Where should the purity floor sit for research peptides?

bluewater

Explorer
Joined
Mar 16, 2026
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
In your view, is there a minimum purity percentage that is broadly accepted before you would run a peptide in research?

Or does it vary by peptide?

Take these cases:

  • For certain peptides is 95% fine, while for others it is not?
  • Are 98%+ or 99%+ what you look for on particular compounds?
What I want to hear is which standards experienced researchers actually apply, and more to the point, the reasoning behind them. Data, references, or real-world experience that shaped your view — that would be much appreciated.

For myself, 99%+ is where many of my peps have landed, which I clearly take as good, yet one kit came in at 96.5% and another at 98.3%. So now I question where the line belongs.
 
Back
Top