What number are you aiming for on the scale, and what makes it the one?

Short, middle-aged woman here. A scale figure was never my guiding star. What drove me was being a size 6 — on the verge of needing a size 8 — and wanting to reach a size 4. To be clear, I’m short enough that a size 8 would have pushed my BMI into overweight range, and I’m old enough that even with regular cardio, workouts, and doing my best to avoid too much junk, I was shedding only about half a pound per week at most.

So I started Reta, went past my target, and now I’m a size 2. To be clear, I’m still comfortably in a healthy BMI range.

The hardest part has been the mental shift around clothes. Every one of those stretched-out size 6s slides right off me. The size 4s I’d bought ahead of time fit sort of okay but look a bit sloppy. Still, getting my head around buying clothes in a size I haven’t worn since college is mind-blowing. I can’t picture what that must be like for people aiming to lose far more.
 
I began at 145kg, really out of shape and feeling awful overall. My only aim was dropping 20 or 30 kilos so everyday tasks—walking beyond 50 meters, doing chores, or shopping—wouldn't feel like such a struggle.

Once I hit 115kg, things were moving in the right direction, so I added walking to improve my fitness a little. I stuck with it until the weight loss leveled off at 75kg, all while eating the same 1600-1800 kcal/day throughout. I was quite pleased with that result and mostly focused on not regaining, since I had definitely reached that low point before.

Then I came across GLP's. After holding steady around 75kg for a year, I spent another year at that weight on a low dose of ozempic. Switching to tirz/reta brought me down to 64 kg over the past year—likely the lightest I've been since around age 12 or 13. My final weight doesn't matter much to me as long as it stays under 75 and ideally under 70kg. What I care about more is striking a balance between GLP side effects and hunger management, and finding a dose or doses that let me eat without constant conscious effort yet avoid weight gain if that's achievable. Without the GLP drugs, that was definitely impossible—after losing weight, simply eating what I wanted meant I could pack on a kilo a week easily and keep it up for a long stretch, feeling ravenous the entire time even with a sizable calorie surplus.
 
Male, 6' even. At first, 175 came to mind — what I weighed in my early 20's. Even then I looked a bit fat, and the BF% backed that up. So next I picked 165, which was my weight after spending 3 weeks in the hospital with double pneumonia 4 years ago. I reached that not long ago, and went a little past it. Friday I lowered my dose slightly because it was time for maintenance. Where it goes from here, we'll see. The ride has lasted 7 months so far.
 
SpicyQuinn said:

I’m a 39-year-old woman, and I really want to know what “goal weights” everyone here has picked, plus the reason behind that exact figure ??

Is the figure itself the point?

Is it a clothing size you’ve pictured yourself in for years ??

Or is there some particular target you’re working toward??

I’ve had this same question put to me, and honestly I can’t give a real answer. What am I aiming for? No clue 🤷🏼‍♀️ I just want to look and feel better..Over 10 years I’ve dropped roughly 170lbs. It’s been a long road, and I’m still not sure “what I want in the end to be satisfied!” 🤣

Can’t wait to read what everyone says!!!

Sw:306

CW :135
I'm a 30 year old guy, and 280lbs is the target I've set for myself. Not once since turning 12 have I been below 300lbs, so hitting a mark that's seemed out of reach for 18 years would feel completely unreal.
 
Weight0ftheworld said:

SpicyQuinn said:

I’m a 39-year-old woman, and I really want to know what “goal weights” everyone here has picked, plus the reason behind that exact figure ??

Is the figure itself the point?

Is it a clothing size you’ve pictured yourself in for years ??

Or is there some particular target you’re working toward??

I’ve had this same question put to me, and honestly I can’t give a real answer. What am I aiming for? No clue 🤷🏼‍♀️ I just want to look and feel better..Over 10 years I’ve dropped roughly 170lbs. It’s been a long road, and I’m still not sure “what I want in the end to be satisfied!” 🤣

Can’t wait to read what everyone says!!!

Sw:306

CW :135
I'm a 30 year old guy, and 280lbs is the target I've set for myself. Not once since turning 12 have I been below 300lbs, so hitting a mark that's seemed out of reach for 18 years would feel completely unreal.
Don’t let up—you’ve got this!!
 
SeaGypsy said:

Initially I set 120 as my target, since a family gathering was coming up and that figure seemed like something I could realistically reach. I managed to get there just 1 day ahead of the event 👍🏻. After that, I settled on 110 as my ultimate aim, since that landed me right in the middle of the BMI range for my height. At this point I'm just working out what my maintenance dose should be; this morning I weighed in at 108.
What's your height? You weigh almost nothing! I'd be fine with being that tiny, but with my build I'd end up resembling someone just freed from Auschwitz.

How much time did reaching your goal take you?
 
