Which peptide works best for body recomposition?

bogardbilla said:

Smiter said:

Habibibi said:

RanHerOver said:

Heyo!

I'm currently using retatrutide, it's going well, and my weight is dropping.

No complaints so far.

The thing is, once I hit my goal weight (I really want visible abs!!) I'd like to come off reta and perhaps move to a peptide that helps me hold onto the new physique. Obviously I'll stick with a healthy diet centered mostly on protein, but having a peptide that could assist with muscle recovery and similar things... that sounds like it could be quite beneficial for me. I've read about CJC, though I'm unsure.

So I'm asking here: after my cut phase, which peptide might be best for a solid "bulk"? I don't want to look huge, but if something can help me preserve my muscle, I'm listening.
When it comes to keeping your physique intact, no peptide out there beats retatrutide, as far as I can tell. Just adjust your dosage to match whatever you're aiming for.
That's an interesting perspective. For building a muscular physique, I'd put forward PEG-MGF as the top peptide.
Thanks for the info on PEG-MGF!
No problem—but what does TIL mean?
 
Smiter said:

bogardbilla said:

Smiter said:

Habibibi said:

RanHerOver said:

Heyo!

I'm currently using retatrutide, it's going well, and my weight is dropping.

No complaints so far.

The thing is, once I hit my goal weight (I really want visible abs!!) I'd like to come off reta and perhaps move to a peptide that helps me hold onto the new physique. Obviously I'll stick with a healthy diet centered mostly on protein, but having a peptide that could assist with muscle recovery and similar things... that sounds like it could be quite beneficial for me. I've read about CJC, though I'm unsure.

So I'm asking here: after my cut phase, which peptide might be best for a solid "bulk"? I don't want to look huge, but if something can help me preserve my muscle, I'm listening.
When it comes to keeping your physique intact, no peptide out there beats retatrutide, as far as I can tell. Just adjust your dosage to match whatever you're aiming for.
That's an interesting perspective. For building a muscular physique, I'd put forward PEG-MGF as the top peptide.
Thanks for the info on PEG-MGF!
No problem—but what does TIL mean?
"Learned something new today" - I had no idea a peptide like that was out there.
 
bogardbilla said:

Smiter said:

bogardbilla said:

Smiter said:

Habibibi said:

RanHerOver said:

Heyo!

I'm currently using retatrutide, it's going well, and my weight is dropping.

No complaints so far.

The thing is, once I hit my goal weight (I really want visible abs!!) I'd like to come off reta and perhaps move to a peptide that helps me hold onto the new physique. Obviously I'll stick with a healthy diet centered mostly on protein, but having a peptide that could assist with muscle recovery and similar things... that sounds like it could be quite beneficial for me. I've read about CJC, though I'm unsure.

So I'm asking here: after my cut phase, which peptide might be best for a solid "bulk"? I don't want to look huge, but if something can help me preserve my muscle, I'm listening.
When it comes to keeping your physique intact, no peptide out there beats retatrutide, as far as I can tell. Just adjust your dosage to match whatever you're aiming for.
That's an interesting perspective. For building a muscular physique, I'd put forward PEG-MGF as the top peptide.
Thanks for the info on PEG-MGF!
No problem—but what does TIL mean?
"Learned something new today" - I had no idea a peptide like that was out there.
Just found out what TIL stands for! 😂
 
Smiter said:

Habibibi said:

RanHerOver said:

Heyo!

I'm currently using retatrutide, it's going well, and my weight is dropping.

No complaints so far.

The thing is, once I hit my goal weight (I really want visible abs!!) I'd like to come off reta and perhaps move to a peptide that helps me hold onto the new physique. Obviously I'll stick with a healthy diet centered mostly on protein, but having a peptide that could assist with muscle recovery and similar things... that sounds like it could be quite beneficial for me. I've read about CJC, though I'm unsure.

So I'm asking here: after my cut phase, which peptide might be best for a solid "bulk"? I don't want to look huge, but if something can help me preserve my muscle, I'm listening.
When it comes to keeping your physique intact, no peptide out there beats retatrutide, as far as I can tell. Just adjust your dosage to match whatever you're aiming for.
That's an interesting perspective. For building a muscular physique, I'd put forward PEG-MGF as the top peptide.

Wait a second. Stop. Hang on.

So when it comes to building muscle and/or keeping it, PEG-MGF comes out on top?

Where do HGH, IGF-1 LR3, IGF-1 DES, and CJC/IPA fit in? My guess is CJC/IPA is at the bottom, but how do the rest compare??
 
dancs said:

Smiter said:

Habibibi said:

RanHerOver said:

Heyo!

I'm currently using retatrutide, it's going well, and my weight is dropping.

