal to get a 50kg bucket out of a monthly production run of one to two metric tons.