Which peptides work best for a knee injury?

Omxxl said:

My order came through without any issues. TB4 5mg in 1ml and BPC157 5mg in 1ml are what I got. Into one syringe I drew 0.250mg of each and shot it in near my knee, right by the bone, and there was a fair amount of bleeding. About four finger-widths above the knee, in the upper region, I did the injection again, and that went much better.

There's a bit of a sting from the injection, but other than that all is well.

Twice daily is my plan, until I hit 1mg of each per day.
Was it not supplied as a powder?
 
Smiter said:

henzvwry said:

Kirbyzx6 said:

henzvwry said:

Smiter said:

BPC-157, TB-500, GHK-Cu, Cartalax. Avoid blends. BPPC should be injected close to the injured area, while TB-500 is used systemically. For my torn rotator cuff and biceps tendinosis, I take BPC and TB. In addition, I take 30 grams of collagen peptides every day alongside hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, and glucosamine and chondroitin.
Has Cartalax been something you've used yourself? It catches my attention, though my current stack is already pretty overwhelming for me, so I'm unsure whether it's necessary. Right now I'm on ghk cu, but I'm moving over to KLOW for joint pain relief.
Do a cartalax cycle lasting 20 days, dosing 2 mg each day. In addition, I'd use your kpv on its own to assist with inflammation.
Thanks! I could barely find anything about how to dose Cartalax, so this really helps.
From my perspective, everything hinges on whether we're able to train. That makes all the difference. When we can tap into the mechanisms and pathways that resistance training opens up, the peptides we ought to pick will be different.
I do weight training 5 times per week! That said, over the last few months I've dealt with a fairly severe flareup—during some weeks I made it to the gym just 1 time. That's what got me looking into peptides beyond glp1s.
 
henzvwry said:

Smiter said:

henzvwry said:

Kirbyzx6 said:

henzvwry said:

Smiter said:

BPC-157, TB-500, GHK-Cu, Cartalax. Avoid blends. BPPC should be injected close to the injured area, while TB-500 is used systemically. For my torn rotator cuff and biceps tendinosis, I take BPC and TB. In addition, I take 30 grams of collagen peptides every day alongside hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, and glucosamine and chondroitin.
Has Cartalax been something you've used yourself? It catches my attention, though my current stack is already pretty overwhelming for me, so I'm unsure whether it's necessary. Right now I'm on ghk cu, but I'm moving over to KLOW for joint pain relief.
Do a cartalax cycle lasting 20 days, dosing 2 mg each day. In addition, I'd use your kpv on its own to assist with inflammation.
Thanks! I could barely find anything about how to dose Cartalax, so this really helps.
From my perspective, everything hinges on whether we're able to train. That makes all the difference. When we can tap into the mechanisms and pathways that resistance training opens up, the peptides we ought to pick will be different.
I do weight training 5 times per week! That said, over the last few months I've dealt with a fairly severe flareup—during some weeks I made it to the gym just 1 time. That's what got me looking into peptides beyond glp1s.
Could you describe the specific injury you have?
 
Smiter said:

Omxxl said:

My order came through without any issues. TB4 5mg in 1ml and BPC157 5mg in 1ml are what I got. Into one syringe I drew 0.250mg of each and shot it in near my knee, right by the bone, and there was a fair amount of bleeding. About four finger-widths above the knee, in the upper region, I did the injection again, and that went much better.

There's a bit of a sting from the injection, but other than that all is well.

Twice daily is my plan, until I hit 1mg of each per day.
Was it not supplied as a powder?
I should have been clearer — my mistake. Each kit contains 10 vials, 5 mg per vial, and I mixed each vial with 1 ml of reconstitution solution.
 
Kirbyzx6 said:

General Dosage Protocols

What you take tends to hinge on whether you're chasing long-term upkeep or bouncing back from a sudden injury.

• Standard Therapeutic Dose: Commonly listed as 300 mcg up to 1 mg each day, given as a subcutaneous injection.

