Which workout or running shoes do you like best?

New Balance 860's serve as my daily sneaker. I use them both on the treadmill and during certain lifting sessions. For anyone who over pronates, they work well as a stability shoe. When it comes to squats and deadlifts, I put on Adidas Five 10 mountain biking shoes. They offer a solid flat bottom and match my feet nicely.
 
Hoka Bondi 9s have won me over these days, even though I was once a devoted New Balance person...they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever put on.
 
Liber_Pater said:

Slogger said:

Liber_Pater said:

I've got a high arch too, same as Slogger, and I went with the New Balance 880 v15 running shoes. The support is excellent—it honestly feels like I'm running on clouds now, lol.
They're so comfortable that I just want to keep running 🏃‍♀️👟

Edited to add: I mean both the shoes and my NAD injection beforehand!
Right?!🏃

Ha! NAD is something I've never used, though I've read up on it. So running it has worked well for you? If it's okay to ask—what dose do you take, how often, and so on? And do you stack anything alongside it to boost NAC absorption, like glycine?
About 30 minutes before a run, I pin 100mg, and it provides a mild energy lift. My routine is roughly an hour of running, followed by weights. If I skip it, I can tell the difference. I've been pinning it for at least 6 months and plan to keep it around permanently. All in all, I'm a big fan!

Edit to add: usually I only pin on days when I run or work out
 
Texan509 said:

Which shoes do you prefer for the gym or for running?

I'm working on making it a habit to keep my workout shoes separate from the ones I wear every day.
Over the past 2 years, I've stuck with zero drop, wide toe box shoes with elastic laces for all my footwear needs—street, formal, and gym. They match foot anatomy. Nothing else comes close in comfort, and slipping them on or off takes just seconds. You won't find them from big names or typical shoe shops, but Amazon carries tons of unknown brands.
 
Thanks all, seems like I'm in need of footwear for daily wear, walking/running, and the gym.

I had no idea flat shoes were the better choice for gym use.
 
For running, in my opinion, the Nike Air Zoom Alphafly Next% is simply the best option, depending on distance and other factors; if not, then the Kayano Asics.
 
Mizuno Wave Precision... which is no longer made. 😭

Which shoe suits you really hinges on what you're doing with it. Are you built for distance or for speed? Do you mostly lift heavy, or train calisthenics? Is support something you need? What about cushioning? Speed and weight? Or flexibility? Those answers will point you toward specific models within each brand.

Personally, I lean toward minimal, flexible footwear. The lightest option, zero stack, maximum ground feel—that's what I want. Shock me. Break my bones! That said, the bounce in the Hoka Bondis—which I dislike and never put on—is somewhat entertaining; if plyo in the gym were my daily routine, I'd be all for them, but as running shoes I really don't like them. Different activities = different shoes.
 
Right now the Nike Vomero Plus is my go-to running shoe. They give me a bouncy feeling.

When it comes to lifting, I go with the No Bull Outwork. Solid shoe, and I get the sense they'll hold up for a long time.
 
My neighborhood FleetFeet talked me into Hokas. They made a difference for my plantar fasciitis.

After I dropped enough weight that I needed a shoe a full size smaller (no joke!), I moved on to the Hoka Bondi 9. This shoe is great for walking and for being on my feet all day at work.

One problem: it doesn't work with the heel cups on my Concept II rower. The heels are too large for the heel cups on the flexfoot/floorboard. I had to hold onto my old New Balance pair just for that.
 
Walking, rather than running or gym work, was what I used to improve my fitness, and it paid off.

At 115kgs, my feet hurt so badly when I first tried walking that even 5 minutes at a time was striking. I looked into a lot of shoes and insoles, and what I finally settled on was wide fitting merrell moab hiking boots paired with gel insoles, for walking along uneven gravel tracks in the bush, and they made a big difference. As I continued to drop weight, though, there came a point where my feet no longer hurt regardless of what I put on, so the whole thing felt somewhat pointless after that. Even so, they are comfortable, durable boots that will not slip on rocks, dirt, gravel or mud tracks, and they will likely hold up for years.
 
Had my foot scanned, and my go-to is typically Brooks Ghost Max paired with custom orthotic inserts.
 
For whatever reason, Reebok is the sole brand that works with my feet. And I take them half a size (EU size) down compared to what I wear in other shoes.

At the gym I wear Under Armour TriBase Reign 6, though walking or running in them isn't possible. They're too flat.
 
Skechers cross trainers are what I go with. Being over 200lbs, I need something on the heavier side with a sole that's thick and lasts, and these fit the bill at 79.99.... once a few weeks pass, a light or running-style shoe feels like nothing's on my feet, and my knees and back really suffer. I know there's probably better out there, but shelling out 150 isn't happening when I'm replacing them every 3 months.
 
Airborne Daddy said:

Skechers cross trainers are what I go with. Being over 200lbs, I need something on the heavier side with a sole that's thick and lasts, and these fit the bill at 79.99.... once a few weeks pass, a light or running-style shoe feels like nothing's on my feet, and my knees and back really suffer. I know there's probably better out there, but shelling out 150 isn't happening when I'm replacing them every 3 months.
That sounds good — I'll take a look at them while I'm at Skechers later today. That's where I normally buy my shoes anyway.
 
Back
Top