No complaints so far.

The thing is, once I hit my goal weight (I really want visible abs!!) I'd like to come off reta and perhaps move to a peptide that helps me hold onto the new physique. Obviously I'll stick with a healthy diet centered mostly on protein, but having a peptide that could assist with muscle recovery and similar things... that sounds like it could be quite beneficial for me. I've read about CJC, though I'm unsure.

So I'm asking here: after my cut phase, which peptide might be best for a solid "bulk"? I don't want to look huge, but if something can help me preserve my muscle, I'm listening.
When it comes to keeping your physique intact, no peptide out there beats retatrutide, as far as I can tell. Just adjust your dosage to match whatever you're aiming for.
That's an interesting perspective. For building a muscular physique, I'd put forward PEG-MGF as the top peptide.

Wait a second. Stop. Hang on.

So when it comes to building muscle and/or keeping it, PEG-MGF comes out on top?

Where do HGH, IGF-1 LR3, IGF-1 DES, and CJC/IPA fit in? My guess is CJC/IPA is at the bottom, but how do the rest compare??
It appears these work alongside PEG-MGF:

https://swolverine.com/blogs/blog/peg-mgf-for-beginners-muscle-repair-dosing-and-stacking-guide
 
Body recomposition boils down to 2 things: lowering body fat and adding muscle. No peptide is going to put muscle on your frame by itself, so if we look only at the fat-loss side: GLP1s plus anything that pushes you toward burning more energy or consuming less food - and what works there can vary from person to person. That said, if HGH isn't part of your stack, you're leaving a lot on the table. Tesa could do the job, but the ROI next to HGH is a joke. CJC/Ipa aren't even close to the same tier.
 
bogardbilla said:

dancs said:

Smiter said:

Habibibi said:

RanHerOver said:

Heyo!

I'm currently using retatrutide, it's going well, and my weight is dropping.

No complaints so far.

The thing is, once I hit my goal weight (I really want visible abs!!) I'd like to come off reta and perhaps move to a peptide that helps me hold onto the new physique. Obviously I'll stick with a healthy diet centered mostly on protein, but having a peptide that could assist with muscle recovery and similar things... that sounds like it could be quite beneficial for me. I've read about CJC, though I'm unsure.

So I'm asking here: after my cut phase, which peptide might be best for a solid "bulk"? I don't want to look huge, but if something can help me preserve my muscle, I'm listening.
When it comes to keeping your physique intact, no peptide out there beats retatrutide, as far as I can tell. Just adjust your dosage to match whatever you're aiming for.
That's an interesting perspective. For building a muscular physique, I'd put forward PEG-MGF as the top peptide.

Wait a second. Stop. Hang on.

So when it comes to building muscle and/or keeping it, PEG-MGF comes out on top?

Where do HGH, IGF-1 LR3, IGF-1 DES, and CJC/IPA fit in? My guess is CJC/IPA is at the bottom, but how do the rest compare??
It appears these work alongside PEG-MGF:

https://swolverine.com/blogs/blog/peg-mgf-for-beginners-muscle-repair-dosing-and-stacking-guide

Anyone here ever gone the intramuscular route?

Is there pain involved? Like, a lot? 🤣 😭
 
miameow said:

Body recomposition boils down to 2 things: lowering body fat and adding muscle. No peptide is going to put muscle on your frame by itself, so if we look only at the fat-loss side: GLP1s plus anything that pushes you toward burning more energy or consuming less food - and what works there can vary from person to person. That said, if HGH isn't part of your stack, you're leaving a lot on the table. Tesa could do the job, but the ROI next to HGH is a joke. CJC/Ipa aren't even close to the same tier.
Looks like HGH and PEG-MGF are both going on my list.

IGF-1 LR3 and CJC/IPA are already part of my routine. Adding Tesa and DES to the mix seems like the logical next step....
 
Dos-Dox said:

bogardbilla said:

Smiter said:

bogardbilla said:

Smiter said:

Habibibi said:

RanHerOver said:

Heyo!

I'm currently using retatrutide, it's going well, and my weight is dropping.

No complaints so far.

The thing is, once I hit my goal weight (I really want visible abs!!) I'd like to come off reta and perhaps move to a peptide that helps me hold onto the new physique. Obviously I'll stick with a healthy diet centered mostly on protein, but having a peptide that could assist with muscle recovery and similar things... that sounds like it could be quite beneficial for me. I've read about CJC, though I'm unsure.

