When to dose Mots-C for cardio

gimmeshelter

Explorer
Joined
Feb 22, 2026
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
Location
NC
Some Mots is on my shelf, and my plan was to use it a couple hrs ahead of either a cardio or a gym session ( I road bike ride 30-60 miles at a time and it's intense cardio) Taking 15mg across 3 days in a given week was not the plan, for example. ONLY before I jump on my road bike.

Threads I have seen claim it would boost performance, others claim the opposite. Since mots is cheap, grabbing a kit and trying it was worth it, I figured. Beating others is not the boost I am after; a hard session with the gains coming from it is.

Have other RS used mots with success right before endurance work? Starting low, 5mg, and going up from there is what I have in mind. From what I have read, as much as 15mg is needed for performance gains w the range being 10-15mg.
 
Tagging along.

A kit of MOTS-C is ready to go, but it hasn't been started yet, since KLOW is what I am still experimenting with and I don't want to make it complicated.

Cardio isn't even really my thing, I jog sometimes? Squatting is all I want.
 
gimmeshelter said:

Some Mots is on my shelf, and my plan was to use it a couple hrs ahead of either a cardio or a gym session ( I road bike ride 30-60 miles at a time and it's intense cardio) Taking 15mg across 3 days in a given week was not the plan, for example. ONLY before I jump on my road bike.

Threads I have seen claim it would boost performance, others claim the opposite. Since mots is cheap, grabbing a kit and trying it was worth it, I figured. Beating others is not the boost I am after; a hard session with the gains coming from it is.

Have other RS used mots with success right before endurance work? Starting low, 5mg, and going up from there is what I have in mind. From what I have read, as much as 15mg is needed for performance gains w the range being 10-15mg.

On dosing, going above 10 mg for MOTS-c is something I would never do, personally. A systemic reaction would only seem likelier. On the same grounds, IM is out for me; subq only.

Gemini says:

Higher doses don't necessarily provide linear benefits, but they exponentially increase the likelihood of systemic side effects like flushing, rapid heart rate, or widespread lethargy. Keeping it at or below 10 mg manages that risk profile effectively.

Click to expand...
By the way, asking AI for tips to prevent ISRs on MOTS-c is what I would do. Mixing KPV into the same syringe may be one option, together with taking breaks away from it. Reconning the KPV with saline BAC is possible.
 
mybodyisasewer said:

Tagging along.

A kit of MOTS-C is ready to go, but it hasn't been started yet, since KLOW is what I am still experimenting with and I don't want to make it complicated.

Cardio isn't even really my thing, I jog sometimes? Squatting is all I want.
Ya mots-t should boost u before workouts, but so does 200mg caffeine . Whether mots makes a measurable difference for endurance is the claim . Avg watts on a hard ride are something I could measure , and 3-4% above my normal would look like a legit difference rather than placebo, I think. Who knows w r all RS's!

KLOW is for repair, skin & inflammation, correct ? Got some for a buddy off GB, was chhheap

Calm Logic said:

gimmeshelter said:

Some Mots is on my shelf, and my plan was to use it a couple hrs ahead of either a cardio or a gym session ( I road bike ride 30-60 miles at a time and it's intense cardio) Taking 15mg across 3 days in a given week was not the plan, for example. ONLY before I jump on my road bike.

Threads I have seen claim it would boost performance, others claim the opposite. Since mots is cheap, grabbing a kit and trying it was worth it, I figured. Beating others is not the boost I am after; a hard session with the gains coming from it is.

Have other RS used mots with success right before endurance work? Starting low, 5mg, and going up from there is what I have in mind. From what I have read, as much as 15mg is needed for performance gains w the range being 10-15mg.

On dosing, going above 10 mg for MOTS-c is something I would never do, personally. A systemic reaction would only seem likelier. On the same grounds, IM is out for me; subq only.

Gemini says:

Higher doses don't necessarily provide linear benefits, but they exponentially increase the likelihood of systemic side effects like flushing, rapid heart rate, or widespread lethargy. Keeping it at or below 10 mg manages that risk profile effectively.

Click to expand...
By the way, asking AI for tips to prevent ISRs on MOTS-c is what I would do. Mixing KPV into the same syringe may be one option, together with taking breaks away from it. Reconning the KPV with saline BAC is possible.
posts on that I have seen , starting low and watching for reactions is my plan , were I to get a big reaction now I'd prolly just give it up, since another pepper is not something I want to introduce, trying to keep it simple
 
jbrown15 said:


I run MOTS-C and pin at 5mg three times a week. I love it, seen great results with it while running a mitochondria stack for the last 9 weeks.

Click to expand...
So a 9 week cycle at 15mg a week? Are u oin at the same time, or an hr or so ahead of ur run?
 
2mg of Motsc goes up my nose via a nasal spray before my morning run. Slightly more endurance than without is how I feel. That said, improving my insulin resistance is a current project of mine. The same effects shouldn't be expected in someone whose insulin signaling is better.
 
