Which peptides should be avoided when taking an SSRI?

Ajejebrazorf

Explorer
Joined
Apr 23, 2026
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Location
Italy
Hi everyone, I've been taking Sertraline 50mg for a few years now as a mild treatment for GAD. Is there anything I should steer clear of? Has anyone had odd side effects? Thanks all
 
CNCCurrency said:

Ajejebrazorf said:

Hi everyone, I've been taking Sertraline 50mg for a few years now as a mild treatment for GAD. Is there anything I should steer clear of? Has anyone had odd side effects? Thanks all

https://pep-pedia.org/peptides/selank
That's the 1 I think of right away.

CNCCurrency said:

Ajejebrazorf said:

Hi everyone, I've been taking Sertraline 50mg for a few years now as a mild treatment for GAD. Is there anything I should steer clear of? Has anyone had odd side effects? Thanks all

https://pep-pedia.org/peptides/selank
That's the 1 I think of right away.
I had thought Selank could help me stop sertraline 🤣 Clearly I need to look into this more carefully
 
Key things to keep an eye on: alcohol (it makes brain fog worse), any serotonergic substance such as St. John's Wort or 5-HTP (danger of serotonin syndrome), plus NSAIDs like ibuprofen when used on a regular basis (bleeding risk may go up). As for odd effects — during the initial weeks some people get strange, vivid dreams or feel somewhat emotionally blunted, though at 50mg the majority adjust without trouble. If you've had any sides, how long have you been experiencing them?
 
Ok

dunhacunha said:

Key things to keep an eye on: alcohol (it makes brain fog worse), any serotonergic substance such as St. John's Wort or 5-HTP (danger of serotonin syndrome), plus NSAIDs like ibuprofen when used on a regular basis (bleeding risk may go up). As for odd effects — during the initial weeks some people get strange, vivid dreams or feel somewhat emotionally blunted, though at 50mg the majority adjust without trouble. If you've had any sides, how long have you been experiencing them?
I'm currently in week 4 of Tirz and up to 2.5mg, with side effects that I can handle. Drinking is completely off the table for me — I gave it a try and spent 2 days feeling awful. Back when Zoloft was the only thing I was on, I drank, sometimes a lot, and the hangovers were brutal, but the nights themselves were enjoyable.

In general, I'm curious about other supplements that could help me live and feel better, so I'm hoping to hear about some experiences from others.
 
Grrrem said:

I'm fairly certain that methylene blue also isn't an option for those using SSRI's.
Apologies, it isn't technically a peptide, though it still comes up in peptide and biohacking circles, so it's worth being aware of should you run into it.
 
Ajejebrazorf said:

Hi everyone, I've been taking Sertraline 50mg for a few years now as a mild treatment for GAD. Is there anything I should steer clear of? Has anyone had odd side effects? Thanks all
PE-22-28 is likely the one to steer clear of. It did me more good than the awful SSRIs ever managed.
 
Back
Top