What makes people choose Eloralintide, Cagrilintide and similar options?

tcpnomad

Explorer
Joined
May 26, 2026
Messages
200
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston
I'm interested in the reasoning behind going with these instead of the usual sema, tirz or reta.
 
Back in the 70s during high school, everyone I knew drank beer and smoked weed. Then this hippy with really long hair turned up from around the corner and introduced acid to the whole group. That's sort of how I see this.

Bill
 
I picked up an elora kit as a backup, in case it's ever needed. Right now they're using reta and it's working really well. Still, you can't predict the future. Habits run deep, and from what I hear, elora makes a solid extra tool for breaking them — good to keep within reach.
 
My guess is the usual scenario is that someone has maxed out the GLP they're using and wants appetite control to go further.

For me, 8mg reta was the ceiling before side effects kicked in, so I added cagri toward the finish of my cut.
 
Right now I'm on 5mg of Reta, and taking a small amount of Cag means I can keep the RT milligrams lower. At .5 of Cag I genuinely couldn't get a meal down without vomiting, so I've dropped back to .2. To me it works well as a combination of two things, though staying balanced is tricky, and mistakes come with harsh consequences.
 
I'm on 15mg tirz and 5mg reta, and I can't raise the dose of either one because even a tiny increase makes the skin sensory weirdness a lot worse. I'm aiming to keep a 55% weight loss, so I added cagri at 0.25mg every 4 days to see whether that helps. It brings on mild nausea but also less hunger, and I can't tell if that leaves me better or worse off. Since cagri seems to make me fairly prone to nausea, Elora looks like a solid alternative.
 
I picked up several kits of eloralinitide simply to stash away, in case I decide to give it a shot or a friend of mine is interested. From what I can tell, the gym crowd has been eagerly anticipating this one for fat loss because it targets the amylin receptor. Word is it could be a game changer for preserving and holding onto muscle mass. That aspect really appeals to me too, given that I'm in my 60s. I'm determined to hold onto as much muscle as I possibly can.

Bill
 
I'm only using tirz at the moment... I've also got reta, sema, and cagril on hand... still unsure about eloralintide... If the price drops, I might pick some up... I don't have much left to lose... I began at 223 and now I'm at 204. Getting to 190 would be ideal. So it's a small window, not far to go... but everything I've stockpiled is really for keeping the weight off. I figure the current toolbox has what I need, and I can rotate things to keep things steady and avoid regaining...
 
Flash-BCR said:

I'm only using tirz at the moment... I've also got reta, sema, and cagril on hand... still unsure about eloralintide... If the price drops, I might pick some up... I don't have much left to lose... I began at 223 and now I'm at 204. Getting to 190 would be ideal. So it's a small window, not far to go... but everything I've stockpiled is really for keeping the weight off. I figure the current toolbox has what I need, and I can rotate things to keep things steady and avoid regaining...
When you already know your preferences, that's a great feeling. Couldn't be better. I appreciate all your contributions here. I'm constantly picking up tips.

Bill
 
When I first noticed chatter about it, my reaction was basically: so this is cag+ at reta pricing? In my view the market hasn't introduced the right peptides in the right sequence. Anything beyond reta strikes me as uninteresting at best, or merely equal at worst. There aren't any fresh appealing upsides. It also has yet another name that sounds like a classic country singer's. Gives off iphone update energy. Wake me up when a quint agonist shows up and someone poops out a solid log of fat the size of a toddler..
 
tcpnomad said:

I'm interested in the reasoning behind going with these instead of the usual sema, tirz or reta.

To get past a plateau I hit while on 20mg tirzepatide, I brought cagri into the mix. At some stage I'll probably switch over to elora too (there are a couple of kits sitting in my freezer). This wasn't because tirzepatide stopped curbing my appetite. If appetite were really the issue, stacking a bit of sema would likely do more for me.

The appealing part of cagri and elora is that these amylin agonists act along a route that doesn't overlap with the glp1/gip/glucagon pathways. On top of that, the amylin pathways give extra weight loss, which is significant. The brain regions these drugs act on differ as well, so cagri/elora come with their own satiety and feelz.

I can see 2 situations where amylin agonists fit:

  • As a substitute for people who can't handle sema, tirz, or reta, or who don't respond to them
  • As an add-on for people who plateau on one of those
 
Grogu said:

tcpnomad said:

I'm interested in the reasoning behind going with these instead of the usual sema, tirz or reta.

