birdwhacker said:
CMA Pooky said:
For visceral fat reduction, tesamorelin has stronger clinical backing and greater effectiveness compared to CJC-1295. Both compounds raise growth hormone (GH), yet tesamorelin carries FDA approval and is supported by solid Phase III trial data showing a direct effect on lowering visceral adipose tissue (VAT). [
1,
2,
3,
4]
Reasons Tesamorelin Outperforms for Visceral Fat
- Proven Clinical Targeting: Extensive clinical evidence exists for tesamorelin demonstrating meaningful reductions in visceral abdominal fat, with trials reporting an average 15-17% decrease in visceral fat across 26 weeks in patients.
- FDA Approval: It holds FDA approval (Egrifta/Egrifta WR) specifically indicated for reducing visceral fat in adults with HIV-associated lipodystrophy.
- Distinct Mechanism: In contrast to other GHRH analogs, tesamorelin possesses a unique capacity to lower VAT while maintaining lean tissue and enhancing liver fat content. [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Tesamorelin versus CJC-1295 for Fat Loss [
1]
- Tesamorelin: Serves as a direct GHRH analog with specific action on visceral adipose tissue.
- CJC-1295: Works more as a broad enhancer of GH and IGF-1 levels. It is strong at supporting long-term fat metabolism, preserving muscle, and improving body composition, yet it does not have the targeted visceral-reduction clinical trials that tesamorelin does.
- Mechanism: Tesamorelin works faster and more directly on fat oxidation within the abdominal area, whereas CJC-1295 is preferred for steady, prolonged GH release. [1, 2, 3, 4]
AI nonsense. Tesa has more evidence behind it because the pharma industry aimed to launch it for HIV, which is why trials were conducted to measure how it affected visceral fat.
CJC/Ipa is okay, and obviously there's no real justification for picking either secretagogue instead of HGH.
Edit since I got that wrong. CJC/IPA/TESA don't demand frequent bloodwork. Also, tesa tends to be better tolerated than CJC, and some individuals appear to have a bad reaction to CJC. Still, I maintain that both act on visceral fat through the same mechanism.
RanHerOver said:
Heyo!
I'm currently using retatrutide, it's going well, and my weight is dropping.
No complaints so far.
The thing is, once I hit my goal weight (I really want visible abs!!) I'd like to come off reta and perhaps move to a peptide that helps me hold onto the new physique. Obviously I'll stick with a healthy diet centered mostly on protein, but having a peptide that could assist with muscle recovery and similar things... that sounds like it could be quite beneficial for me. I've read about CJC, though I'm unsure.
So I'm asking here: after my cut phase, which peptide might be best for a solid "bulk"? I don't want to look huge, but if something can help me preserve my muscle, I'm listening.
That isn't body recomposition, though! Lol. Recomp refers to lifting intensely and consuming a large amount of protein while cutting at the same time, so you gain muscle simultaneously.
As others have pointed out, HGH secretagogues work fine. Alternatively you could head to SST and read up on HGH, which is far more potent and equally safe. Many people use 1-2iu per day for exactly these purposes.
Naturally, anything that raises T will assist you in adding muscle, regardless of whether you're male or female.
What ultimately determines how great your physique looks is your effort and commitment in the gym plus your capacity to consistently hit PRs. A bit of HGH will certainly give you a hand along the way.
With that in mind, you might want to check out Bromantane to help you train harder in the gym. I haven't given it a try yet, but unless my grasp of the drug is completely mistaken it ought to be far safer than, for instance, overusing preworkout.
I'm in the same situation as you, and curious about these compounds for the same reason. I currently can't get to a gym and I hate calisthenics, so I'm simply cutting hard until I can access a gym, at which point I'll probably add these two.