• Acute/Loading Phase: Certain regimens go with a bigger amount, 2 mg to 5 mg, pinned two to three times weekly across the opening several weeks.

• Maintenance Phase: Once the early healing stretch is done, people frequently step down to a upkeep amount of 1 mg to 2 mg weekly.

Cycle Length

• Duration: A standard run generally spans 4 to 8 weeks.

• Cycling: The majority of protocols call for a "rest period" once 3 months of use is finished (e.g., 3 months on, 1 month off) so desensitization or possible long-term side effects don't set in.
Does Cartalax follow a standard dosing schedule? Today was my first day using it because my knee has been causing issues. PT also began for me today. My plan was 1mg every day for 30 days, then a break, followed by another cycle.

About the Acute/Loading Phase, I wanted to check: is it 2mg to 5mg given two to three times weekly, with 300mcg to 1mg on the remaining days? My understanding is no — I think only the larger doses are used two to three times a week, and no injection is taken on the other days. Still, I dislike guessing, so I figured I would ask to be sure.

Also, sorry, another question about maintenance. When people usually taper down to 1mg to 2mg weekly for maintenance, is there any research — whether personal or scientific — showing how long a mixed vial stays usable in the refrigerator? At those maintenance amounts, one bottle could stretch 10-20 weeks.
 
Both of my knees have undergone meniscus repair. The right one was fixed 20 year back and now gives me no real trouble. The left was fixed 3 years back. According to my doctor, that knee has significant arthritis. Even after the surgery healed, my left knee still hurts a fair amount. It's bad enough that running is off the table, and gym leg day (squats, straight leg dead lift, lunges) leaves my left knee quite sore. Walking beyond a couple of miles in a day also brings on soreness.

My orthopedic doc has injected hyaluronic acid straight into the knee. A little help, but not sufficient. I've also had 3 cortisone shots in that knee. With each one, the relief lasted a shorter stretch. The most recent gave me only 2 weeks of relief.

So a week ago I began daily KLOW injections (in my belly, not into the knee itself). It may be too soon to say for certain, but I believe it's making a difference. My knee feels better than at any point since the last cortisone shot. This week I even got through my leg workout without a problem. As I said, a proper assessment is still premature, but so far I'm very encouraged.

I'm also planning to begin PRP injections (done by my orthopedic doctor) into the left knee. Based on what I've read, KLOW may support soft tissue healing and lower inflammation (which appears to be happening). Cartilage regeneration or improvement, however, is beyond what it can do. PRP might offer some help on that front.

So for now my plan is: daily KLOW injections plus occasional PRP injections directly into the knee joint. Should this fail to help, I'm more or less out of options and will have to think about knee replacement. Fingers crossed!

(Also, I take Reta. Plus Osteobiflex every day, which I've done for the past 3 years.)
 
Targhee said:

Both of my knees have undergone meniscus repair. The right one was fixed 20 year back and now gives me no real trouble. The left was fixed 3 years back. According to my doctor, that knee has significant arthritis. Even after the surgery healed, my left knee still hurts a fair amount. It's bad enough that running is off the table, and gym leg day (squats, straight leg dead lift, lunges) leaves my left knee quite sore. Walking beyond a couple of miles in a day also brings on soreness.

My orthopedic doc has injected hyaluronic acid straight into the knee. A little help, but not sufficient. I've also had 3 cortisone shots in that knee. With each one, the relief lasted a shorter stretch. The most recent gave me only 2 weeks of relief.

So a week ago I began daily KLOW injections (in my belly, not into the knee itself). It may be too soon to say for certain, but I believe it's making a difference. My knee feels better than at any point since the last cortisone shot. This week I even got through my leg workout without a problem. As I said, a proper assessment is still premature, but so far I'm very encouraged.

I'm also planning to begin PRP injections (done by my orthopedic doctor) into the left knee. Based on what I've read, KLOW may support soft tissue healing and lower inflammation (which appears to be happening). Cartilage regeneration or improvement, however, is beyond what it can do. PRP might offer some help on that front.