To get past a plateau I hit while on 20mg tirzepatide, I brought cagri into the mix. At some stage I'll probably switch over to elora too (there are a couple of kits sitting in my freezer). This wasn't because tirzepatide stopped curbing my appetite. If appetite were really the issue, stacking a bit of sema would likely do more for me.

The appealing part of cagri and elora is that these amylin agonists act along a route that doesn't overlap with the glp1/gip/glucagon pathways. On top of that, the amylin pathways give extra weight loss, which is significant. The brain regions these drugs act on differ as well, so cagri/elora come with their own satiety and feelz.

I can see 2 situations where amylin agonists fit:

  • As a substitute for people who can't handle sema, tirz, or reta, or who don't respond to them
  • As an add-on for people who plateau on one of those
What kind of side effects come with Elora and Cagri?
 
tcpnomad said:

Grogu said:

tcpnomad said:

I'm interested in the reasoning behind going with these instead of the usual sema, tirz or reta.

To get past a plateau I hit while on 20mg tirzepatide, I brought cagri into the mix. At some stage I'll probably switch over to elora too (there are a couple of kits sitting in my freezer). This wasn't because tirzepatide stopped curbing my appetite. If appetite were really the issue, stacking a bit of sema would likely do more for me.

The appealing part of cagri and elora is that these amylin agonists act along a route that doesn't overlap with the glp1/gip/glucagon pathways. On top of that, the amylin pathways give extra weight loss, which is significant. The brain regions these drugs act on differ as well, so cagri/elora come with their own satiety and feelz.

I can see 2 situations where amylin agonists fit:

  • As a substitute for people who can't handle sema, tirz, or reta, or who don't respond to them
  • As an add-on for people who plateau on one of those
What kind of side effects come with Elora and Cagri?

Currently at week 6 of cagri at 500mcg, and fatigue has been the primary side effect I've noticed. The first week it hit me really hard, though it's eased up as time has gone on. A lot of folks never get that tiredness at all. As for GI issues from cagri, I've had none whatsoever.

Elora is still untested by me, though I've got a few kits sitting in the freezer. Based on the clinical trials and what people have been reporting lately, the side effects appear far milder because elora acts as a more selective amylin agonist. With cagri, there's also an impact on calcitonin receptors, and that's what researchers suspect drives the extra side effects.

One thing I'll add: cagri feels completely different to me compared to tirz or sema (and in a great way). Tirz and sema cut down the food noise for me, but cagri wipes out the very idea of food.
 
tcpnomad said:

I'm interested in the reasoning behind going with these instead of the usual sema, tirz or reta.

For me, shutting down the mental chatter requires more than Reta on its own.
 
Down 41% from my starting weight, 336 to 198. Three years in, beginning with micro dosed Sema. By now I've used Sema, Cagri, Tirz, Reta, and at present I run a Reta/Sema stack that's doing the job. Getting to 190 is the aim. After that, stay between 190 and 200. Should the need arise, I'll give the new kid on the block a go. Switching or stacking mostly came down to hitting the max dose or being stuck for extended stretches.
 
Nmcoyote1 said:

Down 41% from my starting weight, 336 to 198. Three years in, beginning with micro dosed Sema. By now I've used Sema, Cagri, Tirz, Reta, and at present I run a Reta/Sema stack that's doing the job. Getting to 190 is the aim. After that, stay between 190 and 200. Should the need arise, I'll give the new kid on the block a go. Switching or stacking mostly came down to hitting the max dose or being stuck for extended stretches.

Great job! A loss of 41% is seriously impressive.

My starting point was nearly identical (335lbs), and this morning I weighed 210. I'm aiming for 205, and it's been roughly 1.5 years since I began. Hearing that stacking has kept your weight going down is really encouraging. I've been trying different stacks as well.
 
Grogu said:

tcpnomad said:

Grogu said:

tcpnomad said:

I'm interested in the reasoning behind going with these instead of the usual sema, tirz or reta.

To get past a plateau I hit while on 20mg tirzepatide, I brought cagri into the mix. At some stage I'll probably switch over to elora too (there are a couple of kits sitting in my freezer). This wasn't because tirzepatide stopped curbing my appetite. If appetite were really the issue, stacking a bit of sema would likely do more for me.

