ProblemChild said:
Long story short is that I had
NO intention of ever trying carnivore. It seemed WAY TO EXTREME. Then I found myself up nearly 20 pounds after a two week vacation needing to try something different. I realized that I cannot moderate myself so I need to abstain from my trigger foods (breads, pasta, cereal, desserts, etc.)
I started following the teachings of
Dr. Ken Berry and
Dr. Shawn Baker as well as YT channels like
HomeSteadHow and
MyZeroCarbLife. I ate beef, butter, bacon, and eggs with ZERO fruit and veggies for 2.5 years. I used cheese as a crutch for a while until I realized it had a dramatic impact on my weight, so I tried to limit that as much as possible.
I did this all under the supervision of my doctor who had experience with carnivore himself. I had bloodwork taken every 5-6 months and had a colonoscopy a few months ago and everything was good.
During one of my bloodwork sessions, my vitamin C came in a little low so I started supplementing with that and it quickly corrected itself.
What's crazy to me is that I ate ZERO FIBER for 2.5 years and had no major issues. I did find that things move easier when I eat more fat. On a related note, my bms decreased significantly. I went from going 2-3 times a day to 2-3 times a week. Psychologically it was VERY strange, but to me it just meant that my body was using more of what I ate and had very little waste as a result. That definitely goes against what I had been taught my entire life.
I don't think that Carnivore is for everyone, but it worked for me and helped my relationship with food. Being in ketosis is a natural appetite suppressant and that allowed me to experiment with intermittent and multi-day fasting.
Circle back to today. I now have berries with homemade yogurt and protein powder a few times a week. I also have 2-3 cans of sardines almost every day (my Omega 3s were low on my last round of bloodwork) and I'm looking forward to see my next set of results. I will also occasionally have a very small salad with steak if I'm in the mood but I would say I'm still heavy on the protein.
Click to expand...