Where's the Beef?

FLglpguy

Explorer
Joined
May 28, 2026
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
Location
FL
During my 8 weeks on Peps, I've been putting together some truly incredible salads. I skip beef and pork, only having chicken occasionally, plus fresh fruits and vegetables. Let's start a thread...what's on your plate? SHARE PHOTOS!





f2631d5877f066e6572413d11e3a3201d060a79bd45325b8cb133db7b7e56aee.webp


5157c1663373dba4d1b62726c95f25b4249264b005b1957f1b4d37d9aa803414.webp
 
Tonight, ratatouille is on my menu.

But on a more serious note: is he the kung fu king, “Hong Kong Fu Fu”? What name do people use for him where you live?
 
My wife is disabled, so cooking falls to me, though I'm not very skilled at it. We eat beef, pork, chicken, eggs, and now and then green beans or a vegetable that grows above ground. I say a prayer before the meal; she says one afterward.
 
eidos said:

Tonight, ratatouille is on my menu.

But on a more serious note: is he the kung fu king, “Hong Kong Fu Fu”? What name do people use for him where you live?
hahaha....back in my childhood, he was the one I watched! That's Hong Kong Phooey
 
Sadly I don't have a photo, but I just made a 40-mile drive for some quality bbq. Every mile was worth it, delicious.
 
My second husband was the type who’d post pictures of his lunch every day in the group chat. A friend of mine would say, "Graham, I am begging you to eat a vegetable. Any vegetable."
 
randompersonrandom said:

My second husband was the type who’d post pictures of his lunch every day in the group chat. A friend of mine would say, "Graham, I am begging you to eat a vegetable. Any vegetable."
My SO keeps a roster of vegetables deemed "edible," and it fits on a single hand!
 
4ad1e0b091f45ac2e8e948980f2f6f0863a771cb2fea3bb90af613cbe159c31e.webp


d37d8aac7aa351715a2eaef557d0f18eeeb42e2aa43377b82ece32f7cc5ac4d6.webp


b415032af14149a52b19f0554e1c13a79d5953beeab138db6f33ff507c30080a.webp


Plus a steak now and then!!

59791c151e0c9aa668dfb32b2d2f1cd60e04b23b309bf1eecfbf08bcab4b2d53.webp


b00b6838b9cbe870e7743dd2f274e09be34c564320585af7c0a6dfa66704ccaf.webp


Cooking is something I genuinely enjoy, and while on maintenance I'll treat myself to the odd meal — though not 3x daily, and not every day! 😛
 
randompersonrandom said:

My second husband was the type who’d post pictures of his lunch every day in the group chat. A friend of mine would say, "Graham, I am begging you to eat a vegetable. Any vegetable."

Since jalapeños are technically a fruit, do they get a pass?😂

I'd assume pickles work the same way

3ad985201cf3d48c31bd64acf2de337892beeb5a1b61010b651b695e22332156.webp


ecdb77aa76b35832ceb652ca951cf3cc869d83d3d947cff6834a2f053f757f8a.webp
 
f1744c0002384233d24b6004b0469b39517bfbdbd441da95e95f830da2de3028.webp


267c52446cb7963d4008366b80770c00f988efb3b4ec0e4578474a71d8191905.webp


7d75384fa962fef0e45af31cf67b181c4b62943028497e4ab73f6d66776469e3.webp


Right now I'm fully aboard the cottage cheese bandwagon…and the DIY veggie pickling one as well.

Some form of lean meat is something I aim to have daily, though cottage cheese alongside Greek yogurt goes down without any effort for me….

Salads stop appealing to me fast, so either they get reserved for nicer evening meals or I turn them into bean-based versions without any lettuce! Crunchy raw veggies are something I genuinely enjoy, but has a homemade pickled carrot stick ever crossed your plate? Heavenly.
 
woundcarping said:

randompersonrandom said:

My second husband was the type who’d post pictures of his lunch every day in the group chat. A friend of mine would say, "Graham, I am begging you to eat a vegetable. Any vegetable."

Since jalapeños are technically a fruit, do they get a pass?😂

I'd assume pickles work the same way

View attachment 10372

View attachment 10373

To my Dad, 2 vegetables on the side meant mac n cheese along with mashed potatoes

Looking at that, sides are present: limes, pickles, peppers!
 

Keep that fire burning! 70lb down in 200 days, .35lb/day, running a ~1100 calorie deficit.

From 1/30 to 6/3, during the 40lb I dropped, DEXA shows I lost under 2lb of lean mass.

1f31ea69345e34779bd90baeecfe362db837f62ca06e06d394f5d92b7335b670.webp
 
Plenty of legumes in the mix, plus brown rice, eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, tinned tuna, salmon and sardines, chicken breast and liver, spring onions, celery, yellow and red peppers, carrots and parsnips. Since reta has completely silenced my food noise, I have no desire for sweets, chocolate, chips, fast or junk food, processed items or alcohol, which means keeping my intake protein-heavy has taken little to no willpower.
 
Honestly, salads were a big part of my deficit days. I aimed for about 1200 kcal per day on average.

That's the low-calorie, low-fat way of eating.

I also whipped up plenty of pretend shrimp and chicken gumbo — no roux, only a small amount of quinoa — pardon the tomatoes, they aren't in my non-diet version.

135e89f6e0b97a4525abd1ffbaab4575cd4ae1630ff769d1a7e18fa84adceefd.webp


773628f56ccdf0769fcd05ca01ecd2d84ec441c02c6eb0b60a0a0301ae21151f.webp


Salad topped with salsa rather than dressing, plus grilled chicken

0471fd364b07b6a572f0f06b1fa15234bdf9bdda491bc52e91c6e92782a99005.webp


Black beans, brown rice, grilled chicken, and pico de gallo

75fa4ef4ac49e6e5a5ef222fbc225d9ce7175632768b8e98ca7138c7bb84a6ec.webp
 
Back
Top