The appealing part of cagri and elora is that these amylin agonists act along a route that doesn't overlap with the glp1/gip/glucagon pathways. On top of that, the amylin pathways give extra weight loss, which is significant. The brain regions these drugs act on differ as well, so cagri/elora come with their own satiety and feelz.

I can see 2 situations where amylin agonists fit:

  • As a substitute for people who can't handle sema, tirz, or reta, or who don't respond to them
  • As an add-on for people who plateau on one of those
What kind of side effects come with Elora and Cagri?

Currently at week 6 of cagri at 500mcg, and fatigue has been the primary side effect I've noticed. The first week it hit me really hard, though it's eased up as time has gone on. A lot of folks never get that tiredness at all. As for GI issues from cagri, I've had none whatsoever.

Elora is still untested by me, though I've got a few kits sitting in the freezer. Based on the clinical trials and what people have been reporting lately, the side effects appear far milder because elora acts as a more selective amylin agonist. With cagri, there's also an impact on calcitonin receptors, and that's what researchers suspect drives the extra side effects.

One thing I'll add: cagri feels completely different to me compared to tirz or sema (and in a great way). Tirz and sema cut down the food noise for me, but cagri wipes out the very idea of food.

Did Tirz give you any side effects? I heard a podcast not long ago where a doctor shared his theory: if someone has had side effects while on a GLP, they'll probably get them with Cagri as well — and the reverse holds too, meaning no side effects from Tirz makes it less likely they'll feel anything on Cagri.
 
spanky2026 said:

Grogu said:

tcpnomad said:

Grogu said:

tcpnomad said:

I'm interested in the reasoning behind going with these instead of the usual sema, tirz or reta.

To get past a plateau I hit while on 20mg tirzepatide, I brought cagri into the mix. At some stage I'll probably switch over to elora too (there are a couple of kits sitting in my freezer). This wasn't because tirzepatide stopped curbing my appetite. If appetite were really the issue, stacking a bit of sema would likely do more for me.

The appealing part of cagri and elora is that these amylin agonists act along a route that doesn't overlap with the glp1/gip/glucagon pathways. On top of that, the amylin pathways give extra weight loss, which is significant. The brain regions these drugs act on differ as well, so cagri/elora come with their own satiety and feelz.

I can see 2 situations where amylin agonists fit:

  • As a substitute for people who can't handle sema, tirz, or reta, or who don't respond to them
  • As an add-on for people who plateau on one of those
What kind of side effects come with Elora and Cagri?

Currently at week 6 of cagri at 500mcg, and fatigue has been the primary side effect I've noticed. The first week it hit me really hard, though it's eased up as time has gone on. A lot of folks never get that tiredness at all. As for GI issues from cagri, I've had none whatsoever.

Elora is still untested by me, though I've got a few kits sitting in the freezer. Based on the clinical trials and what people have been reporting lately, the side effects appear far milder because elora acts as a more selective amylin agonist. With cagri, there's also an impact on calcitonin receptors, and that's what researchers suspect drives the extra side effects.

One thing I'll add: cagri feels completely different to me compared to tirz or sema (and in a great way). Tirz and sema cut down the food noise for me, but cagri wipes out the very idea of food.

Did Tirz give you any side effects? I heard a podcast not long ago where a doctor shared his theory: if someone has had side effects while on a GLP, they'll probably get them with Cagri as well — and the reverse holds too, meaning no side effects from Tirz makes it less likely they'll feel anything on Cagri.

Headaches and blurry vision showed up right after I began tirzepatide, though those effects eventually faded. Across tirz, sema and cagri, I have never dealt with upper GI problems. Constipation is the one GI issue that has stuck with me, and I take miralax every day to manage it. My sleep is terrible, but it was terrible before any of this.

Lately I have been wondering whether cagri leaves me fatigued because I am not eating enough. Honestly, though, that does not seem like the real cause. The medication itself is what I blame. A few nights back it hit me once more: not quite nodding off, more like my brain switching off. That tiredness lived in my head rather than my body. It feels nothing like the exhaustion that comes from poor sleep or from spending a day doing yard work.
 
I've just wrapped up week 3 on cagrilintide. Since February I've been using tirz, and I'm already at 10mg. It's been doing a great job, so I really didn't want to bump it up just to handle breakthrough food noise. Yesterday I took dose number 3, and today I've had a serious stomach ache and can't eat. Maybe it's finally hit me lol, but this is the first time anything has made me feel bad at all.
 
Back
Top