So I'm asking here: after my cut phase, which peptide might be best for a solid "bulk"? I don't want to look huge, but if something can help me preserve my muscle, I'm listening.
When it comes to keeping your physique intact, no peptide out there beats retatrutide, as far as I can tell. Just adjust your dosage to match whatever you're aiming for.
That's an interesting perspective. For building a muscular physique, I'd put forward PEG-MGF as the top peptide.
Thanks for the info on PEG-MGF!
No problem—but what does TIL mean?
"Learned something new today" - I had no idea a peptide like that was out there.
Just found out what TIL stands for! 😂
You got there before me.

miameow said:

Body recomposition boils down to 2 things: lowering body fat and adding muscle. No peptide is going to put muscle on your frame by itself, so if we look only at the fat-loss side: GLP1s plus anything that pushes you toward burning more energy or consuming less food - and what works there can vary from person to person. That said, if HGH isn't part of your stack, you're leaving a lot on the table. Tesa could do the job, but the ROI next to HGH is a joke. CJC/Ipa aren't even close to the same tier.
Steering clear of HGH is a top priority for me, as much as I can manage. Sure, plenty of people turn to HGH for its anabolic properties. The hyperglycemia and insulin resistance it brings on might be blunted by the GLPs. Even so, as someone who used to be diabetic, I refuse to gamble with insulin resistance. On top of that, the acromegaly-style effects — organs getting bigger, the water retention I tend to get, joint problems, and so on — make HGH look really unappealing to me. It flat-out kills my erection.

Also, the OP was asking which peptide is best for body recomposition. I chose to frame my answer around the quality of the recomposition rather than the quantity. That's clearly a personal call, and even though it makes for an annoying TLDR, I'll spell it out.

As I understand it, every anabolic out there — TRT, HGH, AAS, and the rest — mainly acts by boosting IGF-1 signaling, and with AAS, it sets off androgen receptor signaling by triggering gene expression in myocytes. It also affects muscle satellite cell progression.

I had a sleeve gastrectomy in 2022, and by 2025 the weight loss had stripped away all the muscle I'd worked so hard to build. In June, I traveled to India for a stem-cell + PRP treatment on my left rotator cuff tears and left biceps tendinosis. During my recovery, I found out that the Indian national armwrestling tournament was scheduled for the first week of July. I hadn't competed in armwrestling since 2016, and I was in no shape to enter even a local event. In mid-June, I said "fvck it" and decided to compete. My competition weight before 2016 was 135 kg. In June 2025, I was 112 kg.

Now, I'm aware the BPC-TB-500 stack gets called Wolverine, after the Marvel character's legendary healing ability. But anyone highly educated and intelligent knows there are others with even greater healing and regeneration — like the Incredible Hulk.

Tangent aside, on 14th June I began stacking my Wolverine with PEG MGF and started training. I could barely bicep curl 20 lb dumbbells. I used to manage 85 lb dumbbells. Anyway, in July I placed 3rd in the Masters superheavyweight category at 115 kilograms. That's 254 lbs for those who don't use metric.

The crucial part is that my 3 weeks of PEG MGF ran out and I went back to being a weak waste with no strength. Then in Feb of this year I started training again at the Golds gym here with the same 20 lb dumbbell. I was barbell curling 40 lbs. I began Retatrutide on May 1st. Before that, I did 3 reps of cheat curls on the 110 lbs barbell and 6 reps of proper curls on the 100 lb barbell. This time I was on BPC-TB500 and no PEG MGF. Clearly, muscle memory is doing the work.

This is where muscle satellite/stem cells come in. Testosterone or AAS boosts this, but PEG MGF targets this function directly. It raises the number of satellite cells transcribed into muscle, permanently increasing the myonuclei count in muscle cells. I won't go into why that's such a massive advantage [this is already too long].

When it comes to body recomposition, I judge sublime quality by permanent gains in myonuclei, sarcomere count, and tendon strength via Young's modulus — not cross-sectional area.

That's why I picked PEG MGF as the best 'peptide'.

I'd stack it with BPC and TB-500 for local subq shots.

Reasoning: after GLP-1-driven weight loss, when I need to build muscle, I want to keep the fat and water retention that comes with the bulking phase to a minimum. I also want lasting gains in muscle strength, density, and tendon strength.

For all the enlightened members here, I've named the BPC-TB500-PEG MGF stack the Doomsday stack — after the DC comics Superman-killer. You all know his main superpower — [psst...evolution...sshhh!]
 
Smiter said:

Dos-Dox said:

bogardbilla said:

Smiter said:

bogardbilla said:

Smiter said:

Habibibi said:

RanHerOver said:

Heyo!

I'm currently using retatrutide, it's going well, and my weight is dropping.

No complaints so far.

The thing is, once I hit my goal weight (I really want visible abs!!) I'd like to come off reta and perhaps move to a peptide that helps me hold onto the new physique. Obviously I'll stick with a healthy diet centered mostly on protein, but having a peptide that could assist with muscle recovery and similar things... that sounds like it could be quite beneficial for me. I've read about CJC, though I'm unsure.

