When you factor in all the vials you've used, how long do you typically keep reta before switching to a new vial?

bockscar

Explorer
Joined
May 14, 2026
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Location
usa
I'm almost at the 90-day point. My vial is still over 50% full...but I'm leaning toward stopping it. Honestly, I suspect it may already be losing potency, just based on gut feeling LMAO. Though truthfully, I've never increased my dose, so that's probably the real reason.

Do you all stretch yours out this far, stop sooner.....or even go longer?
 
bockscar said:

I'm almost at the 90-day point. My vial is still over 50% full...but I'm leaning toward stopping it. Honestly, I suspect it may already be losing potency, just based on gut feeling LMAO. Though truthfully, I've never increased my dose, so that's probably the real reason.

Do you all stretch yours out this far, stop sooner.....or even go longer?
Which vial strength (in mg) are you using, and what's your current dosage?...
 
For me, 2 months is the ceiling. Say you're working with a 60mg vial — my approach would be to split it into 3 vials of 20mg each.
 
Vash said:

With every pep I've purchased, I pick vial sizes that cover 4-6 weeks. 8 at the most.
I had been holding off for a few reasons, but I'm leaning toward switching at 8 weeks as well. Nothing concrete, just a feeling, yet I do believe it's not working as well
 
cloratheshadow said:

For me, 2 months is the ceiling. Say you're working with a 60mg vial — my approach would be to split it into 3 vials of 20mg each.
oh that's a great suggestion, never crossed my mind! 🙏
 
cloratheshadow said:

For me, 2 months is the ceiling. Say you're working with a 60mg vial — my approach would be to split it into 3 vials of 20mg each.
Silly question - what's your method for splitting it equally, and what's the reason for not simply putting everything into a single vial? Do you like to dilute it more?
 
mrblu said:

cloratheshadow said:

For me, 2 months is the ceiling. Say you're working with a 60mg vial — my approach would be to split it into 3 vials of 20mg each.
Silly question - what's your method for splitting it equally, and what's the reason for not simply putting everything into a single vial? Do you like to dilute it more?
Once everything is reconstituted, you can transfer it into sterile vials.

Take a target like 60mg/6ml as an example.

Start by putting 2 ml into the vial, let it reconstitute, then transfer that 2ml into a bigger container, say a 10ml vial.

After that, add 4 ml and stir it thoroughly.

From there, pull 2 ml of the mixed solution and put it into a new vial, doing this 2x.

That leaves you at 10mg.1ml.

Every vial would hold 20mg/2ml BAC.

The upside is that each vial only gets opened when you need it, instead of having 1 vial that ends up with 10-15 pins in it.

My advice is to buy smaller kits until your usage goes up. It is easier that way.

bockscar said:

I'm almost at the 90-day point. My vial is still over 50% full...but I'm leaning toward stopping it. Honestly, I suspect it may already be losing potency, just based on gut feeling LMAO. Though truthfully, I've never increased my dose, so that's probably the real reason.

Do you all stretch yours out this far, stop sooner.....or even go longer?
At that stage reta does break down, and if those are the doses you are running, smaller mass kits would probably serve you better.
 
Vash said:

With every pep I've purchased, I pick vial sizes that cover 4-6 weeks. 8 at the most.
That's my approach too. Right now I'm on 5mg per week, which means each 30mg vial gets used up. Sitting in the freezer I've got 20, 15, and 10 kits, waiting for when I eventually taper down to a maintenance dose. If I ended up at 1mg per week, I'd probably be hunting for a 5mg kit, haha.
 
cloratheshadow said:

For me, 2 months is the ceiling. Say you're working with a 60mg vial — my approach would be to split it into 3 vials of 20mg each.
How does that actually make a difference? Once it's mixed, the clock is running regardless of whether the powder was split across 1 vial or 3. What am I not getting here?

I'm in the same camp as you with 8 weeks. There's decent evidence out there showing Tirz and Sema hold up fine at 90 days, but I haven't come across anything Reta-specific yet.
 
GLPFrodo said:

cloratheshadow said:

For me, 2 months is the ceiling. Say you're working with a 60mg vial — my approach would be to split it into 3 vials of 20mg each.
How does that actually make a difference? Once it's mixed, the clock is running regardless of whether the powder was split across 1 vial or 3. What am I not getting here?

I'm in the same camp as you with 8 weeks. There's decent evidence out there showing Tirz and Sema hold up fine at 90 days, but I haven't come across anything Reta-specific yet.
Based on what I've come across, each time a needle goes into the vial, there's a risk of bacteria getting in and multiplying. That's why the approach is to use up one vial before moving on, so the remaining vials last longer.
 
