Weekly poll 😅 BAC water: are you on team more or team less? (Tirz/Reta)

randompersonrandom said:

I mix my GLP-1's to a concentration of 22 mg/ml. The reason is that my starting point was compounded product following a titration plan of 2.2 mg (10 units), then 4.4 (20), and onward, and that's the routine I became accustomed to, so it sticks in my memory easily.

The one case that's different is Survo, which I stack at much smaller doses. I reconstitute it so that my dosage comes out to 20 units.

For KLOW, I reconstitute at 77mg (for the ghk-cu part)/12 ml. My dose is 34 units, and that amount is what's needed to keep me from getting a painful bruise 12 hours later.

Epitalon, I prefer 10mg/ml so that 1 mg equals 10 units.
Thanks, I'll put you down for small volume plus personal comfort!
 
lessthanhalf said:

For my part, I tend to mix so that each dose lands around 0.1ml, or close to it, and I draw with 0.3ml syringes. With Tirz, I match the concentration of the pharma product since that’s what I began with, and I’ve stuck to it because dose math stays simple — 60mg in 2.4ml. That said, I inject every other day, so the volume is still modest: 0.18ml equals 4.5mg. Lower volumes mean I can combine 2 peptides in a single syringe; the only time things turned cloudy was mots c alongside hgh. Apart from that, it appears to hold up, and it cuts my syringe count in half.
Got it — I'll put you down under small volume + personal comfort, appreciate it!
 
Mara_aa said:

cheaperseeker said:

I'm on the less side — reconstituting less frequently is the whole point for me.

With tirz, I mix it so that 1 unit equals 0.5mg. That ratio makes it simple to work out the varying amounts my spouse and I each inject. My injection pen holds 120 mg, and I use 20 units per dose.

As for KLOW, my dose is 5 units, which delivers 2mg of GHK-Cu plus 0.4 mg of the remaining components.

That 28 day expiration guidance? I mostly pay it no mind, and I know plenty of others here do the same. There was a big thread about it some time ago, if I recall correctly.
You're going on the easier/less hassle list now, thanks!

Let me check I've got this right…

When you mix 120 mg with 2.4 ml of BAC for the injection pen, will the pen still measure the dose correctly if it isn't filled all the way when you refill it (for example, under 3 ml inside a 3 ml pen)?
Right. All you need to do is attach a needle, then expel every bit of air prior to use.
 
MFGamesta said:

Personally, I fall into the 10 unit camp. When I mix, I aim for my dose to land on 10 units, 20 units... It keeps things simpler to follow.
Understood — dosing that's simple to measure, with tidy round figures. Appreciate it!
 
FartfulCodger said:

Pumping in a big volume always gives me an odd feeling. Putting a whole 1 cc of something that's mostly water into your body just doesn't sit right with me. There was a time when I fell into the "team more" camp, since the thought of getting doses dialed in more precisely appealed to me. Eventually it hit me that being off by roughly 10% likely isn't a huge deal. Overfill means some level of imprecision is unavoidable regardless. These days, then, I lean toward "team less."
I'll put you down for team less, plus your personal comfort reasoning — thanks!
 
Pinngo said:

My approach is to pick a BAC volume that makes the units land on a 0 or a 5. Being stuck between tick marks on an insulin syringe isn't something I want. That said, I lean toward less overall—for some reason, my brain finds it simpler to handle and tolerate smaller unit injections.
Noted — small volume, and I'll put you down under personal comfort! 🫶
 
WholesomeApril said:

When it comes to Reta, I’d say I lean toward using less water.

Pinning beyond 40-50 units isn’t something I enjoy. So I’ll tweak how much water I use based on whatever my dosage happens to be.
You're on the list for small volume plus personal comfort — appreciate it 🫶
 
Most of the time I fall into the less-is-more camp — I like my injections landing somewhere between 10 and 25 units, so I tweak the BAC water to match what feels right for me. Those tiny hash marks on the syringes are a pain to make out, and once you dip under 10 they pretty much merge into one blur.
 
For GLP-1s, my long-held view has been that people new to this should keep their dosing near what big pharma uses, roughly .5 to .6mL, and stay there until they can comfortably work through the reconstitution and dosage calculations mentally, reaching for a calculator only to double-check themselves. Dosage accuracy matters a lot when someone is just starting, since it can heavily influence side-effects, and a solution that is more dilute will consistently give more accurate dosing (it may also slow tissue absorption, which could soften side-effects).

