What's the deal with peptide ads on social media?

Flowerss

Explorer
Joined
Jun 8, 2026
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
Lately, while I've been scrolling endlessly on TikTok, I keep seeing ads pop up that showcase peptide manufacturing facilities, all claiming to be 'genuine Chinese sources.' A bunch of them are obviously made with AI, and the rest just look cheap.

Of course, I'd never actually buy anything from an ad on social media—they come across as super sketchy!

I was just curious if anyone here has any details or personal stories about these. 🌸
 
My guess is a handful of those are resellers, though most are probably scams. To me it isn't worth gambling on, and I would never purchase anything through a TikTok ad.

Still, the speed at which peptides blew up is genuinely alarming. It feels like every single person and their dog is on them right now, and the resellers are raking in a fortune.
 
I've come across those as well.

As far as I'm concerned, if an AI-generated video is promising wholesale shipments out of China, it's a scam. A real supplier wouldn't have any reason to run ads on TikTok.
 
Svartr said:

My guess is a handful of those are resellers, though most are probably scams. To me it isn't worth gambling on, and I would never purchase anything through a TikTok ad.

Still, the speed at which peptides blew up is genuinely alarming. It feels like every single person and their dog is on them right now, and the resellers are raking in a fortune.
It's also alarming to witness, since the platform is used by teens and children. I've come across content from minors, some only 15, sharing advice about concealing their peptides.

A significant regulatory response feels inevitable — once a kid takes a parent's credit card, misuses it, and the media goes wild — which is truly unfortunate.. 🌸
 
That explains the flood of newcomers we've been getting, and I'll leave it at that regarding the newbs.
 
All it takes is an 18 year old with a computer, AI, and internet access to create an ad asking you to wire money... that involves far less overhead compared to building a factory, managing a supply chain, handling distribution, and all those other difficult, tedious tasks....
 
BNLFL said:

That explains the flood of newcomers we've been getting, and I'll leave it at that regarding the newbs.
yeah, but at some point we were all new to GLP1Chat as well, sitting on Zippitys lap, eyes wide, milk across our upper lip.

And these days???

😅🤣😂
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

BNLFL said:

That explains the flood of newcomers we've been getting, and I'll leave it at that regarding the newbs.
yeah, but at some point we were all new to GLP1Chat as well, sitting on Zippitys lap, eyes wide, milk across our upper lip.

And these days???

😅🤣😂
Don't start going easy on me now. There's no way I can brush off all of them on my own. 😆 😆
 
Flowerss said:

Lately, while I've been scrolling endlessly on TikTok, I keep seeing ads pop up that showcase peptide manufacturing facilities, all claiming to be 'genuine Chinese sources.' A bunch of them are obviously made with AI, and the rest just look cheap.

Of course, I'd never actually buy anything from an ad on social media—they come across as super sketchy!

I was just curious if anyone here has any details or personal stories about these. 🌸
On Facebook, they're everywhere. It's every other ad.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

BNLFL said:

That explains the flood of newcomers we've been getting, and I'll leave it at that regarding the newbs.
yeah, but at some point we were all new to GLP1Chat as well, sitting on Zippitys lap, eyes wide, milk across our upper lip.

And these days???

😅🤣😂
You're not still dealing with that, are you?....uh, um, yeah...same here 😳
 
What is TikTok?

Kidding aside, that place is a swamp full of rip-offs, and peptides are merely the newest version of it. I kept TikTok installed for just 5 minutes one time and then hit "uninstall."
 
spanky2026 said:

What is TikTok?

Kidding aside, that place is a swamp full of rip-offs, and peptides are merely the newest version of it. I kept TikTok installed for just 5 minutes one time and then hit "uninstall."
Same here. I've also bailed on Instagram.
 
Flowerss said:

Lately, while I've been scrolling endlessly on TikTok, I keep seeing ads pop up that showcase peptide manufacturing facilities, all claiming to be 'genuine Chinese sources.' A bunch of them are obviously made with AI, and the rest just look cheap.

Of course, I'd never actually buy anything from an ad on social media—they come across as super sketchy!

I was just curious if anyone here has any details or personal stories about these. 🌸
The algorithm puts together targeted ads from what you've searched for and which sites you've been on.

I just picked up a new motor for my golf cart, and now golf cart motors are everywhere I look.

If you're reading peptide articles and visiting peptide sites, the advertising you see will be aimed at you.

I'm with you on deciding not to purchase anything from these people...
 
Skidude said:

Flowerss said:

Lately, while I've been scrolling endlessly on TikTok, I keep seeing ads pop up that showcase peptide manufacturing facilities, all claiming to be 'genuine Chinese sources.' A bunch of them are obviously made with AI, and the rest just look cheap.

Of course, I'd never actually buy anything from an ad on social media—they come across as super sketchy!

I was just curious if anyone here has any details or personal stories about these. 🌸
The algorithm puts together targeted ads from what you've searched for and which sites you've been on.

I just picked up a new motor for my golf cart, and now golf cart motors are everywhere I look.

If you're reading peptide articles and visiting peptide sites, the advertising you see will be aimed at you.

I'm with you on deciding not to purchase anything from these people...
Speaking as a person who works in ad operations, here is the explanation.. the algorithms are highly intelligent, and simply visiting this site alone provides plenty of signal about what gets shown to you
 
BNLFL said:

That explains the flood of newcomers we've been getting, and I'll leave it at that regarding the newbs.
I'm still pretty new to all this, but I found this community on my own, haha 🌸
 
Flowerss said:

BNLFL said:

That explains the flood of newcomers we've been getting, and I'll leave it at that regarding the newbs.
I'm still pretty new to all this, but I found this community on my own, haha 🌸
Alright, that's part of it. I came across this place on my own while searching for Reta to purchase.
 
I keep seeing tons of pep advertisements on Fb. It freaks me out a bit, since a few folks are going to think it's the real thing, and those ads are a perfect method for grabbing your information (phishing).
 
angeliquereta said:

I keep seeing tons of pep advertisements on Fb. It freaks me out a bit, since a few folks are going to think it's the real thing, and those ads are a perfect method for grabbing your information (phishing).
There are two sides to this. Should word spread widely about the genuine suppliers, those suppliers could end up being taken offline. Yet if awareness stays low, the same people will simply remain targets for scams.
 
BNLFL said:

Flowerss said:

BNLFL said:

That explains the flood of newcomers we've been getting, and I'll leave it at that regarding the newbs.
I'm still pretty new to all this, but I found this community on my own, haha 🌸
Alright, that's part of it. I came across this place on my own while searching for Reta to purchase.
I figure that's the route most of us take to discover the forum. You know, by looking up reta or whatever peps.
 
Flowerss said:

angeliquereta said:

I keep seeing tons of pep advertisements on Fb. It freaks me out a bit, since a few folks are going to think it's the real thing, and those ads are a perfect method for grabbing your information (phishing).
There are two sides to this. Should word spread widely about the genuine suppliers, those suppliers could end up being taken offline. Yet if awareness stays low, the same people will simply remain targets for scams.
My guess is they won't be taken down. The reason: those ads are aimed at folks who are already familiar with peptides, since the algorithm uses your browsing history and cookies to find them.
 
Back
Top