Which workout or running shoes do you like best?

Texan509

Explorer
Joined
May 16, 2026
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Location
Spokane
Which shoes do you prefer for the gym or for running?

I'm working on making it a habit to keep my workout shoes separate from the ones I wear every day.
 
OnCloud makes some really solid footwear! Right now I’m wearing the OnCloud cloudswift amp and I’m enjoying them quite a bit.
 
The shoes for these two activities likely aren't the same. Something with a flatter profile, such as Nike Metcon, is what you'd want for the gym. Running in those would be terrible, but for gym work (especially exercises like squats or deadlifts) they provide the right platform. As for running shoe recommendations, I'll leave those to the masochists that like to run.
 
I visited a running shoe shop that evaluates your walking and running gait, then suggests a handful of models that should fit what you need, letting you test them on a treadmill. I walked out with Brooks Adrenaline.

Broadly speaking, Brooks and Hoka are solid choices.
 
For different activities I wear different shoes, and when it comes to deadlifts I go barefoot (no judgment).
 
Soucony Excursion TR11, 12, 13s are what I've stuck with (basically whichever version Amazon has discounted...I add SuperFeet Blue inserts and that's all I need...The inserts end up costing more than the shoes themselves... 👍
 
My arch is really high, so cushioning and support are must-haves for me. New Balance 880 v15 have been my running shoes and they feel fantastic. Last week I slipped up and kept them on for pickleball—never making that mistake twice. That’s why the right shoe comes down to the activity you’ll be doing.
 
miameow said:

For different activities I wear different shoes, and when it comes to deadlifts I go barefoot (no judgment).
Are you really going to walk around the floor with no shoes on?
 
Texan509 said:

miameow said:

For different activities I wear different shoes, and when it comes to deadlifts I go barefoot (no judgment).
Are you really going to walk around the floor with no shoes on?
What reason is there to keep my gorgeous feet away from everyone?
 
After going deep into the running shoe rabbit hole—I'm a perfectionist about this stuff—Altras come out on top over anything else I've put on my feet. Their gym shoe is one I like too.

The whole point of Altra's design is matching the natural shape of your foot. I'd give them a 10 out of 10. It's been more than 6 years of wearing their shoes for me now.
 
I've got a high arch too, same as Slogger, and I went with the New Balance 880 v15 running shoes. The support is excellent—it honestly feels like I'm running on clouds now, lol.
 
Liber_Pater said:

I've got a high arch too, same as Slogger, and I went with the New Balance 880 v15 running shoes. The support is excellent—it honestly feels like I'm running on clouds now, lol.
They're so comfortable that I just want to keep running 🏃‍♀️👟

Edited to add: I mean both the shoes and my NAD injection beforehand!
 
Slogger said:

Liber_Pater said:

I've got a high arch too, same as Slogger, and I went with the New Balance 880 v15 running shoes. The support is excellent—it honestly feels like I'm running on clouds now, lol.
They're so comfortable that I just want to keep running 🏃‍♀️👟

Edited to add: I mean both the shoes and my NAD injection beforehand!
Right?!🏃

Ha! NAD is something I've never used, though I've read up on it. So running it has worked well for you? If it's okay to ask—what dose do you take, how often, and so on? And do you stack anything alongside it to boost NAC absorption, like glycine?
 
For lifting sessions, I use flat mountain bike shoes — Fox Racing Union Flat Mid. Their soles are completely flat and just stiff enough to keep me stable under the bar. The mid-cut design gives my ankles some extra support as well. Plus, they serve their original purpose too, since I ride MTB in them.

As for running, I have no pick. Running just isn't something I like.
 
maokai said:

I visited a running shoe shop that evaluates your walking and running gait, then suggests a handful of models that should fit what you need, letting you test them on a treadmill. I walked out with Brooks Adrenaline.

Broadly speaking, Brooks and Hoka are solid choices.

Brooks Adrenaline is my go-to, absolutely love them. They aren't inexpensive, but when you overpronate, getting the correct shoe makes a huge difference.

A running store suggested these to me because of the support they offer.

ASICS Gel Kayano is another excellent option.
 
Back
Top