When you factor in all the vials you've used, how long do you typically keep reta before switching to a new vial?

Going by what the data shows about how robust Reta is, I cap a recon vial at 6 weeks of use. Past that point, its purity has probably fallen under the threshold needed to meet basic standards, and since I wouldn't purchase it in that state, I wouldn't use it either.
 
BrightCandle said:

Going by what the data shows about how robust Reta is, I cap a recon vial at 6 weeks of use. Past that point, its purity has probably fallen under the threshold needed to meet basic standards, and since I wouldn't purchase it in that state, I wouldn't use it either.
There was a spreadsheet posted earlier — go take a look at it. Once you do, you might change your mind and give yourself another 2 weeks or so.
 
bockscar said:

BrightCandle said:

Going by what the data shows about how robust Reta is, I cap a recon vial at 6 weeks of use. Past that point, its purity has probably fallen under the threshold needed to meet basic standards, and since I wouldn't purchase it in that state, I wouldn't use it either.
There was a spreadsheet posted earlier — go take a look at it. Once you do, you might change your mind and give yourself another 2 weeks or so.
From what I can tell, 30 days should probably be the cap. At 45 days, 2 of the 3 samples dropped under the purity threshold, and by 60 days every single one had. Looking at this chart, 45 days comes across as somewhat questionable.
 
BrightCandle said:

Going by what the data shows about how robust Reta is, I cap a recon vial at 6 weeks of use. Past that point, its purity has probably fallen under the threshold needed to meet basic standards, and since I wouldn't purchase it in that state, I wouldn't use it either.
One thing to remember: a lot of what arrives has extra volume, and having more mass doesn't guarantee it's sterile.

Say a 34mg vial loses 5% to degradation — you'd still be left with more than 30mg.

We each have our own preferences for how long a vial stays in use after the first pin, but two factors matter here: elapsed time with its degradation, and how many times the vial has been punctured.

No meaningful loss shows up before day 90.

What that chart tracks is degradation, not purity.

Janos points out that impurities come from things like oxidation — the google definition is below.

Mass Degradation: The authentic molecular mass of retatrutide is approximately 4,731.4 g/mol. Degradation refers to how the peptide breaks down or modifies over time (e.g., via oxidation, deamidation, or fragmentation)
 
bockscar said:

I'm almost at the 90-day point. My vial is still over 50% full...but I'm leaning toward stopping it. Honestly, I suspect it may already be losing potency, just based on gut feeling LMAO. Though truthfully, I've never increased my dose, so that's probably the real reason.

Do you all stretch yours out this far, stop sooner.....or even go longer?
Roughly 15 years ago, when I first got going with HCG, the guidance from doctors was always to use it within 6 weeks at most. In a pinch you could push it to 8 weeks, but degradation would speed up noticeably by then. Beyond that window, worries about bacteria accumulating also came up.

I've carried that same habit over to the other peps I run today. Into the fridge it goes, and after 6-7 weeks I'll reconstitute a fresh one. That's just my .02 cents.
 
People really do read the same data in totally opposite ways, huh? That chart gets pulled up all the time as proof that you should panic and throw everything out the moment it starts breaking down. My takeaway is completely different: the majority of samples barely changed at 60 days, and even at 90 days they held up fine, plus there's 1 clear outlier and 1 that's just so-so. Honestly, I'm in the camp of finishing the vial completely 🤷
 
tendency said:

bockscar said:

I'm almost at the 90-day point. My vial is still over 50% full...but I'm leaning toward stopping it. Honestly, I suspect it may already be losing potency, just based on gut feeling LMAO. Though truthfully, I've never increased my dose, so that's probably the real reason.

Do you all stretch yours out this far, stop sooner.....or even go longer?
Roughly 15 years ago, when I first got going with HCG, the guidance from doctors was always to use it within 6 weeks at most. In a pinch you could push it to 8 weeks, but degradation would speed up noticeably by then. Beyond that window, worries about bacteria accumulating also came up.

I've carried that same habit over to the other peps I run today. Into the fridge it goes, and after 6-7 weeks I'll reconstitute a fresh one. That's just my .02 cents.
Since hCG isn't the same thing as a GLP1, you can't draw any conclusions from it.
 
Skidude said:

BrightCandle said:

Going by what the data shows about how robust Reta is, I cap a recon vial at 6 weeks of use. Past that point, its purity has probably fallen under the threshold needed to meet basic standards, and since I wouldn't purchase it in that state, I wouldn't use it either.
One thing to remember: a lot of what arrives has extra volume, and having more mass doesn't guarantee it's sterile.

Say a 34mg vial loses 5% to degradation — you'd still be left with more than 30mg.

