What number are you aiming for on the scale, and what makes it the one?

There isn’t a target figure I’m chasing. My aim is simply to move away from morbid obesity and land at a healthy weight, whatever that turns out to be. While doing that, I’m reshaping how I eat, and I intend to keep that up for the remainder of my life.

Mounjaro has limits.. keeping myself healthy is on me. And I hope all of you will be there when my motivation dips.
 
I'm a 57 year old woman, 5'4. During my pregnancy with preeclampsia, my weight peaked at 240. After that I sat at 225; starving myself plus working out could bring me down to 190, only for me to climb back to 200.

At the start, 160 was my target. A size 12 jeans was the goal, since that's the size I remembered feeling great in. Then I changed my mind — dang it, I wanted a size 10, so I dropped to 150lbs, the weight I carried in my 20's.

I feel amazing!! Friends ask.....you're not going to lose anymore, right!?! I politely explain that at 150lbs there's no way I'm starving myself, and their mouths drop. Oh, I thought you weighed a lot less than that. I told them.....yes, we all carry our weight differently, and next time just say I look great.

It drives me crazy that "nah sayers" would rather make you feel bad than good.
 
I'm hovering near 175, and I think 170 would sit nicer in certain shirts. That said, as I keep adding muscle, 175 keeps improving. So right now I suppose I don't have a real target—just to keep looking like a superhero in front of my kids. 🙂
 
There isn't one exact figure I'm set on, though 165 or so comes to mind. That number hasn't shown up for me in 30 yrs. Getting below 200 was my initial target, and right now I'm at 191, which has me thrilled. What matters most to me is reaching a point where being active feels easy again, particularly outside. Hiking and camping are things I love, and I'm aiming to return to backpacking.
 
MNSunshine said:

I'm a 57 year old woman, 5'4. During my pregnancy with preeclampsia, my weight peaked at 240. After that I sat at 225; starving myself plus working out could bring me down to 190, only for me to climb back to 200.

At the start, 160 was my target. A size 12 jeans was the goal, since that's the size I remembered feeling great in. Then I changed my mind — dang it, I wanted a size 10, so I dropped to 150lbs, the weight I carried in my 20's.

I feel amazing!! Friends ask.....you're not going to lose anymore, right!?! I politely explain that at 150lbs there's no way I'm starving myself, and their mouths drop. Oh, I thought you weighed a lot less than that. I told them.....yes, we all carry our weight differently, and next time just say I look great.

It drives me crazy that "nah sayers" would rather make you feel bad than good.
What really gets under my skin is hearing that from people who weigh less than I do. I feel like snapping back, "you're in no position to say I should stop dropping pounds—how about you put some on instead?" Of course I'm joking; I'd never actually say that to anyone. Still, the thought has crossed my mind.
 
This exact thought crossed my mind earlier today! I went looking, and here you already were. 🙂

Mine is set to whatever figure appears on my driver's license. Not exactly a creative pick, right?
 
SpicyQuinn said:

I’m a 39-year-old woman, and I really want to know what “goal weights” everyone here has picked, plus the reason behind that exact figure ??

Is the figure itself the point?

Is it a clothing size you’ve pictured yourself in for years ??

Or is there some particular target you’re working toward??

I’ve had this same question put to me, and honestly I can’t give a real answer. What am I aiming for? No clue 🤷🏼‍♀️ I just want to look and feel better..Over 10 years I’ve dropped roughly 170lbs. It’s been a long road, and I’m still not sure “what I want in the end to be satisfied!” 🤣

Can’t wait to read what everyone says!!!

Sw:306

CW :135
For me, it's 45-50 pounds. My weight has stayed at 185 for as long as I can remember 🙁
 
SpicyQuinn said:

I’m a 39-year-old woman, and I really want to know what “goal weights” everyone here has picked, plus the reason behind that exact figure ??

Is the figure itself the point?

Is it a clothing size you’ve pictured yourself in for years ??

Or is there some particular target you’re working toward??

I’ve had this same question put to me, and honestly I can’t give a real answer. What am I aiming for? No clue 🤷🏼‍♀️ I just want to look and feel better..Over 10 years I’ve dropped roughly 170lbs. It’s been a long road, and I’m still not sure “what I want in the end to be satisfied!” 🤣

Can’t wait to read what everyone says!!!

Sw:306

CW :135
Nice work! For me, I checked what the recommended weight is for my age and height online. I made that my target. At this point, I want to drop another 20 lbs.
 
