Calm Logic
Explorer
Typically, the vent needle stays inserted:
View: https://youtu.be/9YBj26vpHs0?si=D7Qn2Of8f-MwBiLA&t=867
View: https://youtu.be/9YBj26vpHs0?si=D7Qn2Of8f-MwBiLA&t=867
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Are you asking about the process of reconstituting/filtering, or are you asking about drawing up for an injection?Retract8740 said:
This week marked my first time trying gray, and it seems like I'm running into the same kind of trouble when pulling my dose.
When it comes to venting, should the second needle stay in the stopper during the draw, or do you simply let it vent for a minute first and then draw?
I'm drawing for a shot. So far a few problems have come up, and it's probably just me lacking skill. Before this, the only thing I'd used was prescription Mounjaro from the single use pen.BNLFL said:
Are you asking about the process of reconstituting/filtering, or are you asking about drawing up for an injection?Retract8740 said:
This week marked my first time trying gray, and it seems like I'm running into the same kind of trouble when pulling my dose.
When it comes to venting, should the second needle stay in the stopper during the draw, or do you simply let it vent for a minute first and then draw?
When you're drawing, skip the venting step. Say the dose is 6mg. Draw the plunger back until it reads 60 units/6mg, insert the syringe through the rubber stopper, then depress the plunger. After that, attempt to draw.Retract8740 said:
I'm drawing for a shot. So far a few problems have come up, and it's probably just me lacking skill. Before this, the only thing I'd used was prescription Mounjaro from the single use pen.BNLFL said:
Are you asking about the process of reconstituting/filtering, or are you asking about drawing up for an injection?Retract8740 said:
This week marked my first time trying gray, and it seems like I'm running into the same kind of trouble when pulling my dose.
When it comes to venting, should the second needle stay in the stopper during the draw, or do you simply let it vent for a minute first and then draw?
At first, I drew in air matching my dose, then once the vial was punctured, all of it got pulled straight out. After that, while I was drawing my dose, it kept being pulled back into the vial.
On the second attempt, I believed I'd drawn my dose, but on a closer look it was nothing but air.
On the third attempt, I gave venting a go and at last got my dose, yet a stubborn air bubble stuck around and I couldn't remove it, so it traveled along with the shot.
On my initial attempt, that's exactly what happened—the vial drew the liquid in by itself, no plunger push needed. After that, it continued pulling in the dose while I attempted to draw.BNLFL said:
When you're drawing, skip the venting step. Say the dose is 6mg. Draw the plunger back until it reads 60 units/6mg, insert the syringe through the rubber stopper, then depress the plunger. After that, attempt to draw.Retract8740 said:
I'm drawing for a shot. So far a few problems have come up, and it's probably just me lacking skill. Before this, the only thing I'd used was prescription Mounjaro from the single use pen.BNLFL said:
Are you asking about the process of reconstituting/filtering, or are you asking about drawing up for an injection?Retract8740 said:
This week marked my first time trying gray, and it seems like I'm running into the same kind of trouble when pulling my dose.
When it comes to venting, should the second needle stay in the stopper during the draw, or do you simply let it vent for a minute first and then draw?
At first, I drew in air matching my dose, then once the vial was punctured, all of it got pulled straight out. After that, while I was drawing my dose, it kept being pulled back into the vial.
On the second attempt, I believed I'd drawn my dose, but on a closer look it was nothing but air.
On the third attempt, I gave venting a go and at last got my dose, yet a stubborn air bubble stuck around and I couldn't remove it, so it traveled along with the shot.
That's honestly one of the oddest things I've come across in quite some time!Retract8740 said:
On my initial attempt, that's exactly what happened—the vial drew the liquid in by itself, no plunger push needed. After that, it continued pulling in the dose while I attempted to draw.BNLFL said:
When you're drawing, skip the venting step. Say the dose is 6mg. Draw the plunger back until it reads 60 units/6mg, insert the syringe through the rubber stopper, then depress the plunger. After that, attempt to draw.Retract8740 said:
I'm drawing for a shot. So far a few problems have come up, and it's probably just me lacking skill. Before this, the only thing I'd used was prescription Mounjaro from the single use pen.BNLFL said:
Are you asking about the process of reconstituting/filtering, or are you asking about drawing up for an injection?Retract8740 said:
This week marked my first time trying gray, and it seems like I'm running into the same kind of trouble when pulling my dose.
When it comes to venting, should the second needle stay in the stopper during the draw, or do you simply let it vent for a minute first and then draw?
At first, I drew in air matching my dose, then once the vial was punctured, all of it got pulled straight out. After that, while I was drawing my dose, it kept being pulled back into the vial.
On the second attempt, I believed I'd drawn my dose, but on a closer look it was nothing but air.
On the third attempt, I gave venting a go and at last got my dose, yet a stubborn air bubble stuck around and I couldn't remove it, so it traveled along with the shot.
With any luck, the venting I did yesterday evening balanced out the pressure, so drawing should go smoothly today. Repetition leads to mastery.
Appreciate the tip!
Yeah, this is the very first vial I've used. The reconstitution process went without a hitch — the BAC water was drawn in, and it all looked fine. When I went to pull my dose, I injected 40 units of air, which went straight into the vial, but then I felt resistance as I tried to draw. I lost my grip on the plunger by mistake, and everything rushed back into the vial.deluge said:
That's honestly one of the oddest things I've come across in quite some time!Retract8740 said:
On my initial attempt, that's exactly what happened—the vial drew the liquid in by itself, no plunger push needed. After that, it continued pulling in the dose while I attempted to draw.BNLFL said:
When you're drawing, skip the venting step. Say the dose is 6mg. Draw the plunger back until it reads 60 units/6mg, insert the syringe through the rubber stopper, then depress the plunger. After that, attempt to draw.Retract8740 said:
I'm drawing for a shot. So far a few problems have come up, and it's probably just me lacking skill. Before this, the only thing I'd used was prescription Mounjaro from the single use pen.BNLFL said:
Are you asking about the process of reconstituting/filtering, or are you asking about drawing up for an injection?Retract8740 said:
This week marked my first time trying gray, and it seems like I'm running into the same kind of trouble when pulling my dose.
When it comes to venting, should the second needle stay in the stopper during the draw, or do you simply let it vent for a minute first and then draw?
At first, I drew in air matching my dose, then once the vial was punctured, all of it got pulled straight out. After that, while I was drawing my dose, it kept being pulled back into the vial.
On the second attempt, I believed I'd drawn my dose, but on a closer look it was nothing but air.
On the third attempt, I gave venting a go and at last got my dose, yet a stubborn air bubble stuck around and I couldn't remove it, so it traveled along with the shot.
With any luck, the venting I did yesterday evening balanced out the pressure, so drawing should go smoothly today. Repetition leads to mastery.
Appreciate the tip!
So what you're describing is a vial containing lyophilized (powdered) peptide that has already been reconstituted — you added something like 3ml BAC water, or thereabouts — and then, when you try to pull out 12 units or however much for your weekly injection, the vial still holds a vacuum? Even after you've first injected 12 units, or whatever amount, of air into it?
I understand the BAC water getting pulled in during reconstitution — that's a regular occurrence for me. I actually turn it into an advantage: I poke the BAC water needle in at an angle and let the stream hit the side of the vial, so it rolls the lyophilized 'tide around while entering and helps mix everything thoroughly.
But after the BAC water is inside the vial, the vacuum disappears — at least in my experience.