Which Pin Do You Prefer?

Beansnapper

Explorer
Joined
Jun 21, 2026
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Location
Waterloo Michigan
I just placed an order for EasyTouch Insulin Syringes, 31 Gauge, .5cc, 5/16". With all the different brands and sizes out there, I was curious whether any particular one is superior to the rest.
 
Beansnapper said:

I just placed an order for EasyTouch Insulin Syringes, 31 Gauge, .5cc, 5/16". With all the different brands and sizes out there, I was curious whether any particular one is superior to the rest.
BD comes up frequently as a solid option.

As for me, I've gone through 100's of Easy Touch — they're simple, inexpensive, and do exactly what they need to.
 
Herkimer P Shagnasty said:

Occasionally, I'll swing by Walmart and grab them there. $12/ 100 pcs
it seems you've moved past the scarlet letter today 🙂

Nice work, Grasshopper
 
Needles that are smaller cause less pain. The smallest option is roughly 31 gauge. If you go with a larger needle, drawing up is simpler and you won't get as many bubbles. With .3cc and .5cc, it's tougher to get air bubbles to rise to the top. On the other hand, measuring tiny doses accurately is easier. So it comes down to what you prefer. Most of the time I reach for .3cc 31 gauge, though a .5cc 31 gauge handles everything a .3cc can.

For Nad+, my dose is 50-100 units, so I go with 1cc and 29 gauge needles. Pulling that volume through a 31 gauge takes more effort and time. I always buy easy touch; whether other brands are better or worse, I couldn't say?
 
For me it's easy touch — they don't cost much and I'm pinning 3-5x/day. Sure comfort are the opposite of comfortable, go blunt fast, and are simply awful.
 
mrfat said:

For me it's easy touch — they don't cost much and I'm pinning 3-5x/day. Sure comfort are the opposite of comfortable, go blunt fast, and are simply awful.

I recently picked up some Sure Comfort (31g 6mm) off Amazon, and up to this point they've worked okay for me.

Maybe I'll give the EasyTouch version a shot down the line, just to find out whether the gap between them is actually that big.
 
Appreciate everyone's replies. My pin usage is high, and Easy Touch runs me $18 for 100, while I recently spotted a different brand at $10 per 100 — are they all pretty much equal in quality? A bit of old BB honesty: years ago, without a prescription I couldn't obtain pins, so I picked up veterinarian pins, and those weren't nearly as comfortable as the ones I use now.
 
Beansnapper said:

I just placed an order for EasyTouch Insulin Syringes, 31 Gauge, .5cc, 5/16". With all the different brands and sizes out there, I was curious whether any particular one is superior to the rest.
I also use these for peps and they work really well.
 
Researcher.Rigby said:

The Gluco-Care pens are 32g by 8mm
I still haven't switched over to pens — keeping it simple works better for me. That said, the appeal of a brand-new needle that hasn't gone through a rubber stopper is real.
 
Back
Top