What's the deal with peptide ads on social media?

Flowerss said:

Lately, while I've been scrolling endlessly on TikTok, I keep seeing ads pop up that showcase peptide manufacturing facilities, all claiming to be 'genuine Chinese sources.' A bunch of them are obviously made with AI, and the rest just look cheap.

Of course, I'd never actually buy anything from an ad on social media—they come across as super sketchy!

I was just curious if anyone here has any details or personal stories about these. 🌸
Roughly 30 days back, someone I know published a post that included details about the US vendor they use. It got flagged by the platform right away. After they appealed for a review, the whole account got removed for breaking the rules. Organic conversations between regular users are being treated with extreme severity.

But around that same period, my feed has been flooded with paid promotions from telehealth companies pushing those very same products.

That looks like a glaring double standard to me. Ordinary accounts and personal threads get shut down in no time, yet business medical services can run aggressive paid ad campaigns without issue.

  • Have any of you also noticed a jump in these sponsored telehealth ads?
  • Did anyone else have their personal posts flagged or lose an account lately?
I'd like to know what you all think is behind this abrupt change!
 
I think you nailed it when you worked out where the line is. Those are paid promotions. Social media platforms aren’t going to let anyone advertise for free…
 
I tap on a minimum of 1 every day. By continually signaling to the algorithm that peptide ads appeal to me, it will continue serving me additional ones. When each ad that appears is a peptide ad, disregarding all ads becomes far simpler.
 
Svartr said:

My guess is a handful of those are resellers, though most are probably scams. To me it isn't worth gambling on, and I would never purchase anything through a TikTok ad.

Still, the speed at which peptides blew up is genuinely alarming. It feels like every single person and their dog is on them right now, and the resellers are raking in a fortune.
omg I'm so invested in watching that dog's progress 😭😭
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

BNLFL said:

That explains the flood of newcomers we've been getting, and I'll leave it at that regarding the newbs.
yeah, but at some point we were all new to GLP1Chat as well, sitting on Zippitys lap, eyes wide, milk across our upper lip.

And these days???

😅🤣😂
I hope to one day be exactly like you all.
 
puttmayn said:

Svartr said:

My guess is a handful of those are resellers, though most are probably scams. To me it isn't worth gambling on, and I would never purchase anything through a TikTok ad.

Still, the speed at which peptides blew up is genuinely alarming. It feels like every single person and their dog is on them right now, and the resellers are raking in a fortune.
omg I'm so invested in watching that dog's progress 😭😭
Honestly, I feel the exact same way! Watching him zip around while those hind legs just trail behind... assuming the protocol really is doing its job, then I'm absolutely thrilled for the little guy's life!
 
viglnt26 said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

BNLFL said:

That explains the flood of newcomers we've been getting, and I'll leave it at that regarding the newbs.
yeah, but at some point we were all new to GLP1Chat as well, sitting on Zippitys lap, eyes wide, milk across our upper lip.

And these days???

😅🤣😂
I hope to one day be exactly like you all.
Haha
 
spanky2026 said:

What is TikTok?

Kidding aside, that place is a swamp full of rip-offs, and peptides are merely the newest version of it. I kept TikTok installed for just 5 minutes one time and then hit "uninstall."
I'm in the same boat. Back in 2020, when it was at its peak, it didn't appeal to me at all. If I'm going to watch 30 second videos, I'd rather just check out YouTube shorts. After all, that's where they all wind up in the end.
 
Back
Top