What do gray market "US warehouses" look like?

When people here mention these replies, are the China warehouses the same thing? Is it just a storage unit or a closet? Or does China have a genuine chilled warehouse?
 
My guess is that these products sit in cold storage somewhere in China, provided the facility is located up north and it happens to be winter.
 
5byfive said:

My guess is that these products sit in cold storage somewhere in China, provided the facility is located up north and it happens to be winter.
That being the case, wouldn't ordering from China make more sense than buying US stock? I'd rather have it go straight from a chilled warehouse to my door, instead of chilled warehouse → some guy's closet for a month → my door.
 
802ffb27ae9059bfdebc2e221d53a2f1773645e26ef9aa91f4bae6c7bd8390ca.webp
 
BillC said:

5byfive said:

My guess is that these products sit in cold storage somewhere in China, provided the facility is located up north and it happens to be winter.
That being the case, wouldn't ordering from China make more sense than buying US stock? I'd rather have it go straight from a chilled warehouse to my door, instead of chilled warehouse → some guy's closet for a month → my door.
a54d108e29c008611c2cce86a4b4a367c985c8f5dc0cf36dc08c19d5db357510.webp
 
72a9975d15de3105492945e6f07b187602c5aeab5a86a27f9ec5dcd49afc4e27.webp


Joking aside, I'd bet a lot of us have pulled up Google Street View to check out the return address printed on our packages. More often than not, it turns out to be a storage facility out in the middle of nowhere, or a blank, windowless space tucked into a strip-mall small business complex.
 
krsct said:

When you hear "US Warehouse," the image that comes to mind is probably a big facility, plenty of square footage, and wooden pallets loaded with goods. My hunch, though, is that in the gray market these so-called US warehouses are usually just a shop in some random strip mall—or maybe even somebody's basement or garage. Does anyone actually know what they're like?
A person I know made a purchase through a US Warehouse. According to him, it turned out to be a woman's home. He went inside, and she took him to a bedroom where boxes were piled all the way up to the ceiling, each one bearing a different address. That, apparently, is what a US warehouse amounts to.
 
5byfive said:

My guess is that these products sit in cold storage somewhere in China, provided the facility is located up north and it happens to be winter.
That's a valid observation. My orders were shipped out of NJ and OR.
 
FartfulCodger said:

View attachment 10063

Joking aside, I'd bet a lot of us have pulled up Google Street View to check out the return address printed on our packages. More often than not, it turns out to be a storage facility out in the middle of nowhere, or a blank, windowless space tucked into a strip-mall small business complex.
When I checked 1 of the vendors I buy from on Google Street View, it came up as an unmarked storefront in some random strip mall. Another vendor I've dealt with was at a genuinely upscale house — a multi-million $ residence. And for 1 of the US sellers I know in my area, their warehouse is actually a pantry/kitchen closet.
 
Back
Top