Vial squirt

ultima thule

Explorer
Joined
Mar 25, 2026
Messages
242
Reaction score
0
Location
Ireland
I'm in week 3 of Glow and something new has been happening that has me a little concerned. Like the thread title says, after I fill a syringe and withdraw the needle from the vial stopper, a small amount of peptide sprays out. That means every time I go ahead with the injection, I'm losing some liquid. I follow this method because most guidelines call for it. In the beginning it wasn't an issue. It basically began during the 3rd week of the cycle. Has anyone dealt with this and figured out how to prevent it?
 
After you've confirmed the syringe is free of air bubbles, draw the needle out — but keep it steady for a moment. You can even push a bit of the liquid back in to clear any remaining air, then draw back up to the units you need. It's tricky to describe, though after trying it once it becomes quite straightforward.
 
Twowheelr2 said:

My money's on that moisture being on the needle itself, not leaking past the stopper.
No, that's not what's going on. Once the needle is removed, I can spot a small stream coming from the vial. If it were something else, I'd have caught it before injecting — the needle wouldn't have looked completely full, and that wasn't the case. What seems to happen is that pressure inside the vial forces a little bit of pep out through the hole left by the needle.
 
Beardboost said:

After you've confirmed the syringe is free of air bubbles, draw the needle out — but keep it steady for a moment. You can even push a bit of the liquid back in to clear any remaining air, then draw back up to the units you need. It's tricky to describe, though after trying it once it becomes quite straightforward.
Possibly...at times a small bubble shows up inside the syringe, and I attempt to do it the way you describe. Working the plunger a few times, drawing slightly extra then returning the liquid, yet in the end it doesn't help. Should the bubble show during that initial pull, it remains regardless...
 
Release the pressure from the vial. As stated earlier, it has too much pressure inside. Alternatively, for 1 or 2 draws before pulling the syringe, avoid injecting air into it.
 
Elgordoboy said:

Release the pressure from the vial. As stated earlier, it has too much pressure inside. Alternatively, for 1 or 2 draws before pulling the syringe, avoid injecting air into it.

CandyCap said:

Do you inject air into the vial prior to drawing? An excess of air inside the vial leads to that.
What I usually do is inject air into the vial first, then draw. I get the syringe ready at the dose I need before sticking it in the vial. I add the air, then pull. There was 1 time I forgot to do that at the start, and the syringe got stuck and wouldn't take in any liquid. The plunger kept coming back and the syringe stayed empty...so you guys are saying it's better to put the needle in the vial without any air in the syringe at all?
 
When I noticed a bit of leakage those few times, I simply made sure not to inject air on the following attempt. Did the negative pressure draw the BAC in by itself when you reconstituted the vial? It ought to have. Usually I don't need to help the plunger at all. If help is needed, it was likely a 3ml vial being reconstituted with 3ml BAC. Should you reconstitute using under 3ml, negative pressure will probably remain in the vial.

Whether this next point holds any truth, I can't say, and I've forgotten where I came across it. But following reconstitution, if you remove the plunger and then put the syringe back in, the pressure is supposed to equalize. How much negative pressure gets created by contraction once the vial is placed in the fridge, I don't know.
 
Elgordoboy said:

Release the pressure from the vial. As stated earlier, it has too much pressure inside. Alternatively, for 1 or 2 draws before pulling the syringe, avoid injecting air into it.
That's right, let the vial vent. All you do is grab a syringe, remove the plunger, then stick it through the stopper — this balances out the pressure inside the vial.
 
ultima thule said:

Elgordoboy said:

Release the pressure from the vial. As stated earlier, it has too much pressure inside. Alternatively, for 1 or 2 draws before pulling the syringe, avoid injecting air into it.

CandyCap said:

Do you inject air into the vial prior to drawing? An excess of air inside the vial leads to that.
What I usually do is inject air into the vial first, then draw. I get the syringe ready at the dose I need before sticking it in the vial. I add the air, then pull. There was 1 time I forgot to do that at the start, and the syringe got stuck and wouldn't take in any liquid. The plunger kept coming back and the syringe stayed empty...so you guys are saying it's better to put the needle in the vial without any air in the syringe at all?
Whenever I mix up a vial, I let the pressure out. After putting in the bac, I draw back on the plunger to release it. That balances things out. So the only moment I push air in is for extracting the final tiny amount.
 
ContainHer said:

Elgordoboy said:

Release the pressure from the vial. As stated earlier, it has too much pressure inside. Alternatively, for 1 or 2 draws before pulling the syringe, avoid injecting air into it.
That's right, let the vial vent. All you do is grab a syringe, remove the plunger, then stick it through the stopper — this balances out the pressure inside the vial.
If I only insert the needle, would that work? I'm referring to the needle on the standard syringe that I use to add back water for reconnecting...
 
ultima thule said:

ContainHer said:

Elgordoboy said:

Release the pressure from the vial. As stated earlier, it has too much pressure inside. Alternatively, for 1 or 2 draws before pulling the syringe, avoid injecting air into it.
That's right, let the vial vent. All you do is grab a syringe, remove the plunger, then stick it through the stopper — this balances out the pressure inside the vial.
If I only insert the needle, would that work? I'm referring to the needle on the standard syringe that I use to add back water for reconnecting...
Right. Alternatively, once you've injected your BAC, simply remove the plunger while keeping the syringe's needle in the vial.
 
When the needle is thin, like 31g, the fill is slower compared with larger gauges. Venting the vial is something I also support. I keep a box of 25g needles around, used only to vent during reconstitution.
 
One time a Soonsu peel vial blew its top off on me — I hadn't vented the pressure. (Why I took the foil ring off entirely, I can't remember, but I've stopped doing that.) Good thing it wasn't a tca peel vial. Sometimes I reinsert the needle I just drew with into the stopper, and air gets pushed into the syringe on its own. With pla/ha mixing, some air has to be released as well. My guess is it's producing gases I'd rather not learn about.
 
A squirt only happens when the vial is both pressurized and inverted. So flipping it upright prior to pulling the needle out prevents any squirting, and venting keeps the pressure from building too high. On 1 occasion I overfilled a vial with air and the top popped off, so add air sparingly.
 
Appreciate the replies and the advice, everyone. At this point I'm 99% sure the problem comes down to skipping the venting step after reconstitution. I overlooked it entirely - total rookie move...I'll sort it out today prior to the jab. 👍
 
Thanks everyone. I released the pressure from the vial earlier today and it went off without a hitch—not a single drop was wasted. On top of that, it got rid of the air bubble inside the syringe.
 
This week marked my first time trying gray, and it seems like I'm running into the same kind of trouble when pulling my dose.

When it comes to venting, should the second needle stay in the stopper during the draw, or do you simply let it vent for a minute first and then draw?
 
Back
Top