Omxxl said:
Day 4 for me, and I can tell you with 100% certainty the pain has dropped a lot. Leg training is still off the table for now, but my walking has already improved noticeably.
Four days and nothing else changed — it's still hard for me to wrap my head around.
Since I've been lurking this sub for a while, I figured I'd give back by laying out the protocol I'm about to run. Background first: left knee, ACL reconstruction plus partial medial meniscectomy, a little over a year ago. The recovery was largely uneventful, but medial knee pain has stuck around — worse on the tibial side, just under the joint line. It reads as periarticular rather than intra-articular to me, which puts it in classic pes anserine territory, or maybe there's some subchondral component left over from the meniscectomy. MRI is done, I'm waiting on the radiologist's read, but I'd rather have the protocol locked and loaded so I can start as soon as I know what I'm dealing with.
I chose BPC-157 and TB-4 — the native peptide, not TB-500. I wanted the actual molecule instead of the synthetic fragment. Both came from a supplier that does third-party HPLC testing, which I believe deserves more weight than most people give it. A lot of the contradictory reports floating around this space are likely just differences in product quality.
Dosing: 500 mcg of each, twice a day. That puts me at 1 mg/day total for BPC-157 and 1 mg/day total for TB-4. I'm aware this sits toward the high end of typical use, particularly for TB-4, since most protocols call for weekly loading in the 2-5 mg range. My reason for splitting into twice-daily shots is BPC's short subcutaneous half-life — I'd rather have steadier exposure at the site than a spike-and-crash from 1 daily injection. For a tendinopathy that's been grumbling for over a year, sustained signaling makes more sense to me than pulses.
Injection plan: subQ, as close to the target as I can manage, rotating sites along the medial knee near the pes anserinus insertion — roughly a few finger-widths below the joint line on the anteromedial tibia. TB-4 may get a mix of local and abdominal shots, since it behaves more systemically; the literature points to it traveling and acting more broadly than BPC. BPC stays strictly local for me, because its tendon-related value seems to come from local angiogenic and fibroblast activity.
Reconstitution: a 5 mg vial plus 2.5 ml bacteriostatic water yields 2 mg/ml, so each 500 mcg dose is 25 units on an insulin syringe. Clean numbers, simple dosing. Reconstituted vials go in the fridge, and I plan to finish each within 3-4 weeks of mixing to be cautious.
Cycle: 6 weeks minimum, maybe 8 depending on response. Tendon and cartilage turnover is slow, so I'm not expecting much in the first two weeks. Once the active phase ends, I'll take 4-6 weeks fully off and watch whether the clinical improvement sticks. If it does, that points to real structural change; if symptoms return, the peptides were only modulating inflammation and not touching the mechanical root cause — which would tell me to dig into biomechanics and load management rather than add more compounds.
A few confounders I'm tracking honestly, because I want to know what's actually doing the work. 1: I'm already on TRT and a GLP-1 (retatrutide), so perfect attribution won't be possible — but I'm not adding or changing anything else during the cycle, so the peptides are the only new variable. 2: I recently had an episode of elevated resting heart rate plus a transient visual aura that's still under investigation, so I'll be watching cardiovascular signals closely during the cycle. TB-4 in particular has theoretical systemic angiogenic effects, and I want to be honest with myself if something feels off instead of pushing through.
Rehab is non-negotiable for me no matter what the peptides do. Eccentric hamstring work, progressive knee loading, and fixing the quad deficit on the operated side — which is almost certainly still present a year out and probably feeding the medial overload. No peptide fixes bad biomechanics or a weak quad, and I suspect that's where a lot of people get let down: they expect the compounds to cover what loading should be doing.
I'll check back at the 3-week mark, at the end of the cycle, and again after the washout. Questions about sourcing are welcome.