unclebuff702 said:
Troposphere said:
flapjacks said:
Troposphere said:
Gemini is my pick. The reason I enjoy it: I can put in a dish I made myself, and it works out the macros based on how much of it I actually consume.
Gemini, as in the AI?
yep. There’s a chat inside the app that I named "macro tracking". Besides letting me save recipes so they stick around for next time, I can also scan a barcode with my camera to log food and so on. Much simpler than every purpose-built tracker I’ve tried.
Gemini is in my rotation too. I go full nerd mode: every week I feed it my body scan results (BIA), plus monthly blood panels (probably switching to every 8 weeks before long), and on a weekly basis I have it build out an HTML file — one I had it set up back when I first got going — that gives me a full dashboard view of weekly and monthly trends covering macros, weight & muscle, blood work, and more. From that dashboard I can tap any given day and pull up a snapshot of precisely what I ate, with timestamps (I usually log in real time as I eat), which suppliments/peps/others I took that day, and a visual of how I felt that day (emojis Gemini picked out based on how I described my mood).
When people ask whether privacy worries me, lmfao, what privacy?! Google has seen some very questionable photos of me (thanks, locked folder) and everyone from here to China has my data anyways. If it ever leaked it has no identity tied to it, just some random guys protocols and weird depictions of I how I felt
Keeps me engaged, entertained, and enlightened.