So I'm asking here: after my cut phase, which peptide might be best for a solid "bulk"? I don't want to look huge, but if something can help me preserve my muscle, I'm listening.
When it comes to keeping your physique intact, no peptide out there beats retatrutide, as far as I can tell. Just adjust your dosage to match whatever you're aiming for.
That's an interesting perspective. For building a muscular physique, I'd put forward PEG-MGF as the top peptide.
Thanks for the info on PEG-MGF!
No problem—but what does TIL mean?
"Learned something new today" - I had no idea a peptide like that was out there.
Just found out what TIL stands for! 😂
You got there before me.

miameow said:

Body recomposition boils down to 2 things: lowering body fat and adding muscle. No peptide is going to put muscle on your frame by itself, so if we look only at the fat-loss side: GLP1s plus anything that pushes you toward burning more energy or consuming less food - and what works there can vary from person to person. That said, if HGH isn't part of your stack, you're leaving a lot on the table. Tesa could do the job, but the ROI next to HGH is a joke. CJC/Ipa aren't even close to the same tier.
Steering clear of HGH is a top priority for me, as much as I can manage. Sure, plenty of people turn to HGH for its anabolic properties. The hyperglycemia and insulin resistance it brings on might be blunted by the GLPs. Even so, as someone who used to be diabetic, I refuse to gamble with insulin resistance. On top of that, the acromegaly-style effects — organs getting bigger, the water retention I tend to get, joint problems, and so on — make HGH look really unappealing to me. It flat-out kills my erection.

Also, the OP was asking which peptide is best for body recomposition. I chose to frame my answer around the quality of the recomposition rather than the quantity. That's clearly a personal call, and even though it makes for an annoying TLDR, I'll spell it out.

As I understand it, every anabolic out there — TRT, HGH, AAS, and the rest — mainly acts by boosting IGF-1 signaling, and with AAS, it sets off androgen receptor signaling by triggering gene expression in myocytes. It also affects muscle satellite cell progression.

I had a sleeve gastrectomy in 2022, and by 2025 the weight loss had stripped away all the muscle I'd worked so hard to build. In June, I traveled to India for a stem-cell + PRP treatment on my left rotator cuff tears and left biceps tendinosis. During my recovery, I found out that the Indian national armwrestling tournament was scheduled for the first week of July. I hadn't competed in armwrestling since 2016, and I was in no shape to enter even a local event. In mid-June, I said "fvck it" and decided to compete. My competition weight before 2016 was 135 kg. In June 2025, I was 112 kg.

Now, I'm aware the BPC-TB-500 stack gets called Wolverine, after the Marvel character's legendary healing ability. But anyone highly educated and intelligent knows there are others with even greater healing and regeneration — like the Incredible Hulk.

Tangent aside, on 14th June I began stacking my Wolverine with PEG MGF and started training. I could barely bicep curl 20 lb dumbbells. I used to manage 85 lb dumbbells. Anyway, in July I placed 3rd in the Masters superheavyweight category at 115 kilograms. That's 254 lbs for those who don't use metric.

The crucial part is that my 3 weeks of PEG MGF ran out and I went back to being a weak waste with no strength. Then in Feb of this year I started training again at the Golds gym here with the same 20 lb dumbbell. I was barbell curling 40 lbs. I began Retatrutide on May 1st. Before that, I did 3 reps of cheat curls on the 110 lbs barbell and 6 reps of proper curls on the 100 lb barbell. This time I was on BPC-TB500 and no PEG MGF. Clearly, muscle memory is doing the work.

This is where muscle satellite/stem cells come in. Testosterone or AAS boosts this, but PEG MGF targets this function directly. It raises the number of satellite cells transcribed into muscle, permanently increasing the myonuclei count in muscle cells. I won't go into why that's such a massive advantage [this is already too long].

When it comes to body recomposition, I judge sublime quality by permanent gains in myonuclei, sarcomere count, and tendon strength via Young's modulus — not cross-sectional area.

That's why I picked PEG MGF as the best 'peptide'.

I'd stack it with BPC and TB-500 for local subq shots.

Reasoning: after GLP-1-driven weight loss, when I need to build muscle, I want to keep the fat and water retention that comes with the bulking phase to a minimum. I also want lasting gains in muscle strength, density, and tendon strength.

For all the enlightened members here, I've named the BPC-TB500-PEG MGF stack the Doomsday stack — after the DC comics Superman-killer. You all know his main superpower — [psst...evolution...sshhh!]
That's a fair observation.