Weight0ftheworld said:

SpicyQuinn said:

I’m a 39-year-old woman, and I really want to know what “goal weights” everyone here has picked, plus the reason behind that exact figure ??

Is the figure itself the point?

Is it a clothing size you’ve pictured yourself in for years ??

Or is there some particular target you’re working toward??

I’ve had this same question put to me, and honestly I can’t give a real answer. What am I aiming for? No clue 🤷🏼‍♀️ I just want to look and feel better..Over 10 years I’ve dropped roughly 170lbs. It’s been a long road, and I’m still not sure “what I want in the end to be satisfied!” 🤣

Can’t wait to read what everyone says!!!

Sw:306

CW :135
I'm a 30 year old guy, and 280lbs is the target I've set for myself. Not once since turning 12 have I been below 300lbs, so hitting a mark that's seemed out of reach for 18 years would feel completely unreal.
What's the weight you'd call your "reach for the moon" target?....
 
At first, I figured my goal was fairly attainable, but I didn’t really grasp that I chose that figure by comparing it to how I appeared at that weight years ago. Back then, carrying that same weight, I had far more muscle and led a much more active life, lifting on a regular basis. Now that I’ve built a more sedentary muscle foundation after years of giving birth to kids and dealing with autoimmune illnesses, that figure no longer works well as a goal for me. I’ve actually reached my initial target—170lbs was the original, with 150 as the dream—but I now look skinny fat rather than the highly toned and curvy way I did at 150-160. I’m 32 and currently 160. Even dropping another 10 pounds won’t get me the look I want, since I desire and admire a toned, muscular appearance, as that’s always been my natural build. Instead, I just look curvy but on the thin side, and not toned in the least. So I suppose a new target would be around 140, unless I start basically living at the gym—which isn’t going to happen, because I’m raising 5 young children.
 
Flash-BCR said:

Weight0ftheworld said:

SpicyQuinn said:

I’m a 39-year-old woman, and I really want to know what “goal weights” everyone here has picked, plus the reason behind that exact figure ??

Is the figure itself the point?

Is it a clothing size you’ve pictured yourself in for years ??

Or is there some particular target you’re working toward??

I’ve had this same question put to me, and honestly I can’t give a real answer. What am I aiming for? No clue 🤷🏼‍♀️ I just want to look and feel better..Over 10 years I’ve dropped roughly 170lbs. It’s been a long road, and I’m still not sure “what I want in the end to be satisfied!” 🤣

Can’t wait to read what everyone says!!!

Sw:306

CW :135
I'm a 30 year old guy, and 280lbs is the target I've set for myself. Not once since turning 12 have I been below 300lbs, so hitting a mark that's seemed out of reach for 18 years would feel completely unreal.
What's the weight you'd call your "reach for the moon" target?....

225lbs! Reaching that would honestly feel like a dream becoming real. To give some background: I stand 6'5, weigh 467lbs right now, and I've already dropped 20lbs over two months — all before even beginning tirz.
 
amosmylove said:

At first, I figured my goal was fairly attainable, but I didn’t really grasp that I chose that figure by comparing it to how I appeared at that weight years ago. Back then, carrying that same weight, I had far more muscle and led a much more active life, lifting on a regular basis. Now that I’ve built a more sedentary muscle foundation after years of giving birth to kids and dealing with autoimmune illnesses, that figure no longer works well as a goal for me. I’ve actually reached my initial target—170lbs was the original, with 150 as the dream—but I now look skinny fat rather than the highly toned and curvy way I did at 150-160. I’m 32 and currently 160. Even dropping another 10 pounds won’t get me the look I want, since I desire and admire a toned, muscular appearance, as that’s always been my natural build. Instead, I just look curvy but on the thin side, and not toned in the least. So I suppose a new target would be around 140, unless I start basically living at the gym—which isn’t going to happen, because I’m raising 5 young children.
That goal seems to be shifting over time...and in a positive direction!... 😍
 
Flash-BCR said:

amosmylove said:

At first, I figured my goal was fairly attainable, but I didn’t really grasp that I chose that figure by comparing it to how I appeared at that weight years ago. Back then, carrying that same weight, I had far more muscle and led a much more active life, lifting on a regular basis. Now that I’ve built a more sedentary muscle foundation after years of giving birth to kids and dealing with autoimmune illnesses, that figure no longer works well as a goal for me. I’ve actually reached my initial target—170lbs was the original, with 150 as the dream—but I now look skinny fat rather than the highly toned and curvy way I did at 150-160. I’m 32 and currently 160. Even dropping another 10 pounds won’t get me the look I want, since I desire and admire a toned, muscular appearance, as that’s always been my natural build. Instead, I just look curvy but on the thin side, and not toned in the least. So I suppose a new target would be around 140, unless I start basically living at the gym—which isn’t going to happen, because I’m raising 5 young children.
That goal seems to be shifting over time...and in a positive direction!... 😍
It's definitely changing over time. Under 140 is something I just can't picture for myself, since I haven't dipped below 135 at any point after puberty. I'd end up looking like a rail, and honestly, I like having meat and curves. Then again, I've never been scrawny, so that's simply an unfamiliar idea to me.

