DC_143C said:
Shittersfull said:
The purpose of supplements is to fill the gaps in what your diet and lifestyle aren't providing. Take omega-3: if fish is a regular part of your meals, there's no need for it. Likewise, if you spend enough time in the sun, vitamin D supplementation isn't necessary.
My diet consists entirely of meat—no fruits or vegetables at all. The supplements I use are milk thistle, TUDCA, magnesium, and olive oil. I've never felt better.
Honestly, your location plays a big role — in some places, you simply won't get enough sun exposure to reach healthy vitamin D levels. The Pacific Northwest area of North America is a prime example, especially during fall and winter: the sun's angle plus heavy, persistent cloud cover means the UVB needed for vitamin D synthesis through skin and eyes just isn't there in sufficient amounts.
Every day I use a men's 50+ multivitamin (I'm nowhere near that age, but enclomiphene makes me want added endocrine-supporting vitamins and minerals), vitamin D at 10k i.u. during fall/winter and 4k i.u. in spring/summer, omega-3, CoQ10, and OptiNAD+ (which probably isn't doing much — I'll likely swap it for actual subQ NAD+ down the road).
For sleep or stress, I keep Magnesium Citrate/Threonate, L-Theanine, and Liposomal Apigenin available and take them when needed. Now and then I'll do a pre/probiotic run for a stretch, or go through phases where I eat fermented foods regularly — that seems to really help keep gut health steady. Since I began this approach, I've never had gut problems while on first Tirz and now Reta.
I've tried dozens of supplements over the years and fallen down countless nutritional biology rabbit holes (shoutout 'examine' iykyk), yet my current stack is straightforward, works well, and is easy to stick with — no pill fatigue.
edit nearly left out Creatine, 5g twice a day. Honestly, that stuff is a life-saver.