Using a substance solely so you then have to offset its effects with a different substance—barring a genuine medical need, which is uncommon—burns cash and introduces pointless risk.
 
lastresort said:

Smiter said:

Dos-Dox said:

bogardbilla said:

Smiter said:

bogardbilla said:

Smiter said:

Habibibi said:

RanHerOver said:

Heyo!

I'm currently using retatrutide, it's going well, and my weight is dropping.

No complaints so far.

The thing is, once I hit my goal weight (I really want visible abs!!) I'd like to come off reta and perhaps move to a peptide that helps me hold onto the new physique. Obviously I'll stick with a healthy diet centered mostly on protein, but having a peptide that could assist with muscle recovery and similar things... that sounds like it could be quite beneficial for me. I've read about CJC, though I'm unsure.

So I'm asking here: after my cut phase, which peptide might be best for a solid "bulk"? I don't want to look huge, but if something can help me preserve my muscle, I'm listening.
When it comes to keeping your physique intact, no peptide out there beats retatrutide, as far as I can tell. Just adjust your dosage to match whatever you're aiming for.
That's an interesting perspective. For building a muscular physique, I'd put forward PEG-MGF as the top peptide.
Thanks for the info on PEG-MGF!
No problem—but what does TIL mean?
"Learned something new today" - I had no idea a peptide like that was out there.
Just found out what TIL stands for! 😂
You got there before me.

miameow said:

Body recomposition boils down to 2 things: lowering body fat and adding muscle. No peptide is going to put muscle on your frame by itself, so if we look only at the fat-loss side: GLP1s plus anything that pushes you toward burning more energy or consuming less food - and what works there can vary from person to person. That said, if HGH isn't part of your stack, you're leaving a lot on the table. Tesa could do the job, but the ROI next to HGH is a joke. CJC/Ipa aren't even close to the same tier.
Steering clear of HGH is a top priority for me, as much as I can manage. Sure, plenty of people turn to HGH for its anabolic properties. The hyperglycemia and insulin resistance it brings on might be blunted by the GLPs. Even so, as someone who used to be diabetic, I refuse to gamble with insulin resistance. On top of that, the acromegaly-style effects — organs getting bigger, the water retention I tend to get, joint problems, and so on — make HGH look really unappealing to me. It flat-out kills my erection.

Also, the OP was asking which peptide is best for body recomposition. I chose to frame my answer around the quality of the recomposition rather than the quantity. That's clearly a personal call, and even though it makes for an annoying TLDR, I'll spell it out.

As I understand it, every anabolic out there — TRT, HGH, AAS, and the rest — mainly acts by boosting IGF-1 signaling, and with AAS, it sets off androgen receptor signaling by triggering gene expression in myocytes. It also affects muscle satellite cell progression.

I had a sleeve gastrectomy in 2022, and by 2025 the weight loss had stripped away all the muscle I'd worked so hard to build. In June, I traveled to India for a stem-cell + PRP treatment on my left rotator cuff tears and left biceps tendinosis. During my recovery, I found out that the Indian national armwrestling tournament was scheduled for the first week of July. I hadn't competed in armwrestling since 2016, and I was in no shape to enter even a local event. In mid-June, I said "fvck it" and decided to compete. My competition weight before 2016 was 135 kg. In June 2025, I was 112 kg.

Now, I'm aware the BPC-TB-500 stack gets called Wolverine, after the Marvel character's legendary healing ability. But anyone highly educated and intelligent knows there are others with even greater healing and regeneration — like the Incredible Hulk.

Tangent aside, on 14th June I began stacking my Wolverine with PEG MGF and started training. I could barely bicep curl 20 lb dumbbells. I used to manage 85 lb dumbbells. Anyway, in July I placed 3rd in the Masters superheavyweight category at 115 kilograms. That's 254 lbs for those who don't use metric.

The crucial part is that my 3 weeks of PEG MGF ran out and I went back to being a weak waste with no strength. Then in Feb of this year I started training again at the Golds gym here with the same 20 lb dumbbell. I was barbell curling 40 lbs. I began Retatrutide on May 1st. Before that, I did 3 reps of cheat curls on the 110 lbs barbell and 6 reps of proper curls on the 100 lb barbell. This time I was on BPC-TB500 and no PEG MGF. Clearly, muscle memory is doing the work.

This is where muscle satellite/stem cells come in. Testosterone or AAS boosts this, but PEG MGF targets this function directly. It raises the number of satellite cells transcribed into muscle, permanently increasing the myonuclei count in muscle cells. I won't go into why that's such a massive advantage [this is already too long].

When it comes to body recomposition, I judge sublime quality by permanent gains in myonuclei, sarcomere count, and tendon strength via Young's modulus — not cross-sectional area.

