Which peptides work best for a knee injury?

Omxxl said:

AgingRegenDamaged said:

Omxxl said:

A BPC157 5mg kit and a TB500 kit are already on order for me; as far as I can tell from what I've read, the TB500 product is really TB4, because genuine TB500 is nearly impossible to find.

Updates will follow as things progress. My plan is to begin at 250 micrograms of each per day on day 1, then work upward until I reach 1 mg of each daily. The BPC will go into the knee itself, 2 injections per day, while the TB will be given subcutaneously.
Has anything come of it yet?
The pain in that specific area got much better, though the improvement only came once I had the shot directly into my knee — before that, there was no change.

My digestion has improved too. That said, because this involves cartilage and bone, recovery is slower than it would be for a muscle injury. Even with that, I'm pleased with the results so far.

At this point, four weeks in, I plan to take a break of two to three weeks, after which I'll resume for another four to six weeks and see what happens.
Roughly 2 years back, my right knee—where cartilage was almost gone—received intra-articular shots combining HGH and PRP.

Following injection number 2, I was pain-free for the first time in years, and by the time I finished all 10, the sensation was identical, which makes sense since the majority of the cartilage had regenerated.

The physician who performed this has retired since, but another one should be findable.
 
Omxxl said:

AgingRegenDamaged said:

Omxxl said:

A BPC157 5mg kit and a TB500 kit are already on order for me; as far as I can tell from what I've read, the TB500 product is really TB4, because genuine TB500 is nearly impossible to find.

Updates will follow as things progress. My plan is to begin at 250 micrograms of each per day on day 1, then work upward until I reach 1 mg of each daily. The BPC will go into the knee itself, 2 injections per day, while the TB will be given subcutaneously.
Has anything come of it yet?
The pain in that specific area got much better, though the improvement only came once I had the shot directly into my knee — before that, there was no change.

My digestion has improved too. That said, because this involves cartilage and bone, recovery is slower than it would be for a muscle injury. Even with that, I'm pleased with the results so far.

At this point, four weeks in, I plan to take a break of two to three weeks, after which I'll resume for another four to six weeks and see what happens.

A while back, someone widely regarded as one of the top tendon repair specialists shared his take on BPC-157. According to him, a lab assistant of his tested that peptide in vitro, and no effects turned up. Those results never made it into print.

His theory was that the positive anecdotes people report come down to localized needling, which is already known to encourage tendon healing, instead of anything BPC-157 itself does.

For anyone genuinely dealing with tendinopathy, the Baar protocol is worth checking out. In my view, his guidance on tendon health is the best available. TLDR: quit high force sports and focus on slow isometrics 2x a day.
 
When you get right down to it, BPC is meant for the digestive system. Expecting it to help tendons never struck me as very plausible:

Gemini said:


Expecting a peptide evolved for mucosal lining defense to serve as a universal structural patch for dense, low-vascularity collagen fibers under mechanical load is an enormous jump in physiological logic—one driven far more by internet forum hype than by robust clinical evidence.

While BPC-157 is a hyper-localized protective peptide, GLP-1 agonists operate as systemic physiological controllers that dial down inflammatory signaling across almost every organ system in the body.

GH/Tesamorelin speeds up the rate at which your body produces tendon collagen. However, a larger pool of collagen is useless without the mechanical load (isometrics) required to weave that collagen into a functional, pain-free tendon.

Click to expand...

That said, on the upside, good gut health ties into better overall health and reduced inflammation.
 
Both of my wrists have been bothering me with lingering issues, and over the last 3 weeks since I began a KLOW, they've improved noticeably. It might just be placebo, but that's irrelevant to me because the improvement is happening.
 
Back
Top