So for now my plan is: daily KLOW injections plus occasional PRP injections directly into the knee joint. Should this fail to help, I'm more or less out of options and will have to think about knee replacement. Fingers crossed!

(Also, I take Reta. Plus Osteobiflex every day, which I've done for the past 3 years.)
This isn't meant as guidance for your particular situation—I'm only sharing a related experience. On my left arm, I have a torn rotator cuff along with biceps tendinosis. In the US last year, I saw a local ortho and received a cortisone injection. Prior to administering it, he told me it would hurt the results of any surgical treatment, since cortisone makes the joint weaker. I went ahead with the shot, hoping it would ease the pain. I had already arranged to receive stem-cell and PRP treatment from India. After that was done, I began systemic Bpc and TB-500 treatment. At present, I've restarted BPC and TB-500, though this time BPC was used locally and TB systemically. My joint has improved a lot, with ninety percent range of motion back. The biceps tendinosis pain remains my main worry. Right now I'm running a stack of BPC, TB-500 and IGF-1 DES locally. As for you, I can't say whether systemic BPC use would help. And then there's Cartalax—have you come across it? PEG-MGF is another one.
 
Have you been sticking with a targeted physical therapy routine? I'm dealing with a similar knee situation, and maintaining a consistent PT schedule is tough since I end up sore every time. It's like gaining one step and then losing two. I've been thinking about trying BPC
 
Omxxl said:

Both of my knees have been operated on because of meniscus and cruciate ligament tears, and on top of that I have joint degeneration from cartilage wear. A treatment was suggested to me in which blood is taken and then something like Matrix cells, or something along those lines, is injected. Peptides such as BPC and TB500 also came up in that conversation. Has anyone here given this a try, and did it actually help with cartilage wear of this kind?

I'd really value hearing what you all think and what you've been through, friends.
Chronic back pain has been part of my life for more than 20 years, and it brings on sciatica while sending pain down into my right hip, knee, and glutes. For 5 weeks now I've been using BPC/tb, and I'd say it's healed 80-90%. The other day I did a squat session at the gym, and for the first time in over 2 decades I felt no pain anywhere in my body. Inflammation has never been lower. I'm running around on a baseball field like I'm 20 again! I spent 5k+ on therapy and similar treatments, and none of it came close to what this peptide has done!
 
Day 4 for me, and I can tell you with 100% certainty the pain has dropped a lot. Leg training is still off the table for now, but my walking has already improved noticeably.

Four days and nothing else changed — it's still hard for me to wrap my head around.

Since I've been lurking this sub for a while, I figured I'd give back by laying out the protocol I'm about to run. Background first: left knee, ACL reconstruction plus partial medial meniscectomy, a little over a year ago. The recovery was largely uneventful, but medial knee pain has stuck around — worse on the tibial side, just under the joint line. It reads as periarticular rather than intra-articular to me, which puts it in classic pes anserine territory, or maybe there's some subchondral component left over from the meniscectomy. MRI is done, I'm waiting on the radiologist's read, but I'd rather have the protocol locked and loaded so I can start as soon as I know what I'm dealing with.

I chose BPC-157 and TB-4 — the native peptide, not TB-500. I wanted the actual molecule instead of the synthetic fragment. Both came from a supplier that does third-party HPLC testing, which I believe deserves more weight than most people give it. A lot of the contradictory reports floating around this space are likely just differences in product quality.

Dosing: 500 mcg of each, twice a day. That puts me at 1 mg/day total for BPC-157 and 1 mg/day total for TB-4. I'm aware this sits toward the high end of typical use, particularly for TB-4, since most protocols call for weekly loading in the 2-5 mg range. My reason for splitting into twice-daily shots is BPC's short subcutaneous half-life — I'd rather have steadier exposure at the site than a spike-and-crash from 1 daily injection. For a tendinopathy that's been grumbling for over a year, sustained signaling makes more sense to me than pulses.

