Main75 said:
joseblo said:
If it's still in powder form — puck intact, no dampness inside, vacuum still holding — my own take is that a freezer keeps it viable for years. With Tirz, room temperature might not ruin it for years either?!? (I wouldn't count on that, though). As long as it remains freeze dried, a freezer defrost cycle is nothing to stress over; simply store it away from light and in a cool spot.Main75 said:
I'm curious too — from what I gather, the real enemies are freeze-thaw cycles and moisture. My approach is to keep everything inside insulated containers in the freezer.tubby said:
I'm curious—what source are you getting the freezing response details from?joseblo said:
For such a small dose, that kit is huge! I’d never keep a vial going past 25 weeks (even with my high risk tolerance, 8–12 weeks is my cutoff). Reta doesn’t hold up well when frozen (Tirz is different), so if you’re hoping vials will stay good for even part of that stretch, your best bet is to filter and reconstitute into several sterile carts (or vials). That way, after mixing, you’ll only puncture one vial 10–15 times and can keep the others cold and away from light.onewalker said:
Could you clarify what a full kit consists of?Nopenada said:
Right now, I've got a single complete Reta kit. My approach is to shed the pounds I'm aiming to lose, then stay on a maintenance dose pretty much indefinitely. Curious what kind of quantities other folks are storing up?
I figure the amount I can sensibly stock will come down to how long it stays stable before breaking down. Is there any reliable data on that yet?
From a vendor on this board, I placed an order for a single kit containing 10 vials, each with 50 mg of Retatrutide - shipping is expected to begin on February 28, once Chinese New Year has passed.
At my present dose of just 2 mg/week (this morning was my first 2 mg injection, following 2 weeks at 1 mg/week), that works out to 250 weeks of peptide.I'm not sure what my final dose will be, but it seems like I won't need to restock for quite some time.
You’ve got plenty! It was inexpensive. If anything seems even slightly wrong, throw it out. Sorry to be a downer. Check out a recon calculator such as btpepcalc in my tagline below.
There’s no rush. If it’s coming from China, you probably won’t have it before mid March. Research what you need to order sterile carts, syringes, and filters, and how to use them. Vendors are listed here, and there are videos showing the process. Best of luck!
From what I've come across, tirz has a reputation for holding up well under freezing, but that doesn't automatically mean reta behaves the same way. I wasn't aware that reta was considered to do badly in that area (as opposed to just being unknown).
Every modern freezer comes with that handy "frost free" function, but here's the thing: nothing magical is actually going on. "Frost free" just means the freezer periodically warms up to melt away the frost.... neat feature, but it's bad news for peptides or honestly for any food you want to store long term.
Some freezers are manual defrost models, and those are the ones you want for keeping things fresh longer.... or, like me, you try to dodge the thaw cycle in a modern freezer by using insulated containers
Putting your BAC in the freezer? Not advisable. That said, if it happened by mistake, I'd likely still use it (because I'm both frugal and a bit reckless). Wishing you the best on your journey!
TRIZ holding up in the fridge for that stretch is news to me ...so blocking light is all triz needs, then. Even so, for months or maybe years of doors opening and closing, I'd probably still put it in something insulated against temperature swings.
On the storage question, this may come off as overkill, but I dislike revisiting a decision, so my preference is to set things up once in the best possible conditions for freshness and then leave it alone until the moment it gets used, no matter when that is.
Freeze dried isn't guaranteed to be as flawless as people assume either, since my baseline assumption is zero moisture in an ideal scenario plus a container with no defects, while temperature cycling affects every organic material, and so do vibrations accumulating over time (compressor cycling) along with doors being opened and closed across a year.
For long-term vibration damping I'm a fan of the silicon holders, and for temperature fluctuation the hydrapeak insulated containers, which feels simple and keeps things steady
Likely far more than necessary, but out of sight out of mind, plus fast labeling and then tucked away until it's needed.
If you add freezer bags, desiccant pucks, and keep everything in an insulated container, that would take care of about half the worries you listed. It's likely more than you need and not really necessary, but if it gives you the mental comfort of feeling fully prepared, none of those items cost very much.
Plus, once you've gone all the way to Mad Max-level readiness for preserving your peptides, you've probably crossed into overdoing it—since in a world like that, I'd guess obesity wouldn't be much of a problem anymore.