Maybe I should make pants size my target rather than the scale. I recently had to get new jeans, and I'm back in a 7/8 long, which is odd. I haven't fit into anything below a size 5 since before puberty either. These peps are wild!
 
Weight0ftheworld said:

Flash-BCR said:

Weight0ftheworld said:

SpicyQuinn said:

I’m a 39-year-old woman, and I really want to know what “goal weights” everyone here has picked, plus the reason behind that exact figure ??

Is the figure itself the point?

Is it a clothing size you’ve pictured yourself in for years ??

Or is there some particular target you’re working toward??

I’ve had this same question put to me, and honestly I can’t give a real answer. What am I aiming for? No clue 🤷🏼‍♀️ I just want to look and feel better..Over 10 years I’ve dropped roughly 170lbs. It’s been a long road, and I’m still not sure “what I want in the end to be satisfied!” 🤣

Can’t wait to read what everyone says!!!

Sw:306

CW :135
I'm a 30 year old guy, and 280lbs is the target I've set for myself. Not once since turning 12 have I been below 300lbs, so hitting a mark that's seemed out of reach for 18 years would feel completely unreal.
What's the weight you'd call your "reach for the moon" target?....

225lbs! Reaching that would honestly feel like a dream becoming real. To give some background: I stand 6'5, weigh 467lbs right now, and I've already dropped 20lbs over two months — all before even beginning tirz.
Man!! (gonna go with man, right? 😎)...You literally just shared 225lbs right here! That's official now!...450, 425, 400, 280 count as milestones. Keep watching that 225. No question you've got plenty of work ahead, but each move ahead (getting that very first kit) brings you closer to where you want to be...Stay on GLP1Chat and check out some of the folks' success stories. If you put in the work, it'll come...Keep sharing your progress!....👍
 
amosmylove said:

Flash-BCR said:

amosmylove said:

At first, I figured my goal was fairly attainable, but I didn’t really grasp that I chose that figure by comparing it to how I appeared at that weight years ago. Back then, carrying that same weight, I had far more muscle and led a much more active life, lifting on a regular basis. Now that I’ve built a more sedentary muscle foundation after years of giving birth to kids and dealing with autoimmune illnesses, that figure no longer works well as a goal for me. I’ve actually reached my initial target—170lbs was the original, with 150 as the dream—but I now look skinny fat rather than the highly toned and curvy way I did at 150-160. I’m 32 and currently 160. Even dropping another 10 pounds won’t get me the look I want, since I desire and admire a toned, muscular appearance, as that’s always been my natural build. Instead, I just look curvy but on the thin side, and not toned in the least. So I suppose a new target would be around 140, unless I start basically living at the gym—which isn’t going to happen, because I’m raising 5 young children.
That goal seems to be shifting over time...and in a positive direction!... 😍
It's definitely changing over time. Under 140 is something I just can't picture for myself, since I haven't dipped below 135 at any point after puberty. I'd end up looking like a rail, and honestly, I like having meat and curves. Then again, I've never been scrawny, so that's simply an unfamiliar idea to me.

Maybe I should make pants size my target rather than the scale. I recently had to get new jeans, and I'm back in a 7/8 long, which is odd. I haven't fit into anything below a size 5 since before puberty either. These peps are wild!
Ha! Isn't this fantastic?...Absolutely wild!...😍
 
amosmylove said:

SeaGypsy said:

Initially I set 120 as my target, since a family gathering was coming up and that figure seemed like something I could realistically reach. I managed to get there just 1 day ahead of the event 👍🏻. After that, I settled on 110 as my ultimate aim, since that landed me right in the middle of the BMI range for my height. At this point I'm just working out what my maintenance dose should be; this morning I weighed in at 108.
What's your height? You weigh almost nothing! I'd be fine with being that tiny, but with my build I'd end up resembling someone just freed from Auschwitz.

