What Replaced Food Noise for Long-Term Users?

78monk said:

For me, the food noise got swapped out for anxiety that is crippling.

Oh, wow. I'm sorry this side effect hit you. Were you dealing with anxiety before you began? I only ask because I have a theory that glp-1s may intensify certain conditions that were already there.
 
DidntMakeBrownies said:

I've developed a serious passion for fragrances.
Same here — perfume is my thing as well. I've noticed a ton of folks mention fragrance, honestly.

And lipstick, too. My stash keeps growing.

Looking back, I kind of wish my new hobbies were cheaper. 😅
 
DidntMakeBrownies said:

I've developed a serious passion for fragrances.
This makes me laugh, because only last weekend a friend told me she'd gotten into perfumes after beginning glp1's, and I never got around to asking whether others felt the same pull. Once she hears this, she'll be over the moon.
 
MTSpace said:

For those who have been using this for a long time, what have you swapped in for your 'food noise'?

My own substitute has been water with electrolytes.
I use Chronometer and log every single thing I eat, making sure I stay on top of my targets.
 
Clavicular's Hammer said:

MTSpace said:

For those who have been using this for a long time, what have you swapped in for your 'food noise'?

My own substitute has been water with electrolytes.
I use Chronometer and log every single thing I eat, making sure I stay on top of my targets.
I went through that phase too. That was back before I started GLP1. 😆😆😆
 
dayumay said:

For me, coke zero is absolutely the answer — it does a great job of quieting the food noise 😁
Has anyone tried combining Dr. Pepper Blackberry Zero or Cherry Coke Zero with a vanilla protein drink? (Toss in some ice.) It works well as a stand-in for food noise and ends up tasting like a float!
 
DidntMakeBrownies said:

I've developed a serious passion for fragrances.
Has anyone here gotten a nose full of Michael kors pour femme absolu eau de parfum, or maybe Destin de balmain eau de parfum? Those two are the ones I've been reaching for most lately.
 
MTSpace said:

For those who have been using this for a long time, what have you swapped in for your 'food noise'?

My own substitute has been water with electrolytes.
Same here for me
 
CNCCurrency said:

MTSpace said:

For those who have been using this for a long time, what have you swapped in for your 'food noise'?

My own substitute has been water with electrolytes.

I've been picking up sneakers instead — I got as many as 80 pairs over the past 12 months.

Image unavailable

Image unavailable
 
I get a real kick out of picking up sneakers and shoes — occasionally they'll just stay in the box for a while, until I feel like it's finally time.
 
Sapphire0814 said:

I get a real kick out of picking up sneakers and shoes — occasionally they'll just stay in the box for a while, until I feel like it's finally time.
I do the same thing — I wait for a special occasion to wear a different pair. And then there's the clothes I buy to go with the shoes. Honestly, I think it's a sickness!
 
DidntMakeBrownies said:

Candles and home fragrances as well. We're hooked on our pura. Any sensory input I'm missing out on from tasting, I make up for through smelling.
That's really interesting. I might need to look into this as well.
 
CNCCurrency said:

Sapphire0814 said:

I get a real kick out of picking up sneakers and shoes — occasionally they'll just stay in the box for a while, until I feel like it's finally time.
I do the same thing — I wait for a special occasion to wear a different pair. And then there's the clothes I buy to go with the shoes. Honestly, I think it's a sickness!
Facts
 
MTSpace said:

For those who have been using this for a long time, what have you swapped in for your 'food noise'?

My own substitute has been water with electrolytes.
Food noise hasn't been an issue for me, which I consider fortunate, but occasionally an evening urge shows up and I reach for a protein shake.
 
Back
Top