That's why I picked PEG MGF as the best 'peptide'.

I'd stack it with BPC and TB-500 for local subq shots.

Reasoning: after GLP-1-driven weight loss, when I need to build muscle, I want to keep the fat and water retention that comes with the bulking phase to a minimum. I also want lasting gains in muscle strength, density, and tendon strength.

For all the enlightened members here, I've named the BPC-TB500-PEG MGF stack the Doomsday stack — after the DC comics Superman-killer. You all know his main superpower — [psst...evolution...sshhh!]
That's a fair observation.

Using a substance solely so you then have to offset its effects with a different substance—barring a genuine medical need, which is uncommon—burns cash and introduces pointless risk.
Exactly. My approach is to get the most benefit while putting in the least work. If I'm after a particular downstream effect, I'd pick the agent that directly delivers that effect. That way I avoid liver toxicity and don't disturb my natural testosterone, estrogen, GH, or IGF levels.
 
CMA Pooky said:

For visceral fat reduction, tesamorelin has stronger clinical backing and greater effectiveness compared to CJC-1295. Both compounds raise growth hormone (GH), yet tesamorelin carries FDA approval and is supported by solid Phase III trial data showing a direct effect on lowering visceral adipose tissue (VAT). [1, 2, 3, 4]

Reasons Tesamorelin Outperforms for Visceral Fat

  • Proven Clinical Targeting: Extensive clinical evidence exists for tesamorelin demonstrating meaningful reductions in visceral abdominal fat, with trials reporting an average 15-17% decrease in visceral fat across 26 weeks in patients.
  • FDA Approval: It holds FDA approval (Egrifta/Egrifta WR) specifically indicated for reducing visceral fat in adults with HIV-associated lipodystrophy.
  • Distinct Mechanism: In contrast to other GHRH analogs, tesamorelin possesses a unique capacity to lower VAT while maintaining lean tissue and enhancing liver fat content. [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Tesamorelin versus CJC-1295 for Fat Loss [1]

  • Tesamorelin: Serves as a direct GHRH analog with specific action on visceral adipose tissue.
  • CJC-1295: Works more as a broad enhancer of GH and IGF-1 levels. It is strong at supporting long-term fat metabolism, preserving muscle, and improving body composition, yet it does not have the targeted visceral-reduction clinical trials that tesamorelin does.
  • Mechanism: Tesamorelin works faster and more directly on fat oxidation within the abdominal area, whereas CJC-1295 is preferred for steady, prolonged GH release. [1, 2, 3, 4]
Tesa gets a lot of love from me. It's part of my current stack, and I expect it'll remain a core piece going forward. My lean will always be toward calling it better than CJC-1295.

Still… dismissing CJC entirely isn't something I'd rush into.

Like others have pointed out, the research behind Tesa focused on visceral fat reduction in people with HIV associated lipodystrophy. Those subjects typically had far more visceral fat than the typical Joe/Jill chasing body composition gains.

To my knowledge, a comparable study hasn't been run with CJC-1295, so treating it as a direct apples to apples matchup doesn't quite hold up yet. That goes double when Ipa gets stacked in.

Honestly, it wouldn't shock me one bit if results ended up fairly similar over time, with the outcome hinging on the person, their diet, training, how consistent dosing is, starting BF%, and so on.
 
When it comes to bodybuilding, the top stack is TRT, HGH, and Reta—though these do come with side effects, and getting the dosage right is essential. This approach isn't suitable for everyone.
 
I've only ever used reta, so I can't say whether I'm overlooking something better. What I can report is that since starting 4 weeks ago, I've dropped 1 - 1.5 lbs each week, and the body recomposition has been unbelievable. I've put on a lot of muscle while shedding a lot of fat. If other peptides exist, I doubt they'd add much, because body recomposition ultimately requires building muscle and burning fat simultaneously — something that's pretty straightforward, particularly with reta. The approach is simple: determine your maintenance dose and hold your weight steady, or even run a solid calorie deficit. As long as protein intake is sufficient and you're consuming enough carbs to recover, you should be able to recomp effectively. Keeping tabs on scale weight and calories is also very useful for making precise tweaks.
 
FlowerFairy said:

Smiter said:

FlowerFairy said:

Smiter said:

FlowerFairy said:

lastresort said:

Smiter said:

If I were running Reta, my stack would be Tesa plus adipotide — that's the plan I've settled on. For localized muscle growth, I'd add IGF-1 DES and PEG MGF.
Has adipotide been something you've personally used? Personal reports are scarce in what I've come across, though a single individual I spoke with said it produces dents.
What exactly is getting dented? I was a regular adipose user back in the day.
That isn't adipose — adipose is fat. What he means is adipotide, which is a peptide. His point is that it could cause bends or dents in our flesh.
I'm aware that adipotide was the subject. Like I mentioned before, I used it over an extended period. I haven't developed any dents.
Hey, that's pretty neat. Did it end up working?
Look at what I said earlier. It definitely appeared to.