How much time did reaching your goal take you?
I stand 5’3”. Through last year, without glp, I dropped about 50. After that, starting Tirz at the year’s start, I shed another 40. Not since 7th grade have I been this small…lol. My ribs aren’t countable, so for my frame I doubt I’m overly thin. Still, more loss is definitely not something I want
 
Flash-BCR said:

amosmylove said:

Flash-BCR said:

amosmylove said:

At first, I figured my goal was fairly attainable, but I didn’t really grasp that I chose that figure by comparing it to how I appeared at that weight years ago. Back then, carrying that same weight, I had far more muscle and led a much more active life, lifting on a regular basis. Now that I’ve built a more sedentary muscle foundation after years of giving birth to kids and dealing with autoimmune illnesses, that figure no longer works well as a goal for me. I’ve actually reached my initial target—170lbs was the original, with 150 as the dream—but I now look skinny fat rather than the highly toned and curvy way I did at 150-160. I’m 32 and currently 160. Even dropping another 10 pounds won’t get me the look I want, since I desire and admire a toned, muscular appearance, as that’s always been my natural build. Instead, I just look curvy but on the thin side, and not toned in the least. So I suppose a new target would be around 140, unless I start basically living at the gym—which isn’t going to happen, because I’m raising 5 young children.
That goal seems to be shifting over time...and in a positive direction!... 😍
It's definitely changing over time. Under 140 is something I just can't picture for myself, since I haven't dipped below 135 at any point after puberty. I'd end up looking like a rail, and honestly, I like having meat and curves. Then again, I've never been scrawny, so that's simply an unfamiliar idea to me.

Maybe I should make pants size my target rather than the scale. I recently had to get new jeans, and I'm back in a 7/8 long, which is odd. I haven't fit into anything below a size 5 since before puberty either. These peps are wild!
Ha! Isn't this fantastic?...Absolutely wild!...😍
...and if that person turns out to be me?...then I'm going after it...Every one of those numbers is within reach for you. If you can manage it given everything on your plate, make it a bit of a priority to see what those lows actually feel like...and if you do reach them, snap some photos. Bouncing back up to a weight that feels more comfortable is always an option...but one day you'll be able to show the kids those pictures, "Is that you mom!?"...sometimes life ought to be fun in exactly that way... 😍
 
Right now the figure I keep in my head is 170, though I have no idea where I'll truly end up. Honestly, I doubt I'll reach it, and I'm fine with that. Eventually there won't be any fat left to shed, and ideally that will be the end of it. The hardest part for me will be knowing when I've arrived at that point, no matter what number it turns out to be. I'd love to have something like a DEXA scan to show me my status, but after trying every body composition method accessible where I live, I've concluded that not one of them gives me accurate results. So the Mark 1 eyeball is what we're relying on.

I keep telling myself that what separates a good cut from anorexia is body dysmorphia, and I suspect I've got plenty of that.
 
amosmylove said:

At first, I figured my goal was fairly attainable, but I didn’t really grasp that I chose that figure by comparing it to how I appeared at that weight years ago. Back then, carrying that same weight, I had far more muscle and led a much more active life, lifting on a regular basis. Now that I’ve built a more sedentary muscle foundation after years of giving birth to kids and dealing with autoimmune illnesses, that figure no longer works well as a goal for me. I’ve actually reached my initial target—170lbs was the original, with 150 as the dream—but I now look skinny fat rather than the highly toned and curvy way I did at 150-160. I’m 32 and currently 160. Even dropping another 10 pounds won’t get me the look I want, since I desire and admire a toned, muscular appearance, as that’s always been my natural build. Instead, I just look curvy but on the thin side, and not toned in the least. So I suppose a new target would be around 140, unless I start basically living at the gym—which isn’t going to happen, because I’m raising 5 young children.
With 5 kids, switching among them seems like a solid way to get some good progressive overload going. Begin with the toddler press, then see whether you can build up to the third grader press inside a year.
 
For me it's 185. About 6 years back I managed to reach 215 and I looked really good. I'm wondering how those extra 30 pounds will change things. It's probably been 12 years since I was anywhere near that weight.
 
SVT810E said:

amosmylove said:

At first, I figured my goal was fairly attainable, but I didn’t really grasp that I chose that figure by comparing it to how I appeared at that weight years ago. Back then, carrying that same weight, I had far more muscle and led a much more active life, lifting on a regular basis. Now that I’ve built a more sedentary muscle foundation after years of giving birth to kids and dealing with autoimmune illnesses, that figure no longer works well as a goal for me. I’ve actually reached my initial target—170lbs was the original, with 150 as the dream—but I now look skinny fat rather than the highly toned and curvy way I did at 150-160. I’m 32 and currently 160. Even dropping another 10 pounds won’t get me the look I want, since I desire and admire a toned, muscular appearance, as that’s always been my natural build. Instead, I just look curvy but on the thin side, and not toned in the least. So I suppose a new target would be around 140, unless I start basically living at the gym—which isn’t going to happen, because I’m raising 5 young children.
With 5 kids, switching among them seems like a solid way to get some good progressive overload going. Begin with the toddler press, then see whether you can build up to the third grader press inside a year.
My mental load is already ramping up steadily as it is. So why shouldn't I throw some physical strain into the mix too!? 😄😅🤣
 
My aim is 80kg — possibly 77-75kg — and to hold at that weight for as long as I can. Right now I’ve gone from 97kg down to 82kg.
 
Back
Top