When I began in May at 250lb, I picked 190lb as my first target. Part of the reason was that I've always had a stocky build, so I didn't want to go too low. I've now reached 189 and feel like I might be able to go lower while still looking fine.
 
Nice topic.

Right now my only target is Ideal Body Weight (IBW). Once I'm within 10 pounds above IBW, I'll pay close attention to the mirror and revise my weight goal then.

If you haven't posted in this thread for a few months, drop an update and tell us how it's been going.
 
Right now I'm shooting for 140 lbs, which works out to a BMI of 24.8. After that, we'll just have to wait and see. Beyond that, holding onto muscle matters more to me than dropping fat. I care about how my body works first and how it looks second — though looking good would be a nice bonus.
 
BNLFL said:

Male, 6' even. At first, 175 came to mind — what I weighed in my early 20's. Even then I looked a bit fat, and the BF% backed that up. So next I picked 165, which was my weight after spending 3 weeks in the hospital with double pneumonia 4 years ago. I reached that not long ago, and went a little past it. Friday I lowered my dose slightly because it was time for maintenance. Where it goes from here, we'll see. The ride has lasted 7 months so far.
For 9 weeks I've been in maintenance mode. My dose was 6mg, then 2 weeks back I stepped down to 4mg. Going back up to 6mg is a possibility, since the mirror and how my body feels suggest my love handles and that stubborn belly fat are getting smaller. The scale has gone a bit lower than I intended, yet I feel great, so where this leads is still up in the air.
 
Bahookie said:

This exact thought crossed my mind earlier today! I went looking, and here you already were. 🙂

Mine is set to whatever figure appears on my driver's license. Not exactly a creative pick, right?
Adore it! What's the harm???
 
At first I aimed for the weight I had while serving in the Army during my 20s, roughly 175. After about 9 months on this, my perspective has shifted. Now I'm targeting sub 15% bodyfat. I've watched far too many people in online diet communities fixate on tiny weight swings or seem to have slid into full-blown eating disorders because of the scale, and that number isn't even what actually matters. Your appearance comes down to your body fat %, and your health outcomes are driven by body fat %, so make bodyfat % your goal.
 
159... Since that puts me under 160... Which lets me say, "I'm less than 160." On top of that, it's the weight I'd want to be at for running half marathons and longer distances. For me it's a genuinely ambitious figure, and it's been more 45 years since I was at that number. My hope is to reach it by 4th of July 2027 so it can be part of the celebration 🎊
 
My goal is 80. The previous time I reached that weight, my body fat was roughly 7-9%.

Even so, that's still too heavy if BMI matters 😂

But when I get there, it means I'll have dropped 50kg.

I'm planning to reach the target by the end of the year. Since June up to now, I've lost 24kg. Losing another 26kg over 4 months ought to be doable.

The reason behind this: from the middle of last year through May of this year, I was dealing with a small health problem almost every 1-2 weeks. So my aim is to be healthier, especially because in November I turn 50 🙂
 
SpicyQuinn said:

I’m a 39-year-old woman, and I really want to know what “goal weights” everyone here has picked, plus the reason behind that exact figure ??

Is the figure itself the point?

Is it a clothing size you’ve pictured yourself in for years ??

Or is there some particular target you’re working toward??

I’ve had this same question put to me, and honestly I can’t give a real answer. What am I aiming for? No clue 🤷🏼‍♀️ I just want to look and feel better..Over 10 years I’ve dropped roughly 170lbs. It’s been a long road, and I’m still not sure “what I want in the end to be satisfied!” 🤣

Can’t wait to read what everyone says!!!

Sw:306

CW :135
Getting below 200 is my aim. When I dropped weight in the past, I promised myself I'd never let the scale climb past 200 again—but life got in the way, I stopped paying attention, and now I'm back here. Since I've managed it before, I believe it's within reach, though as the years add up, shedding pounds and keeping them off feels harder
 
25 weeks back I was at 330 lb's, and 200 lb's is what I set as my target. Right now I'm sitting at 237 lb's, though I suspect that target will shift once I see how much belly fat is still left to lose.
 
Beardboost said:

25 weeks back I was at 330 lb's, and 200 lb's is what I set as my target. Right now I'm sitting at 237 lb's, though I suspect that target will shift once I see how much belly fat is still left to lose.
Wow! 25 weeks? That's incredible.
 
Back
Top