A possible kidney damage risk was 1 factor behind the phase 1 halt of the adipotide clinical study.

Have your kidney markers ever been tested?
 
lastresort said:

FlowerFairy said:

Smiter said:

FlowerFairy said:

Smiter said:

FlowerFairy said:

lastresort said:

Smiter said:

If I were running Reta, my stack would be Tesa plus adipotide — that's the plan I've settled on. For localized muscle growth, I'd add IGF-1 DES and PEG MGF.
Has adipotide been something you've personally used? Personal reports are scarce in what I've come across, though a single individual I spoke with said it produces dents.
What exactly is getting dented? I was a regular adipose user back in the day.
That isn't adipose — adipose is fat. What he means is adipotide, which is a peptide. His point is that it could cause bends or dents in our flesh.
I'm aware that adipotide was the subject. Like I mentioned before, I used it over an extended period. I haven't developed any dents.
Hey, that's pretty neat. Did it end up working?
Look at what I said earlier. It definitely appeared to.

A possible kidney damage risk was 1 factor behind the phase 1 halt of the adipotide clinical study.

Have your kidney markers ever been tested?
I had labs drawn on a consistent schedule. Nothing was off with my kidney markers. That's exactly why I paid close attention to figuring the dose from my body weight. What I took was a bit under the “safe max dose.”
 
deleted.user.30 said:

Dos-Dox said:

bogardbilla said:

Smiter said:

bogardbilla said:

Smiter said:

Habibibi said:

RanHerOver said:

Heyo!

I'm currently using retatrutide, it's going well, and my weight is dropping.

No complaints so far.

The thing is, once I hit my goal weight (I really want visible abs!!) I'd like to come off reta and perhaps move to a peptide that helps me hold onto the new physique. Obviously I'll stick with a healthy diet centered mostly on protein, but having a peptide that could assist with muscle recovery and similar things... that sounds like it could be quite beneficial for me. I've read about CJC, though I'm unsure.

So I'm asking here: after my cut phase, which peptide might be best for a solid "bulk"? I don't want to look huge, but if something can help me preserve my muscle, I'm listening.
When it comes to keeping your physique intact, no peptide out there beats retatrutide, as far as I can tell. Just adjust your dosage to match whatever you're aiming for.
That's an interesting perspective. For building a muscular physique, I'd put forward PEG-MGF as the top peptide.
Thanks for the info on PEG-MGF!
No problem—but what does TIL mean?
"Learned something new today" - I had no idea a peptide like that was out there.
Just found out what TIL stands for! 😂
You got there before me.

miameow said:

Body recomposition boils down to 2 things: lowering body fat and adding muscle. No peptide is going to put muscle on your frame by itself, so if we look only at the fat-loss side: GLP1s plus anything that pushes you toward burning more energy or consuming less food - and what works there can vary from person to person. That said, if HGH isn't part of your stack, you're leaving a lot on the table. Tesa could do the job, but the ROI next to HGH is a joke. CJC/Ipa aren't even close to the same tier.
Steering clear of HGH is a top priority for me, as much as I can manage. Sure, plenty of people turn to HGH for its anabolic properties. The hyperglycemia and insulin resistance it brings on might be blunted by the GLPs. Even so, as someone who used to be diabetic, I refuse to gamble with insulin resistance. On top of that, the acromegaly-style effects — organs getting bigger, the water retention I tend to get, joint problems, and so on — make HGH look really unappealing to me. It flat-out kills my erection.

Also, the OP was asking which peptide is best for body recomposition. I chose to frame my answer around the quality of the recomposition rather than the quantity. That's clearly a personal call, and even though it makes for an annoying TLDR, I'll spell it out.

As I understand it, every anabolic out there — TRT, HGH, AAS, and the rest — mainly acts by boosting IGF-1 signaling, and with AAS, it sets off androgen receptor signaling by triggering gene expression in myocytes. It also affects muscle satellite cell progression.

I had a sleeve gastrectomy in 2022, and by 2025 the weight loss had stripped away all the muscle I'd worked so hard to build. In June, I traveled to India for a stem-cell + PRP treatment on my left rotator cuff tears and left biceps tendinosis. During my recovery, I found out that the Indian national armwrestling tournament was scheduled for the first week of July. I hadn't competed in armwrestling since 2016, and I was in no shape to enter even a local event. In mid-June, I said "fvck it" and decided to compete. My competition weight before 2016 was 135 kg. In June 2025, I was 112 kg.

