Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
When you already know your preferences, that's a great feeling. Couldn't be better. I appreciate all your contributions here. I'm constantly picking up tips.Flash-BCR said:
I'm only using tirz at the moment... I've also got reta, sema, and cagril on hand... still unsure about eloralintide... If the price drops, I might pick some up... I don't have much left to lose... I began at 223 and now I'm at 204. Getting to 190 would be ideal. So it's a small window, not far to go... but everything I've stockpiled is really for keeping the weight off. I figure the current toolbox has what I need, and I can rotate things to keep things steady and avoid regaining...
tcpnomad said:
I'm interested in the reasoning behind going with these instead of the usual sema, tirz or reta.
What kind of side effects come with Elora and Cagri?Grogu said:
tcpnomad said:
I'm interested in the reasoning behind going with these instead of the usual sema, tirz or reta.
To get past a plateau I hit while on 20mg tirzepatide, I brought cagri into the mix. At some stage I'll probably switch over to elora too (there are a couple of kits sitting in my freezer). This wasn't because tirzepatide stopped curbing my appetite. If appetite were really the issue, stacking a bit of sema would likely do more for me.
The appealing part of cagri and elora is that these amylin agonists act along a route that doesn't overlap with the glp1/gip/glucagon pathways. On top of that, the amylin pathways give extra weight loss, which is significant. The brain regions these drugs act on differ as well, so cagri/elora come with their own satiety and feelz.
I can see 2 situations where amylin agonists fit:
- As a substitute for people who can't handle sema, tirz, or reta, or who don't respond to them
- As an add-on for people who plateau on one of those
tcpnomad said:
What kind of side effects come with Elora and Cagri?Grogu said:
tcpnomad said:
I'm interested in the reasoning behind going with these instead of the usual sema, tirz or reta.
To get past a plateau I hit while on 20mg tirzepatide, I brought cagri into the mix. At some stage I'll probably switch over to elora too (there are a couple of kits sitting in my freezer). This wasn't because tirzepatide stopped curbing my appetite. If appetite were really the issue, stacking a bit of sema would likely do more for me.
The appealing part of cagri and elora is that these amylin agonists act along a route that doesn't overlap with the glp1/gip/glucagon pathways. On top of that, the amylin pathways give extra weight loss, which is significant. The brain regions these drugs act on differ as well, so cagri/elora come with their own satiety and feelz.
I can see 2 situations where amylin agonists fit:
- As a substitute for people who can't handle sema, tirz, or reta, or who don't respond to them
- As an add-on for people who plateau on one of those
tcpnomad said:
I'm interested in the reasoning behind going with these instead of the usual sema, tirz or reta.
Nmcoyote1 said:
Down 41% from my starting weight, 336 to 198. Three years in, beginning with micro dosed Sema. By now I've used Sema, Cagri, Tirz, Reta, and at present I run a Reta/Sema stack that's doing the job. Getting to 190 is the aim. After that, stay between 190 and 200. Should the need arise, I'll give the new kid on the block a go. Switching or stacking mostly came down to hitting the max dose or being stuck for extended stretches.
Grogu said:
tcpnomad said:
What kind of side effects come with Elora and Cagri?Grogu said:
tcpnomad said:
I'm interested in the reasoning behind going with these instead of the usual sema, tirz or reta.
To get past a plateau I hit while on 20mg tirzepatide, I brought cagri into the mix. At some stage I'll probably switch over to elora too (there are a couple of kits sitting in my freezer). This wasn't because tirzepatide stopped curbing my appetite. If appetite were really the issue, stacking a bit of sema would likely do more for me.
The appealing part of cagri and elora is that these amylin agonists act along a route that doesn't overlap with the glp1/gip/glucagon pathways. On top of that, the amylin pathways give extra weight loss, which is significant. The brain regions these drugs act on differ as well, so cagri/elora come with their own satiety and feelz.
I can see 2 situations where amylin agonists fit:
- As a substitute for people who can't handle sema, tirz, or reta, or who don't respond to them
- As an add-on for people who plateau on one of those
Currently at week 6 of cagri at 500mcg, and fatigue has been the primary side effect I've noticed. The first week it hit me really hard, though it's eased up as time has gone on. A lot of folks never get that tiredness at all. As for GI issues from cagri, I've had none whatsoever.
Elora is still untested by me, though I've got a few kits sitting in the freezer. Based on the clinical trials and what people have been reporting lately, the side effects appear far milder because elora acts as a more selective amylin agonist. With cagri, there's also an impact on calcitonin receptors, and that's what researchers suspect drives the extra side effects.
One thing I'll add: cagri feels completely different to me compared to tirz or sema (and in a great way). Tirz and sema cut down the food noise for me, but cagri wipes out the very idea of food.
spanky2026 said:
Grogu said:
tcpnomad said:
What kind of side effects come with Elora and Cagri?Grogu said:
tcpnomad said:
I'm interested in the reasoning behind going with these instead of the usual sema, tirz or reta.
To get past a plateau I hit while on 20mg tirzepatide, I brought cagri into the mix. At some stage I'll probably switch over to elora too (there are a couple of kits sitting in my freezer). This wasn't because tirzepatide stopped curbing my appetite. If appetite were really the issue, stacking a bit of sema would likely do more for me.
The appealing part of cagri and elora is that these amylin agonists act along a route that doesn't overlap with the glp1/gip/glucagon pathways. On top of that, the amylin pathways give extra weight loss, which is significant. The brain regions these drugs act on differ as well, so cagri/elora come with their own satiety and feelz.
I can see 2 situations where amylin agonists fit:
- As a substitute for people who can't handle sema, tirz, or reta, or who don't respond to them
- As an add-on for people who plateau on one of those
Currently at week 6 of cagri at 500mcg, and fatigue has been the primary side effect I've noticed. The first week it hit me really hard, though it's eased up as time has gone on. A lot of folks never get that tiredness at all. As for GI issues from cagri, I've had none whatsoever.
Elora is still untested by me, though I've got a few kits sitting in the freezer. Based on the clinical trials and what people have been reporting lately, the side effects appear far milder because elora acts as a more selective amylin agonist. With cagri, there's also an impact on calcitonin receptors, and that's what researchers suspect drives the extra side effects.
One thing I'll add: cagri feels completely different to me compared to tirz or sema (and in a great way). Tirz and sema cut down the food noise for me, but cagri wipes out the very idea of food.
Did Tirz give you any side effects? I heard a podcast not long ago where a doctor shared his theory: if someone has had side effects while on a GLP, they'll probably get them with Cagri as well — and the reverse holds too, meaning no side effects from Tirz makes it less likely they'll feel anything on Cagri.