Injection plan: subQ, as close to the target as I can manage, rotating sites along the medial knee near the pes anserinus insertion — roughly a few finger-widths below the joint line on the anteromedial tibia. TB-4 may get a mix of local and abdominal shots, since it behaves more systemically; the literature points to it traveling and acting more broadly than BPC. BPC stays strictly local for me, because its tendon-related value seems to come from local angiogenic and fibroblast activity.

Reconstitution: a 5 mg vial plus 2.5 ml bacteriostatic water yields 2 mg/ml, so each 500 mcg dose is 25 units on an insulin syringe. Clean numbers, simple dosing. Reconstituted vials go in the fridge, and I plan to finish each within 3-4 weeks of mixing to be cautious.

Cycle: 6 weeks minimum, maybe 8 depending on response. Tendon and cartilage turnover is slow, so I'm not expecting much in the first two weeks. Once the active phase ends, I'll take 4-6 weeks fully off and watch whether the clinical improvement sticks. If it does, that points to real structural change; if symptoms return, the peptides were only modulating inflammation and not touching the mechanical root cause — which would tell me to dig into biomechanics and load management rather than add more compounds.

A few confounders I'm tracking honestly, because I want to know what's actually doing the work. 1: I'm already on TRT and a GLP-1 (retatrutide), so perfect attribution won't be possible — but I'm not adding or changing anything else during the cycle, so the peptides are the only new variable. 2: I recently had an episode of elevated resting heart rate plus a transient visual aura that's still under investigation, so I'll be watching cardiovascular signals closely during the cycle. TB-4 in particular has theoretical systemic angiogenic effects, and I want to be honest with myself if something feels off instead of pushing through.

Rehab is non-negotiable for me no matter what the peptides do. Eccentric hamstring work, progressive knee loading, and fixing the quad deficit on the operated side — which is almost certainly still present a year out and probably feeding the medial overload. No peptide fixes bad biomechanics or a weak quad, and I suspect that's where a lot of people get let down: they expect the compounds to cover what loading should be doing.

I'll check back at the 3-week mark, at the end of the cycle, and again after the washout. Questions about sourcing are welcome.
 
Omxxl said:

Day 4 for me, and I can tell you with 100% certainty the pain has dropped a lot. Leg training is still off the table for now, but my walking has already improved noticeably.

Four days and nothing else changed — it's still hard for me to wrap my head around.

Since I've been lurking this sub for a while, I figured I'd give back by laying out the protocol I'm about to run. Background first: left knee, ACL reconstruction plus partial medial meniscectomy, a little over a year ago. The recovery was largely uneventful, but medial knee pain has stuck around — worse on the tibial side, just under the joint line. It reads as periarticular rather than intra-articular to me, which puts it in classic pes anserine territory, or maybe there's some subchondral component left over from the meniscectomy. MRI is done, I'm waiting on the radiologist's read, but I'd rather have the protocol locked and loaded so I can start as soon as I know what I'm dealing with.

I chose BPC-157 and TB-4 — the native peptide, not TB-500. I wanted the actual molecule instead of the synthetic fragment. Both came from a supplier that does third-party HPLC testing, which I believe deserves more weight than most people give it. A lot of the contradictory reports floating around this space are likely just differences in product quality.

Dosing: 500 mcg of each, twice a day. That puts me at 1 mg/day total for BPC-157 and 1 mg/day total for TB-4. I'm aware this sits toward the high end of typical use, particularly for TB-4, since most protocols call for weekly loading in the 2-5 mg range. My reason for splitting into twice-daily shots is BPC's short subcutaneous half-life — I'd rather have steadier exposure at the site than a spike-and-crash from 1 daily injection. For a tendinopathy that's been grumbling for over a year, sustained signaling makes more sense to me than pulses.