We each have our own preferences for how long a vial stays in use after the first pin, but two factors matter here: elapsed time with its degradation, and how many times the vial has been punctured.

No meaningful loss shows up before day 90.

What that chart tracks is degradation, not purity.

Janos points out that impurities come from things like oxidation — the google definition is below.

Mass Degradation: The authentic molecular mass of retatrutide is approximately 4,731.4 g/mol. Degradation refers to how the peptide breaks down or modifies over time (e.g., via oxidation, deamidation, or fragmentation)
That's a solid observation. My RT15 came back at 17 and change, which means a 10% loss puts it at 17-1.7=15.3.

So even after 10% degradation, I'm still effectively dosing 15mg. Thanks to China and our people for making them a touch stronger LOL

ladyj779 said:

People really do read the same data in totally opposite ways, huh? That chart gets pulled up all the time as proof that you should panic and throw everything out the moment it starts breaking down. My takeaway is completely different: the majority of samples barely changed at 60 days, and even at 90 days they held up fine, plus there's 1 clear outlier and 1 that's just so-so. Honestly, I'm in the camp of finishing the vial completely 🤷
LOL

That's EXACTLY what ran through my head when the guy said he caps it at 30 days because of the chart....meanwhile that same chart is my own excuse for dragging this out to roughly 90 days. I'd already come across this one plus 1 other chart/study before...and honestly, everything I read for the 90 day mark looked fine to me. I'm glad skidude brought up the overfill and how it offsets degradation, because now I feel a bit more at ease about this vial. My feeling is still that best practice/ideally we'd stay nearer to 60 days.....but when you're stuck, 90 days still seems like a decent safe window for sterility and potency. Just my 2 cents, obviously
 
bockscar said:

Skidude said:

BrightCandle said:

Going by what the data shows about how robust Reta is, I cap a recon vial at 6 weeks of use. Past that point, its purity has probably fallen under the threshold needed to meet basic standards, and since I wouldn't purchase it in that state, I wouldn't use it either.
One thing to remember: a lot of what arrives has extra volume, and having more mass doesn't guarantee it's sterile.

Say a 34mg vial loses 5% to degradation — you'd still be left with more than 30mg.

We each have our own preferences for how long a vial stays in use after the first pin, but two factors matter here: elapsed time with its degradation, and how many times the vial has been punctured.

No meaningful loss shows up before day 90.

What that chart tracks is degradation, not purity.

Janos points out that impurities come from things like oxidation — the google definition is below.

Mass Degradation: The authentic molecular mass of retatrutide is approximately 4,731.4 g/mol. Degradation refers to how the peptide breaks down or modifies over time (e.g., via oxidation, deamidation, or fragmentation)
That's a solid observation. My RT15 came back at 17 and change, which means a 10% loss puts it at 17-1.7=15.3.

So even after 10% degradation, I'm still effectively dosing 15mg. Thanks to China and our people for making them a touch stronger LOL

ladyj779 said:

People really do read the same data in totally opposite ways, huh? That chart gets pulled up all the time as proof that you should panic and throw everything out the moment it starts breaking down. My takeaway is completely different: the majority of samples barely changed at 60 days, and even at 90 days they held up fine, plus there's 1 clear outlier and 1 that's just so-so. Honestly, I'm in the camp of finishing the vial completely 🤷
LOL

That's EXACTLY what ran through my head when the guy said he caps it at 30 days because of the chart....meanwhile that same chart is my own excuse for dragging this out to roughly 90 days. I'd already come across this one plus 1 other chart/study before...and honestly, everything I read for the 90 day mark looked fine to me. I'm glad skidude brought up the overfill and how it offsets degradation, because now I feel a bit more at ease about this vial. My feeling is still that best practice/ideally we'd stay nearer to 60 days.....but when you're stuck, 90 days still seems like a decent safe window for sterility and potency. Just my 2 cents, obviously
Beyond that, there are other things to weigh: how much air gets introduced, how many times you puncture the stopper, whether storage stays sterile, and so on.

Someone micro dosing could divide the vial into portions as a way around those concerns; everyone's tolerance for risk is different. The bottom line is we're already saving a ton, so the real question is what the dose costs on r10 versus r60 when you're taking 1 mg. For R10 that works out to roughly $1 per mg; paying about a dollar a week for peace of mind might be reasonable... I'd go with the R10
 
CheetosYum said:

mrblu said:

Skidude said:

GLPFrodo said:

cloratheshadow said:

For me, 2 months is the ceiling. Say you're working with a 60mg vial — my approach would be to split it into 3 vials of 20mg each.
How does that actually make a difference? Once it's mixed, the clock is running regardless of whether the powder was split across 1 vial or 3. What am I not getting here?

