Which supplements go well with Retatrutide?

ayou1316

Explorer
Joined
Jul 7, 2026
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Which supplements do you combine with Reta, and which ones actually seemed to make a difference for you? Honestly, it feels like I'm stocking a whole pharmacy now.

Here's what I'm on:

omega 3s

d3-k2

Essential amino acids

NMNs

creatine together with my protein shakes

magnesium glycinate and ashwagandha taken before bed

Psyllium Husk

multi vitamin

and whenever possible, I'll have an electrolyte packet.
 
I've been dealing with significant hair shedding while on reta. Are there hair supplements that work well alongside it?
 
Every day I take creatine, zinc, NAC, EAAs, electrolytes, curcumin, CoQ10, naringin, vitamin D3, omega fish oil, multivitamins, biotin, magnesium glycinate, pre-workout, and vitamin C.

A protein shake with 2 scoops.

That’s all I can think of at the moment.
 
noria18 said:

I've been dealing with significant hair shedding while on reta. Are there hair supplements that work well alongside it?
For me, it's not the case in the slightest. Genetics play a bigger role in that. Or maybe it's from depriving your body of nutrients.
 
ayou1316 said:

Which supplements do you combine with Reta, and which ones actually seemed to make a difference for you? Honestly, it feels like I'm stocking a whole pharmacy now.

Here's what I'm on:

omega 3s

d3-k2

Essential amino acids

NMNs

creatine together with my protein shakes

magnesium glycinate and ashwagandha taken before bed

Psyllium Husk

multi vitamin

and whenever possible, I'll have an electrolyte packet.
Take a step back and evaluate every one of those supplements one by one — do you truly need each? If you'd say yes to every single one, then sure, keep that pharmacy running 24/7. Having 101 supplements in your routine now beats having 101 prescriptions down the road.

Looking at what you listed, each item has solid research behind it and is fine for daily use. That's just what wellness or preventive care actually looks like. It doesn't need to be as holistic as social media wants us to believe. As long as you're not overdoing the dosages I see nothing wrong 👍
 
Hit a plateau while using reta - from what I've read - people say that omega, zinc & berberine help keep the receptors open - so I'm on those.
 
I’m female, and before starting Reta I’d never experienced any issues with losing hair. Reta is clearly the cause. On top of that, protein may also be beneficial, and biotin is a supplement meant for hair.

frizzle-fry said:

I use TUDCA to keep my liver and gallbladder in top shape, along with a methylated multivitamin, SAMe, TMG and NAC
 
Rickcaps said:


I got intrigued with the red light laser caps, do they work?

Click to expand...
I own one of those and I use it 3 times per week. I haven't really seen much in the way of new hair growth, but it has pretty much put a stop to any hair loss. For example, after washing my hair I might see 5 or 6 hairs in my brush rather than the 50 or so that used to come out.
 
noria18 said:

I've been dealing with significant hair shedding while on reta. Are there hair supplements that work well alongside it?
It varies from one individual to another; personally, I take nothing.
 
Every day I go through 2 packs of gruns. Previously I had a whole stack of other pills going. Since sticking to just the gruns, I feel an improvement.
 
At different points in my life, I've spent stretches downing large amounts of supplements. These days my approach is much more minimal: I put the emphasis on real, quality food, and the only things I add on top are:

When I get up, electrolytes in water (I've gone through a few options and like one that has just 500mg sodium; the LMNT-style drinks with 1,000mg were not for me). Before I lift or do cardio, a pre-workout blend. Around the middle of the day, I've been experimenting with the Perfect Aminos drink mix. And before sleep, a supplement containing zinc, magnesium, and a few other ingredients.
 
noria18 said:

I've been dealing with significant hair shedding while on reta. Are there hair supplements that work well alongside it?
Speaking only from personal experience, being an older guy, I've seen increased hair shedding during the past year, which lines up with when I started reta. I'm also using a DHT blocker, and my diet and protein intake are dialed in. That said, I'm not aware of any research linking reta as the culprit. My hope is that it's simply my system reacting to quicker weight loss, and that things will level out once I get closer to my goal weight.
 
The purpose of supplements is to fill the gaps in what your diet and lifestyle aren't providing. Take omega-3: if fish is a regular part of your meals, there's no need for it. Likewise, if you spend enough time in the sun, vitamin D supplementation isn't necessary.

My diet consists entirely of meat—no fruits or vegetables at all. The supplements I use are milk thistle, TUDCA, magnesium, and olive oil. I've never felt better.
 
Silver said:

Every day I go through 2 packs of gruns. Previously I had a whole stack of other pills going. Since sticking to just the gruns, I feel an improvement.
What exactly is meant by gruns?
 
Reta caused cramping for me. Before this, I almost never got cramps in any muscle. Now, though, it begins in my thumbs, which is really strange. For me, electrolytes are essential and they do help. I take Nutricost fruit punch electrolytes daily, and they work reasonably well. Still, getting full relief for several days means taking a lot of potassium pills.

My guess is that this comes from Reta's diuretic action.
 
Back
Top