Injection plan: subQ, as close to the target as I can manage, rotating sites along the medial knee near the pes anserinus insertion — roughly a few finger-widths below the joint line on the anteromedial tibia. TB-4 may get a mix of local and abdominal shots, since it behaves more systemically; the literature points to it traveling and acting more broadly than BPC. BPC stays strictly local for me, because its tendon-related value seems to come from local angiogenic and fibroblast activity.

Reconstitution: a 5 mg vial plus 2.5 ml bacteriostatic water yields 2 mg/ml, so each 500 mcg dose is 25 units on an insulin syringe. Clean numbers, simple dosing. Reconstituted vials go in the fridge, and I plan to finish each within 3-4 weeks of mixing to be cautious.

Cycle: 6 weeks minimum, maybe 8 depending on response. Tendon and cartilage turnover is slow, so I'm not expecting much in the first two weeks. Once the active phase ends, I'll take 4-6 weeks fully off and watch whether the clinical improvement sticks. If it does, that points to real structural change; if symptoms return, the peptides were only modulating inflammation and not touching the mechanical root cause — which would tell me to dig into biomechanics and load management rather than add more compounds.

A few confounders I'm tracking honestly, because I want to know what's actually doing the work. 1: I'm already on TRT and a GLP-1 (retatrutide), so perfect attribution won't be possible — but I'm not adding or changing anything else during the cycle, so the peptides are the only new variable. 2: I recently had an episode of elevated resting heart rate plus a transient visual aura that's still under investigation, so I'll be watching cardiovascular signals closely during the cycle. TB-4 in particular has theoretical systemic angiogenic effects, and I want to be honest with myself if something feels off instead of pushing through.

Rehab is non-negotiable for me no matter what the peptides do. Eccentric hamstring work, progressive knee loading, and fixing the quad deficit on the operated side — which is almost certainly still present a year out and probably feeding the medial overload. No peptide fixes bad biomechanics or a weak quad, and I suspect that's where a lot of people get let down: they expect the compounds to cover what loading should be doing.

I'll check back at the 3-week mark, at the end of the cycle, and again after the washout. Questions about sourcing are welcome.
For the knee specifically, I'd suggest isometrics done as slow overcoming holds plus a moderately extended Time Under Tension. The idea is that once you pass roughly 45 seconds, isometric loading starts favoring the tendon over the muscle, which seems logical to me. Charles Poliquin knew this inside out and his results back that up. When I applied it to my own rotator cuff tear and biceps tendinosis, during the final days I stacked BPC, TB-500, and IGF-1 DES injected locally in a single shot, my muscles still felt stiff, yet I could keep training past the point of fatigue. Right now I've got DOMS from an excellent biceps session yesterday, but even so, moving my left arm around shows an obvious jump in strength.
 
Smiter said:

Targhee said:

Both of my knees have undergone meniscus repair. The right one was fixed 20 year back and now gives me no real trouble. The left was fixed 3 years back. According to my doctor, that knee has significant arthritis. Even after the surgery healed, my left knee still hurts a fair amount. It's bad enough that running is off the table, and gym leg day (squats, straight leg dead lift, lunges) leaves my left knee quite sore. Walking beyond a couple of miles in a day also brings on soreness.

My orthopedic doc has injected hyaluronic acid straight into the knee. A little help, but not sufficient. I've also had 3 cortisone shots in that knee. With each one, the relief lasted a shorter stretch. The most recent gave me only 2 weeks of relief.

So a week ago I began daily KLOW injections (in my belly, not into the knee itself). It may be too soon to say for certain, but I believe it's making a difference. My knee feels better than at any point since the last cortisone shot. This week I even got through my leg workout without a problem. As I said, a proper assessment is still premature, but so far I'm very encouraged.

I'm also planning to begin PRP injections (done by my orthopedic doctor) into the left knee. Based on what I've read, KLOW may support soft tissue healing and lower inflammation (which appears to be happening). Cartilage regeneration or improvement, however, is beyond what it can do. PRP might offer some help on that front.

