What not to do - Accidental Intramuscular

Nopenada

Explorer
Joined
Feb 6, 2026
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
Location
Orlando
Because I've dropped weight, there's no longer the same padding in my glutes as there was 1 month back. When it comes to KLOW, since the copper is stingy, I go with a 1/2 inch needle so I'm certain I'm deep enough and can dodge the red welts.

Even after pinching the skin last night, and it not seeming like the muscle got hit when I pinned, I was up in the middle of the night with pain in the glute muscle radiating down the leg — a clear sign I didn't pin correctly.

I don't know that I can offer advice to anyone else, but what I've taken from this is that I need to be more cautious moving forward, since that muscle pain is not enjoyable.
 
Had a similar experience not long ago. I was doing my weekly trt injection into the love handle region. Turns out a muscle sits right there. 🤷‍♂️ It took 7 days before it cleared up.

I'll be switching to a shorter needle.

Fat loss brings along its own unique set of "problems".
 
MFGamesta said:

Had a similar experience not long ago. I was doing my weekly trt injection into the love handle region. Turns out a muscle sits right there. 🤷‍♂️ It took 7 days before it cleared up.

I'll be switching to a shorter needle.

Fat loss brings along its own unique set of "problems".
Are you injecting TRT under the skin? If that's the case, it sounds much preferable to injecting into muscle.
 
MFGamesta said:

Had a similar experience not long ago. I was doing my weekly trt injection into the love handle region. Turns out a muscle sits right there. 🤷‍♂️ It took 7 days before it cleared up.

I'll be switching to a shorter needle.

Fat loss brings along its own unique set of "problems".
I'm also puzzled about the TRT injection being subq. All the people I know who take those injections use a frighteningly large needle straight into the thigh muscle.

From what I've come across, the only subq TRT option is the pellets. Still, it's intriguing to consider subq injections as a possibility.
 
Mr. Blonde said:

MFGamesta said:

Had a similar experience not long ago. I was doing my weekly trt injection into the love handle region. Turns out a muscle sits right there. 🤷‍♂️ It took 7 days before it cleared up.

I'll be switching to a shorter needle.

Fat loss brings along its own unique set of "problems".
Are you injecting TRT under the skin? If that's the case, it sounds much preferable to injecting into muscle.

Nopenada said:

MFGamesta said:

Had a similar experience not long ago. I was doing my weekly trt injection into the love handle region. Turns out a muscle sits right there. 🤷‍♂️ It took 7 days before it cleared up.

I'll be switching to a shorter needle.

Fat loss brings along its own unique set of "problems".
I'm also puzzled about the TRT injection being subq. All the people I know who take those injections use a frighteningly large needle straight into the thigh muscle.

From what I've come across, the only subq TRT option is the pellets. Still, it's intriguing to consider subq injections as a possibility.

Correct — for Test C, I inject subcutaneously with a 29ga 1/2" needle. A 30 gauge is usable too, though it takes noticeably more time to draw, and the difference in discomfort between 29ga and 30ga isn't really significant.
 
Nopenada said:

MFGamesta said:

Had a similar experience not long ago. I was doing my weekly trt injection into the love handle region. Turns out a muscle sits right there. 🤷‍♂️ It took 7 days before it cleared up.

I'll be switching to a shorter needle.

Fat loss brings along its own unique set of "problems".
I'm also puzzled about the TRT injection being subq. All the people I know who take those injections use a frighteningly large needle straight into the thigh muscle.

From what I've come across, the only subq TRT option is the pellets. Still, it's intriguing to consider subq injections as a possibility.
Same reaction here until SQ came up in this thread. There is clinical literature on it — references below;



c762e425922fe21bd9baf9c2e3e4d3784493c1b9c013ff7bcc72d56093701008.jpg




Testosterone Therapy With Subcutaneous Injections: A Safe, Practical, and Reasonable Option - PubMed



While we still lack head-to-head trials of SC versus IM ester delivery, the authors argue clinicians should at least raise the subcutaneous route with patients, since self-injection is simpler and tends to keep people on schedule.

b320573d11cf61237bed942e340f6d635a868f885d8811f73223b4cec24c8479.png



pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov



c762e425922fe21bd9baf9c2e3e4d3784493c1b9c013ff7bcc72d56093701008.jpg




A 52-Week Study of Dose Adjusted Subcutaneous Testosterone Enanthate in Oil Self-Administered via Disposable Auto-Injector - PubMed



In this cohort the auto-injector held total testosterone steady, with only modest movement between peaks and troughs. Tolerability was good and the shots were described as essentially painless, which points toward subcutaneous enanthate being a workable choice...

b320573d11cf61237bed942e340f6d635a868f885d8811f73223b4cec24c8479.png



pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov



c762e425922fe21bd9baf9c2e3e4d3784493c1b9c013ff7bcc72d56093701008.jpg




Subcutaneous Injection of Testosterone Is an Effective and Preferred Alternative to Intramuscular Injection: Demonstration in Female-to-Male Transgender Patients - PubMed



The authors concluded that SC testosterone delivery works, is safe, and was the route their study participants preferred over intramuscular dosing.

b320573d11cf61237bed942e340f6d635a868f885d8811f73223b4cec24c8479.png



pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
 
Back
Top