Now, I'm aware the BPC-TB-500 stack gets called Wolverine, after the Marvel character's legendary healing ability. But anyone highly educated and intelligent knows there are others with even greater healing and regeneration — like the Incredible Hulk.

Tangent aside, on 14th June I began stacking my Wolverine with PEG MGF and started training. I could barely bicep curl 20 lb dumbbells. I used to manage 85 lb dumbbells. Anyway, in July I placed 3rd in the Masters superheavyweight category at 115 kilograms. That's 254 lbs for those who don't use metric.

The crucial part is that my 3 weeks of PEG MGF ran out and I went back to being a weak waste with no strength. Then in Feb of this year I started training again at the Golds gym here with the same 20 lb dumbbell. I was barbell curling 40 lbs. I began Retatrutide on May 1st. Before that, I did 3 reps of cheat curls on the 110 lbs barbell and 6 reps of proper curls on the 100 lb barbell. This time I was on BPC-TB500 and no PEG MGF. Clearly, muscle memory is doing the work.

This is where muscle satellite/stem cells come in. Testosterone or AAS boosts this, but PEG MGF targets this function directly. It raises the number of satellite cells transcribed into muscle, permanently increasing the myonuclei count in muscle cells. I won't go into why that's such a massive advantage [this is already too long].

When it comes to body recomposition, I judge sublime quality by permanent gains in myonuclei, sarcomere count, and tendon strength via Young's modulus — not cross-sectional area.

That's why I picked PEG MGF as the best 'peptide'.

I'd stack it with BPC and TB-500 for local subq shots.

Reasoning: after GLP-1-driven weight loss, when I need to build muscle, I want to keep the fat and water retention that comes with the bulking phase to a minimum. I also want lasting gains in muscle strength, density, and tendon strength.

For all the enlightened members here, I've named the BPC-TB500-PEG MGF stack the Doomsday stack — after the DC comics Superman-killer. You all know his main superpower — [psst...evolution...sshhh!]
Doesn't peg mgf come with significant adverse effects, even when the dose is low or the duration of use is short?
 
lastresort said:

Smiter said:

I picked it largely because a lot of people in this community seem determined to stay on GL-1s indefinitely. A few have mentioned that although these fat cells may get smaller, the body’s metabolism still holds onto its fat set point. There’s no doubt in my mind that adipocytes will exert a harmful hormonal effect. The leptin resistance I’m convinced is tied to food noise must be shaped by adipocytes. So if adipotide can wipe out even a tiny fraction of fat cells for good, I figured that made it worth going with.
Indeed, those fat cells keep functioning.

I've forgotten what the study was called, but its finding was that fat cells continue releasing hormonal signals, and upon "replenishing" they turned even more resistant.

If things went my way, I'd shed pounds through diet plus GLP, and afterward undergo whole-body liposuction so those fat cells are gone for good.

A few years back, I underwent liposuction. For roughly 1 week afterward, it was as though a train had rolled over me, and the pain eased gradually from there. A full-body procedure would be brutal.
 
#1 While nobody else has brought this up, abruptly quitting reta the moment your abs show and you hit your target weight is a terrible plan. The right approach is to taper down step by step until you land on a dose that holds your weight loss steady. Cutting it off cold will in all likelihood trigger rebound hunger within a few weeks, which kicks off the weight regain cycle in most users. A handful of exceptions can keep the weight off after dropping their GLP-1, but you shouldn't bank on being one of them. Taper it down.

#2 I wouldn't go near IGF-1. It's simply foolish. TRT is far safer and far more effective, so why take the risk with IGF-1? It's a fairly anabolic peptide, but it's indiscriminate about it. Unlike TRT, it doesn't zero in on muscle tissue alone.
 
mybodyisasewer said:

That takes serious nerve. If it came down to it, I’d sooner trust clen than touch adipotide. It doesn’t just strip fat—it wrecks blood vessels, and your kidneys take a heavy hit. None of this is news to you; odds are you’re better versed in it than I am. My point is simply that blood panels are a blunt tool for catching low-level kidney harm, so you could go years without realizing the toll until something breaks.

All the same, I can appreciate that reckless, self-governing streak—I’m not exactly gentle with my own body chemistry either. (And yes, my username is meant literally.) But I’m already hammering my kidneys with huge amounts of creatine, protein, and various recreationals. They have to stay in excellent shape for me to keep living, which is exactly why I ruled adipotide out.

If you go through with it regardless, report back on whether any of your markers shifted. It remains a fascinating compound.
Funny thing is, right now I'm on clen and I just wrapped up a 12 week bulk cycle running a gram of gear. And yet adipotide is the one that terrifies me. lol
 
Back
Top