GLPFrodo said:

cloratheshadow said:

For me, 2 months is the ceiling. Say you're working with a 60mg vial — my approach would be to split it into 3 vials of 20mg each.
How does that actually make a difference? Once it's mixed, the clock is running regardless of whether the powder was split across 1 vial or 3. What am I not getting here?

I'm in the same camp as you with 8 weeks. There's decent evidence out there showing Tirz and Sema hold up fine at 90 days, but I haven't come across anything Reta-specific yet.
Exactly what @CheetosYum pointed out..

Still, the best case is picking a vial size that you'll finish in roughly 60 days, or a bit less if you can't manage that. That matters even more for Reta, since there's a chart showing it undergoes notable degradation by day 45
 
I've gone through reconstituted R60 vials that were mixed over 4 months back. They're still effective, showing only slight degradation, since I've managed to keep my weight steady at the same dosage.
 
Skidude said:

GLPFrodo said:

cloratheshadow said:

For me, 2 months is the ceiling. Say you're working with a 60mg vial — my approach would be to split it into 3 vials of 20mg each.
How does that actually make a difference? Once it's mixed, the clock is running regardless of whether the powder was split across 1 vial or 3. What am I not getting here?

I'm in the same camp as you with 8 weeks. There's decent evidence out there showing Tirz and Sema hold up fine at 90 days, but I haven't come across anything Reta-specific yet.
Exactly what @CheetosYum pointed out..

Still, the best case is picking a vial size that you'll finish in roughly 60 days, or a bit less if you can't manage that. That matters even more for Reta, since there's a chart showing it undergoes notable degradation by day 45
Do you happen to have that chart available? I'd really like to get it as a reference.
 
mrblu said:

Skidude said:

GLPFrodo said:

cloratheshadow said:

For me, 2 months is the ceiling. Say you're working with a 60mg vial — my approach would be to split it into 3 vials of 20mg each.
How does that actually make a difference? Once it's mixed, the clock is running regardless of whether the powder was split across 1 vial or 3. What am I not getting here?

I'm in the same camp as you with 8 weeks. There's decent evidence out there showing Tirz and Sema hold up fine at 90 days, but I haven't come across anything Reta-specific yet.
Exactly what @CheetosYum pointed out..

Still, the best case is picking a vial size that you'll finish in roughly 60 days, or a bit less if you can't manage that. That matters even more for Reta, since there's a chart showing it undergoes notable degradation by day 45
Do you happen to have that chart available? I'd really like to get it as a reference.
I don't know whether this is the same one @Skidude meant, but I came across this.
 
I believe I'm at 4 mos now.. because I lowered my dose and I'm still working through 30mg vials.

I draw with a pen, and I stay strict about my routine.

Cloudiness and how it feels are things I check every time. No problems yet
 
Skidude said:

GLPFrodo said:

cloratheshadow said:

For me, 2 months is the ceiling. Say you're working with a 60mg vial — my approach would be to split it into 3 vials of 20mg each.
How does that actually make a difference? Once it's mixed, the clock is running regardless of whether the powder was split across 1 vial or 3. What am I not getting here?

I'm in the same camp as you with 8 weeks. There's decent evidence out there showing Tirz and Sema hold up fine at 90 days, but I haven't come across anything Reta-specific yet.
Exactly what @CheetosYum pointed out..

Still, the best case is picking a vial size that you'll finish in roughly 60 days, or a bit less if you can't manage that. That matters even more for Reta, since there's a chart showing it undergoes notable degradation by day 45
Right now this is the thing I'm wrestling with. From day one my dose has sat at .6mg/week, and my preference would be to keep it in that neighborhood, capping out at 1 or 2 mg per week at most....that said, if I slam into a total wall I'm open to titrating upward. That makes a 15-20 kit the sweet spot....except I plan to run ID/Endo/Sterility testing on everything, which lands around 350 per round, possibly a touch higher if I decide to add a second vial. My leaning is to simply stock up on 30s in case I do titrate up...plus testing multiple dosages burns through money fast, AND one full set of tests costs roughly what 4 kits cost. So I'm stuck, because if I buy several doses that means 3-4 fewer kits I can afford.

redbullwings said:

I'll risk saying it: however long it takes until that vial is empty 👀
Feels like I'm only about halfway to that 90 day mark 😬
 
desinr-gal said:

I believe I'm at 4 mos now.. because I lowered my dose and I'm still working through 30mg vials.

I draw with a pen, and I stay strict about my routine.

Cloudiness and how it feels are things I check every time. No problems yet
I do the same thing: wipe it down, wait for it to dry, then straight back into its baggie once dry, and that bag goes into the garage fridge. That fridge is from the 90s and gets a lot colder than fridges made today....LMAO
 
Back
Top