reta-stacker said:
Male, 76 years old. My height went from 5'8 down to 5'6 as the disks in my spine kept getting squeezed by gravity. Back in March I found out I'd hit 180 lbs — the heaviest I'd ever been. Two months before that, I came across a piece in The Atlantic about an underground drug called retatrutide that apparently a lot of people were quietly using for weight loss. Once I saw that figure on the scale, I started digging around online and came across plenty of suppliers ready to sell, so I put in an order for my first vial. I picked an absurdly aggressive target of getting down to 155, which meant losing 25 lb. It took almost no time at all to reach 155, so I made a fresh goal of 140 — a weight I hadn't seen in maybe 30-40 years. Not long after, I got there too, a 40 lb drop. In the meantime, that so-called smart scale of mine claimed my more ideal weight would sit around 135. These days I'm at 133, and I'm trying to add muscle and climb back up the scale. The trouble is I've still got roughly 5 lbs of visceral fat sticking around. I've been doing progressive resistance training 3 or 4 or 5 times a week, a hour each session. My arms, legs and chest look pretty good, but that damn belly fat just won't let go. Another issue is that my face has aged a lot. My wife tells me "whaddya expect? Your pushing 80..." I suppose she's right. Anyway, 47 lbs lost since March 20.