RubbaDubba1 said:
Elocin said:
RubbaDubba1 said:
Elocin said:
My reading has told me that BPC-157, TB-500 and KPV are all peptides that may help with pain. As a newbie, I am unsure which to try first. I have a few different problems going on.
Chronic pain is my daily reality. There are a few disc bulges and small tears in my c-spine, and I have been going through testing for suspected MS. On top of all that, a vehicle hit me this past January while I was on foot.

which, obviously, aggravated my neck issues and new back pain.
If bad luck were gold, I would be rich. lol. Any experiences or recommendations would be very much appreciated!!
Sorry you're dealing with all this. My own tally is 13 operations and counting, and daily pain is part of life for me too. Peptides take the edge off, and they've helped a fair amount with recovering from surgery and through rehab. Certainly worth a go, and stacking several at once (KLOW) is something I wouldn't hold against anyone. Pain pushes you to hunt for whatever else might work, I understand that. The best place to begin would be BPC-157, though I respond slowly and BPC needs 6 weeks before it does anything for me. One at a time is the way, so you can work out which one is doing what. Not everyone responds, and starting with a single agent before layering others on lets you keep track, and it likely costs less over time.
Separately, I've been reading up on PRP and, to a lesser extent, stem cells, and PRP for Trigger Points might be something I do here before long. My own view is that for the right person there are things worth trying that can bring relief, the position I find myself in being one. You're from up North, I see, so here's a link to a video of a man in Arizona, originally from Canada, who runs an Alternative medicine clinic here. You don't need to go and see him, but his videos are excellent and he lays out the nuances of all this in a way I can actually follow. Peptides feature in his work to a degree and he has videos on that as well. Give his back story a listen, I think you'll enjoy him. Were I better funded, I would honestly go and see him for what I want doing. Good luck, I feel your pain
View: https://youtu.be/_-nHsKgsUYM
Thank you SO much for this. What a great video. His story matches mine closely. A few more of them are on my watch list, and PRP is something I will look into.
It is not a good thing that you can relate to being in pain, but there is comfort in knowing I am not alone, and that other people are struggling and seeking relief the way I am.
In the end I could not keep living with it, so a PRP session is booked for next month. The plan covers C2 through T1, trigger point work on my upper traps and shoulder blades, plus a Hydrodissection of the Greater Occipital Nerves to deal with my migraines. What surprised the doctor is that I show no neurological issues at all and still have decent strength in both arms at this stage. The bilateral shooting pains down my arms only started about a month ago, which is what pushed me to finally talk to someone in this field. In his view I stand a 50-70% chance of a favourable or good outcome. I know that does not sound like the most optimistic forecast in the world, but from the small amount of research I have done so far I will gladly take it!
Mine is being done in town - heading out of the country was never really on the cards - and I came close to reaching out to the guy in Arizona from the video I linked. I think he would have been even more expensive, whereas the doctor here was in Network and at least the initial visit was covered. I thought you might be interested to see how this goes.
I am fairly certain hydrafil-type injections exist too. PRP will definitely help; as for the 'Hydrodissection of the Greater Occipital Nerves', that sounds like a very good alternative to having the nerve ablated.
anyhow, here is what the AI had to say for you:
For torn spinal discs - cervical as well as lumbar - the
Discseel® Procedure is a minimally invasive outpatient repair carried out in the U.S. What separates it from "fillers" such as HYDRAFIL or Discogel is the sealant it relies on: a biologic one, rather than a structural gel.
### The Two-Step Protocol
Under mild sedation the whole thing normally takes about 40 minutes and follows a specific, patented protocol:
1.
Annulogram (Diagnosis):
* With
X-ray fluoroscopy as guidance, a physician injects a contrast dye, mixed with an antibiotic, into the disc.
* This step matters because it exposes
annular tears (cracks in the wall of the disc) which MRIs routinely miss. Where the dye escapes through those cracks, the source of the pain is visually confirmed ("Leaky Disc Syndrome").
2.
Fibrin Injection (Treatment):
* With the tears located,
fibrin is injected directly into the disc space and into the tears by the physician.
* Derived from human blood proteins,
Fibrin is an FDA-approved biologic that is commonly used in surgery to stop bleeding. In this procedure the use is
off-label.
* On injection the two components, fibrinogen and thrombin, combine into a stable gel that
seals the tear instantly, stopping inflammatory disc material from leaking onto the nerves.
* Over the following
3 to 12 months that fibrin matrix serves as a scaffold, encouraging the body's own growth of new disc tissue so that the tear heals permanently.
### Regulatory And Clinical Context Worth Knowing
- FDA Status: For other medical uses - sealing surgical wounds among them - the fibrin in question does hold FDA approval. The Discseel procedure itself (injecting fibrin into discs for pain), however, is treated as investigational/experimental by the major insurers and the VA. It is an "off-label" use.
- Cervical Application: Both the marketing and the use are aimed squarely at cervical (neck) discs, targeting radiculopathy (numbness or pain in the arm) and neck pain, and giving patients an option other than fusion surgery.
- Recovery: Patients are usually walking the same day. Nothing is implanted, unlike fusion. Relief from pain often begins within a few weeks, with complete structural healing taking several months.
Best of luck with the treatments, and do let us know how it pans out.