Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
That is genuinely amazing!!!Flash-BCR said:
Years back, I was all about hiking — it was my thing, and it worked for me. The back trouble I've mentioned around here has shifted from merely annoying to 'I need to see a spine surgeon this week.' On Tuesday I got an MRI, and even my ChatGPT doctor reckoned the findings weren't good...
I'd always figured that at some point, someone or something would inform me hiking was off the table... That thought was right up front when I picked up a pile of ultralight backpacking gear, took a flight to Georgia, and launched myself onto the Appalachian trail a few years ago. Over 2 1/2 months I covered just over a thousand miles, and I got off in Maryland right before turning 60.....It...Was...Glorious!
My advice: never stop moving!....keep pushing and keep your body fit!...I'm not quitting, and sure, there might be more hiking ahead for me, but meh, I'm satisfied with my adventures and have plenty of accomplishments to look back on......and I'm nowhere near dead and will find a new fitness outlet...I hear swimming is low impact...![]()
Flash-BCR said:
Years back, I was all about hiking — it was my thing, and it worked for me. The back trouble I've mentioned around here has shifted from merely annoying to 'I need to see a spine surgeon this week.' On Tuesday I got an MRI, and even my ChatGPT doctor reckoned the findings weren't good...
I'd always figured that at some point, someone or something would inform me hiking was off the table... That thought was right up front when I picked up a pile of ultralight backpacking gear, took a flight to Georgia, and launched myself onto the Appalachian trail a few years ago. Over 2 1/2 months I covered just over a thousand miles, and I got off in Maryland right before turning 60.....It...Was...Glorious!
My advice: never stop moving!....keep pushing and keep your body fit!...I'm not quitting, and sure, there might be more hiking ahead for me, but meh, I'm satisfied with my adventures and have plenty of accomplishments to look back on......and I'm nowhere near dead and will find a new fitness outlet...I hear swimming is low impact...![]()