For myself, I target .2 to .3mL fluid volume.

When fluid volume is lower (i.e. higher peptide concentration), some people see a higher incidence of ISRs, and with certain peptides more diluent is frequently needed so the powder dissolves completely and correctly.
 
I'm on team more — getting the dose right matters more to me. Injecting a bigger amount of BAC water doesn't bother me, and needles don't scare me either.
 
@Mara_aa since you're based in Italy, did you manage to source bacteriostatic water? Just so you're aware, the diluent that's easier to find in Europe doesn't carry the same official 28-day guidance.

If it's genuine bac water, I'll stretch it to 3 months.

I fall in the "less" camp (right now 15mg tirzepatide @ 20 unit jabs). Less volume means less precision, which is the trade-off, so I'm extremely careful during reconstitution (I use a reverse calculator) and after that I pray a lot. Atheist grey-market prayers.
 
Team less. Even back when I was actively trying to micro dose my tirz down, I stayed under 10u.

With NAD+, 1mg/unit has worked fine. Just take it slow, and if stinging starts, pause a second before pushing the plunger further. I haven't needed to go past 30u.

For Cu, I've diluted it by pulling extra BAC first, but even so I land at 15-20u.

3mL syringes belong on another planet. Pass the 0.30 tyvm.
 
Coulter1966 said:

Most of the time I fall into the less-is-more camp — I like my injections landing somewhere between 10 and 25 units, so I tweak the BAC water to match what feels right for me. Those tiny hash marks on the syringes are a pain to make out, and once you dip under 10 they pretty much merge into one blur.
Understood, that tracks! Count you in on the less side — the easy dosing crew, appreciate it. 🫶
 
ZippityDooDah said:

For GLP-1s, my long-held view has been that people new to this should keep their dosing near what big pharma uses, roughly .5 to .6mL, and stay there until they can comfortably work through the reconstitution and dosage calculations mentally, reaching for a calculator only to double-check themselves. Dosage accuracy matters a lot when someone is just starting, since it can heavily influence side-effects, and a solution that is more dilute will consistently give more accurate dosing (it may also slow tissue absorption, which could soften side-effects).

For myself, I target .2 to .3mL fluid volume.

When fluid volume is lower (i.e. higher peptide concentration), some people see a higher incidence of ISRs, and with certain peptides more diluent is frequently needed so the powder dissolves completely and correctly.
That reasoning holds up well, particularly when someone is just starting out.

It gives real value to anyone who comes across this thread, and it definitely made the poll more worthwhile.

I get why a more diluted mix would make dosing simpler and more precise early on.

Adding you to the more volume - accuracy dosing team. Thanks! 🫶
 
morrisultra said:

I'm on team more — getting the dose right matters more to me. Injecting a bigger amount of BAC water doesn't bother me, and needles don't scare me either.
Understood! I'll put you down for the higher volume - precision dosing side. Appreciate it! 🫶
 
indolent said:

@Mara_aa since you're based in Italy, did you manage to source bacteriostatic water? Just so you're aware, the diluent that's easier to find in Europe doesn't carry the same official 28-day guidance.

If it's genuine bac water, I'll stretch it to 3 months.

I fall in the "less" camp (right now 15mg tirzepatide @ 20 unit jabs). Less volume means less precision, which is the trade-off, so I'm extremely careful during reconstitution (I use a reverse calculator) and after that I pray a lot. Atheist grey-market prayers.

Sadly, as I said over in a different thread (You can find it here), I’ve had no dependable source for bacteriostatic water, so what I’m using is Bac water from China.

And yes… same prayers here.

From now on you’re going on my atheist grey-market prayer list.

Adding you to the small volume + personal comfort list, thanks!! 🫶
 
Foggy-Hollow said:

Team less. Even back when I was actively trying to micro dose my tirz down, I stayed under 10u.

With NAD+, 1mg/unit has worked fine. Just take it slow, and if stinging starts, pause a second before pushing the plunger further. I haven't needed to go past 30u.

For Cu, I've diluted it by pulling extra BAC first, but even so I land at 15-20u.

3mL syringes belong on another planet. Pass the 0.30 tyvm.
Got it — I'll put you down for the small volume plus personal comfort group, appreciate it!! 🫶
 
Back
Top