So for now my plan is: daily KLOW injections plus occasional PRP injections directly into the knee joint. Should this fail to help, I'm more or less out of options and will have to think about knee replacement. Fingers crossed!

(Also, I take Reta. Plus Osteobiflex every day, which I've done for the past 3 years.)
This isn't meant as guidance for your particular situation—I'm only sharing a related experience. On my left arm, I have a torn rotator cuff along with biceps tendinosis. In the US last year, I saw a local ortho and received a cortisone injection. Prior to administering it, he told me it would hurt the results of any surgical treatment, since cortisone makes the joint weaker. I went ahead with the shot, hoping it would ease the pain. I had already arranged to receive stem-cell and PRP treatment from India. After that was done, I began systemic Bpc and TB-500 treatment. At present, I've restarted BPC and TB-500, though this time BPC was used locally and TB systemically. My joint has improved a lot, with ninety percent range of motion back. The biceps tendinosis pain remains my main worry. Right now I'm running a stack of BPC, TB-500 and IGF-1 DES locally. As for you, I can't say whether systemic BPC use would help. And then there's Cartalax—have you come across it? PEG-MGF is another one.
IGF1?
 
I'm pointing out the spot where I inject 0.5 mg of TB500 and BPC157 twice daily, and I see it becoming inflamed.

Since that's where the pain is worst, that's where I've been injecting.

Would you suggest a different site? This one is pretty sore.
 
When it comes to osteoarthritis, the peptides backed by real human clinical trial data are the GLP's. This benefit stems partly from weight reduction and partly from the drug's own action.
 
For those of you looking into peptides for chronic issues — things like lingering aches that never fully healed, or arthritis — I'm wondering: once you quit researching, do the pain-relieving effects disappear?
 
lessthanhalf said:

When it comes to osteoarthritis, the peptides backed by real human clinical trial data are the GLP's. This benefit stems partly from weight reduction and partly from the drug's own action.

0c491f4c6d8a528fc503f8dcfff9e58717c5834d79b1d84cd0b291893489e003.png



Frontiers | Emerging therapeutic potential of glucagon-like Peptide-1 receptor agonists in knee osteoarthritis: a systematic review


ObjectiveThis study aims to systematically investigate the clinical efficacy and mechanisms of glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonists (GLP-1 RAs) ...

5a7645bcd5e55df2dc8b32e5294d3d3038b3d8e736f5cb6ac5044482a914644c.png


www.frontiersin.org

Multiple studies have reported GLP-1 receptor expression in articular cartilage, synovium, and other joint tissues. Compared with healthy cartilage, degenerated cartilage shows lower GLP-1 receptor expression.

Click to expand...
 
Omxxl said:

A BPC157 5mg kit and a TB500 kit are already on order for me; as far as I can tell from what I've read, the TB500 product is really TB4, because genuine TB500 is nearly impossible to find.

Updates will follow as things progress. My plan is to begin at 250 micrograms of each per day on day 1, then work upward until I reach 1 mg of each daily. The BPC will go into the knee itself, 2 injections per day, while the TB will be given subcutaneously.
Has anything come of it yet?
 
AgingRegenDamaged said:

Omxxl said:

A BPC157 5mg kit and a TB500 kit are already on order for me; as far as I can tell from what I've read, the TB500 product is really TB4, because genuine TB500 is nearly impossible to find.

Updates will follow as things progress. My plan is to begin at 250 micrograms of each per day on day 1, then work upward until I reach 1 mg of each daily. The BPC will go into the knee itself, 2 injections per day, while the TB will be given subcutaneously.
Has anything come of it yet?
The pain in that specific area got much better, though the improvement only came once I had the shot directly into my knee — before that, there was no change.

My digestion has improved too. That said, because this involves cartilage and bone, recovery is slower than it would be for a muscle injury. Even with that, I'm pleased with the results so far.

At this point, four weeks in, I plan to take a break of two to three weeks, after which I'll resume for another four to six weeks and see what happens.
 
Back
Top