8mg EOD MOTS-c is what I go with, alternating with NAD+ 100mg. Fasted, both in the AM pre workout. After lunch, SS31 10mg daily. Optimal is what my mitochondria is now. 6 months of running so far.
 
chewonmysac said:

8mg EOD MOTS-c is what I go with, alternating with NAD+ 100mg. Fasted, both in the AM pre workout. After lunch, SS31 10mg daily. Optimal is what my mitochondria is now. 6 months of running so far.
Have you run that calculation yourself,

HOMA-IR (the Homeostatic Model Assessment for Insulin Resistance)

as a way to gauge mitochondrial function?
 
Turbo-Farmer said:

chewonmysac said:

8mg EOD MOTS-c is what I go with, alternating with NAD+ 100mg. Fasted, both in the AM pre workout. After lunch, SS31 10mg daily. Optimal is what my mitochondria is now. 6 months of running so far.
Have you run that calculation yourself,

HOMA-IR (the Homeostatic Model Assessment for Insulin Resistance)

as a way to gauge mitochondrial function?
I have not. Insulin and glucose will be added to blood work this week. Will report back. How well I feel with everything dialed in is all I am going by. Diet, exercise and sleep. HGH was started 10 days ago, so some action from that is expected. Some of the insulin resistance is hopefully being offset by the Tirz.
 
MOT-C giving a boost is hard to argue against

Assuming the suspected mechanism holds and AMPK is activated, energy will be pulled from every source your body can find
 
At 5 mg pre-cardio my energy stays very stable, and a long session is possible with no noticeable drop. The downside comes later in the day, well after the cardio, when I feel completely drained — almost like the tank was emptied and my overall energy took a big hit.

1–2 mg daily is what some people use, I know, and whether a lower dose would give more consistent energy for cardio without that delayed crash is what I am wondering. SS-31 was used by me both before and during this period, and even so, the exhaustion afterwards didn't seem to be prevented by it.
 
gimmeshelter said:

Some Mots is on my shelf, and my plan was to use it a couple hrs ahead of either a cardio or a gym session ( I road bike ride 30-60 miles at a time and it's intense cardio) Taking 15mg across 3 days in a given week was not the plan, for example. ONLY before I jump on my road bike.

Threads I have seen claim it would boost performance, others claim the opposite. Since mots is cheap, grabbing a kit and trying it was worth it, I figured. Beating others is not the boost I am after; a hard session with the gains coming from it is.

Have other RS used mots with success right before endurance work? Starting low, 5mg, and going up from there is what I have in mind. From what I have read, as much as 15mg is needed for performance gains w the range being 10-15mg.
3.33mg Mots-C in the morning, every other day, is my routine, and much more endurance in the gym and in the cardio after weight training is what I have noticed. Between weight training, cardio and sauna afterwards, the gym takes up like 2hrs a day, and the whole thing feels great.

Getting healthier and more in shape could be placebo, maybe… but it has definitely helped since I started it, I feel.
 
Yep. Cardio gets a big boost. Honestly, 5mg is what I do, though 2.5mg looks nearly as effective. 30-1hr before cardio
 
Do you know, from experience, how endurance effects shift once MOTS is stopped? Are the effects maintained, or must you basically stay on it forever if the boost is what you want? Aerobic base is what I mean, but also hard Zone4/5 intensities.
 
Turbo-Farmer said:

chewonmysac said:

8mg EOD MOTS-c is what I go with, alternating with NAD+ 100mg. Fasted, both in the AM pre workout. After lunch, SS31 10mg daily. Optimal is what my mitochondria is now. 6 months of running so far.
Have you run that calculation yourself,

HOMA-IR (the Homeostatic Model Assessment for Insulin Resistance)

as a way to gauge mitochondrial function?
Labs came back today and my HOMA-IR landed at .80, right in the range it should be.
 
chewonmysac said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

chewonmysac said:

8mg EOD MOTS-c is what I go with, alternating with NAD+ 100mg. Fasted, both in the AM pre workout. After lunch, SS31 10mg daily. Optimal is what my mitochondria is now. 6 months of running so far.
Have you run that calculation yourself,

HOMA-IR (the Homeostatic Model Assessment for Insulin Resistance)

as a way to gauge mitochondrial function?
Labs came back today and my HOMA-IR landed at .80, right in the range it should be.
That's great news — sounds like your mitochondria are already running well enough that extra MOTS-c may not add all that much.
 
Turbo-Farmer said:

chewonmysac said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

chewonmysac said:

8mg EOD MOTS-c is what I go with, alternating with NAD+ 100mg. Fasted, both in the AM pre workout. After lunch, SS31 10mg daily. Optimal is what my mitochondria is now. 6 months of running so far.
Have you run that calculation yourself,

HOMA-IR (the Homeostatic Model Assessment for Insulin Resistance)

as a way to gauge mitochondrial function?
Labs came back today and my HOMA-IR landed at .80, right in the range it should be.
That's great news — sounds like your mitochondria are already running well enough that extra MOTS-c may not add all that much.
Taking a 90-day break from MOTS-c starting now. This past week I kept crashing after lunch and could not work out which compound was responsible — ruling things out one at a time, MOTS-c was the one. Once my body has had its fill of it, homocysteine starts climbing, which is the usual pattern for me. NAD+ every other day and SS-31 daily will carry on as before. Being a lab rat is a grind.
 
Back
Top