I'm in the same camp as you with 8 weeks. There's decent evidence out there showing Tirz and Sema hold up fine at 90 days, but I haven't come across anything Reta-specific yet.
Exactly what @CheetosYum pointed out..

Still, the best case is picking a vial size that you'll finish in roughly 60 days, or a bit less if you can't manage that. That matters even more for Reta, since there's a chart showing it undergoes notable degradation by day 45
Do you happen to have that chart available? I'd really like to get it as a reference.
I don't know whether this is the same one @Skidude meant, but I came across this.
This is the mean across every Reta data point, averaged together. Just to make it more visual.





4a488259a40458a6a54cfec27298900b20f5bc7a157432c0f421427bb325742b.webp
 
I aim to finish off any peps inside 6 weeks, before they lose too much potency. Shelling out for a bigger quantity makes no sense if half of it spoils before you get to it.
 
Skidude said:

bockscar said:

Skidude said:

BrightCandle said:

Going by what the data shows about how robust Reta is, I cap a recon vial at 6 weeks of use. Past that point, its purity has probably fallen under the threshold needed to meet basic standards, and since I wouldn't purchase it in that state, I wouldn't use it either.
One thing to remember: a lot of what arrives has extra volume, and having more mass doesn't guarantee it's sterile.

Say a 34mg vial loses 5% to degradation — you'd still be left with more than 30mg.

We each have our own preferences for how long a vial stays in use after the first pin, but two factors matter here: elapsed time with its degradation, and how many times the vial has been punctured.

No meaningful loss shows up before day 90.

What that chart tracks is degradation, not purity.

Janos points out that impurities come from things like oxidation — the google definition is below.

Mass Degradation: The authentic molecular mass of retatrutide is approximately 4,731.4 g/mol. Degradation refers to how the peptide breaks down or modifies over time (e.g., via oxidation, deamidation, or fragmentation)
That's a solid observation. My RT15 came back at 17 and change, which means a 10% loss puts it at 17-1.7=15.3.

So even after 10% degradation, I'm still effectively dosing 15mg. Thanks to China and our people for making them a touch stronger LOL

ladyj779 said:

People really do read the same data in totally opposite ways, huh? That chart gets pulled up all the time as proof that you should panic and throw everything out the moment it starts breaking down. My takeaway is completely different: the majority of samples barely changed at 60 days, and even at 90 days they held up fine, plus there's 1 clear outlier and 1 that's just so-so. Honestly, I'm in the camp of finishing the vial completely 🤷
LOL

That's EXACTLY what ran through my head when the guy said he caps it at 30 days because of the chart....meanwhile that same chart is my own excuse for dragging this out to roughly 90 days. I'd already come across this one plus 1 other chart/study before...and honestly, everything I read for the 90 day mark looked fine to me. I'm glad skidude brought up the overfill and how it offsets degradation, because now I feel a bit more at ease about this vial. My feeling is still that best practice/ideally we'd stay nearer to 60 days.....but when you're stuck, 90 days still seems like a decent safe window for sterility and potency. Just my 2 cents, obviously
Beyond that, there are other things to weigh: how much air gets introduced, how many times you puncture the stopper, whether storage stays sterile, and so on.

Someone micro dosing could divide the vial into portions as a way around those concerns; everyone's tolerance for risk is different. The bottom line is we're already saving a ton, so the real question is what the dose costs on r10 versus r60 when you're taking 1 mg. For R10 that works out to roughly $1 per mg; paying about a dollar a week for peace of mind might be reasonable... I'd go with the R10
Same here. My first vial was 15 mg, and I ran it for 4 weeks: 1 mg, then 1.5, then 2, and 2.5 this week. Next week I'll go to 3. Thursday morning, 2.5 made itself known. My stomach was not happy.
 
I put my unopened 30mg batch of perfectly fine reconstituted tirz aside, and instead I've been injecting tirz that was compounded 65 days ago and has just been sitting in the fridge...Fridays are normally my 5mg dose, but when I pulled it, that syringe plunger slid down closer to 5.5mg...On the next draw the syringe will likely drift down a little again until it's finished. Wasting it makes no sense....After that I'll go back to that lovely T30 stuff.... 👍
 
bockscar said:

I'm almost at the 90-day point. My vial is still over 50% full...but I'm leaning toward stopping it. Honestly, I suspect it may already be losing potency, just based on gut feeling LMAO. Though truthfully, I've never increased my dose, so that's probably the real reason.

Do you all stretch yours out this far, stop sooner.....or even go longer?
With every pep I have, I just keep using it right up until there's nothing left. After reviewing plenty of degradation test data, I feel fine stretching it to 120 days post-reconstitution without issue.
 
FamousGoodkitty said:

bockscar said:

I'm almost at the 90-day point. My vial is still over 50% full...but I'm leaning toward stopping it. Honestly, I suspect it may already be losing potency, just based on gut feeling LMAO. Though truthfully, I've never increased my dose, so that's probably the real reason.

Do you all stretch yours out this far, stop sooner.....or even go longer?
With every pep I have, I just keep using it right up until there's nothing left. After reviewing plenty of degradation test data, I feel fine stretching it to 120 days post-reconstitution without issue.
That's great to hear! From now on I'm treating it as settled 😆👍
 
FamousGoodkitty said:

bockscar said:

I'm almost at the 90-day point. My vial is still over 50% full...but I'm leaning toward stopping it. Honestly, I suspect it may already be losing potency, just based on gut feeling LMAO. Though truthfully, I've never increased my dose, so that's probably the real reason.

Do you all stretch yours out this far, stop sooner.....or even go longer?
With every pep I have, I just keep using it right up until there's nothing left. After reviewing plenty of degradation test data, I feel fine stretching it to 120 days post-reconstitution without issue.
Now that we've got the OG hanging around in here, I'd like to pick your brain about pinning.

I'm open to shifting my views whenever new information comes along, so if I've got something wrong, I'd be glad to be set straight.

A vial has never gone in the trash on my watch just for being "too old", but my gut says that with a T60 where I was doing 1 mg a week for more than a year, the thing would simply see too many pins..

Is there a figure you're aware of, tied to how old it is and how much it's been used, that would make you stop and think?

Appreciate your thoughts!
 
acc

CheetosYum said:

mrblu said:

Skidude said:

GLPFrodo said:

cloratheshadow said:

For me, 2 months is the ceiling. Say you're working with a 60mg vial — my approach would be to split it into 3 vials of 20mg each.
How does that actually make a difference? Once it's mixed, the clock is running regardless of whether the powder was split across 1 vial or 3. What am I not getting here?

I'm in the same camp as you with 8 weeks. There's decent evidence out there showing Tirz and Sema hold up fine at 90 days, but I haven't come across anything Reta-specific yet.
Exactly what @CheetosYum pointed out..

Still, the best case is picking a vial size that you'll finish in roughly 60 days, or a bit less if you can't manage that. That matters even more for Reta, since there's a chart showing it undergoes notable degradation by day 45
Do you happen to have that chart available? I'd really like to get it as a reference.
I don't know whether this is the same one @Skidude meant, but I came across this.
that chart suggests tirz gets more concentrated the longer it sits out 🤣

/jk - I get it's just standard fluctuation, but damn that's a remarkably stable compound
 
FamousGoodkitty said:

bockscar said:

I'm almost at the 90-day point. My vial is still over 50% full...but I'm leaning toward stopping it. Honestly, I suspect it may already be losing potency, just based on gut feeling LMAO. Though truthfully, I've never increased my dose, so that's probably the real reason.

Do you all stretch yours out this far, stop sooner.....or even go longer?
With every pep I have, I just keep using it right up until there's nothing left. After reviewing plenty of degradation test data, I feel fine stretching it to 120 days post-reconstitution without issue.
What was it that Baretta said? That's something you can take to the Bank!
 
Skidude said:

FamousGoodkitty said:

bockscar said:

I'm almost at the 90-day point. My vial is still over 50% full...but I'm leaning toward stopping it. Honestly, I suspect it may already be losing potency, just based on gut feeling LMAO. Though truthfully, I've never increased my dose, so that's probably the real reason.

Do you all stretch yours out this far, stop sooner.....or even go longer?
With every pep I have, I just keep using it right up until there's nothing left. After reviewing plenty of degradation test data, I feel fine stretching it to 120 days post-reconstitution without issue.
Now that we've got the OG hanging around in here, I'd like to pick your brain about pinning.

I'm open to shifting my views whenever new information comes along, so if I've got something wrong, I'd be glad to be set straight.

A vial has never gone in the trash on my watch just for being "too old", but my gut says that with a T60 where I was doing 1 mg a week for more than a year, the thing would simply see too many pins..

Is there a figure you're aware of, tied to how old it is and how much it's been used, that would make you stop and think?

Appreciate your thoughts!
hmm, yeah, I figure stretching past a year gets iffy once you've stabbed the same vial again and again. Where's my cutoff? No clue. 120 days already feels fine to me, and I seriously doubt I'd push beyond 180 days. If my dose were only 1 mg per week, there's no way I'd bother with big vials. I'd stick to 10 mg or 20 mg sizes.
 
Back
Top