Using an air lock to cut down on wasted product

for 30 unit shots, a 50 unit/.5ml syringe seems like the better pick. in my experience it gives better precision and a bit less waste compared to a 100 unit one. this isn't backed by testing, just what i've noticed.
 
It's pretty funny how a simple "alright, just buy a pen" can wipe out so much extreme overanalyzing.

Sure, "oh come on, quit doing that" would work too, but nobody's actually going to stop, and since I also went deep into overthinking when I first started, getting a pen is probably the more practical fix for that urge to overanalyze everything to death.

Air bubbles in your vials bothering you? Fine, get a pen.

Throwing away an entire syringe each day bugging you? Fine, get a pen.

Can't keep track of which peptide is which? Fine, get a bunch of pens in different colors.

All of this stuff getting on your nerves? Fine, get a pen.
 
Foggy-Hollow said:

What kind of loss are you actually talking about?

A 25 gauge needle’s inner diameter measures 0.01025”.

At 1” in length, that works out to 1.6 units left behind. That’s on a HUGE needle — the sort most people would use to draw oil, not to go sc with water based peps.

Plenty of people use 31 gauge, 1/2” length, which comes to roughly 0.42u lost.

Pushing units of air in order to dodge a fraction of a unit of loss is … baffling.

I’ve hit blood vessels a few times, yesterday in fact, no way I’m signing up to push anything more than an incidental bubble on purpose.

TLDR:

This person has zero interest in your health. Proceed with caution.
And yeah, I'm with FH on all of it, but in case you're still chewing on this... let's say you picked up a T-30 kit for $135 (probably less these days, though that's the price I paid back in August when I was still getting 30's), and you mixed it to 22mg/ml (that's my habit, since I began with Brello and that's the strength they use). Then the loss on the 1.6 units (and honestly, a needle that size would be a strange choice) comes to roughly 16 cents, while the 0.42 units would cost you 4 cents.

Now picture some dude charging at me, waving a syringe around, yelling "GIMMIE SIXTEEN CENTS OR I'LL INJECT A TINY AIR BUBBLE UNDER YOUR SKIN" — I'd hand over the 16 cents, pepper spray or not, because good grief, 16 cents is a small price to skip that whole scene.
 
390120 said:

tendency said:

The dead space in the needle and syringe can really accumulate, particularly when you're not diluting much. For instance, with a 1ml syringe (or 100 units), each injection often leaves behind about 5-6 units of that 'slop'.

So, if your dilution is such that 10 units equals 1mg, then every injection wastes roughly 1/2 mg, which can amount to notable loss.

To keep the mg loss down, I usually dilute quite generously.
That's exactly what sent me down this rabbit hole earlier today. I'd add more Bac water to stretch it, but my supplier won't have any in stock for several weeks.
injectionshop and underground supply are both fairly priced, ship reasonably, and get orders to you within a few days....
 
skeptick said:

390120 said:

tendency said:

The dead space in the needle and syringe can really accumulate, particularly when you're not diluting much. For instance, with a 1ml syringe (or 100 units), each injection often leaves behind about 5-6 units of that 'slop'.

So, if your dilution is such that 10 units equals 1mg, then every injection wastes roughly 1/2 mg, which can amount to notable loss.

To keep the mg loss down, I usually dilute quite generously.
That's exactly what sent me down this rabbit hole earlier today. I'd add more Bac water to stretch it, but my supplier won't have any in stock for several weeks.
injectionshop and underground supply are both fairly priced, ship reasonably, and get orders to you within a few days....

I placed an order with this vendor at the start of Jan, so I'm right on the edge of receiving it… fingers crossed



f7c752fd7a0f7d34fe70adb0aab6749092c84996c67648f9b2bb6309bedcb0dc.jpg




Bacteriostatic Water for Injection 30mL | Hospira Pfizer



Expiry dates are always current. Genuine Hospira Pfizer Bacteriostatic Water 30mL multi-dose vial. Sterile water containing 0.9% benzyl alcohol preservative, intended for diluting, dissolving, or reconstituting medications.

a697ffb42082067c6fc693a32539da340cb1b2f27b0e5f9728a1fbbc879764d7.png



www.midwiferysupplies.ca

Just have to be patient a little while longer
 
randompersonrandom said:

It's pretty funny how a simple "alright, just buy a pen" can wipe out so much extreme overanalyzing.

Sure, "oh come on, quit doing that" would work too, but nobody's actually going to stop, and since I also went deep into overthinking when I first started, getting a pen is probably the more practical fix for that urge to overanalyze everything to death.

Air bubbles in your vials bothering you? Fine, get a pen.

Throwing away an entire syringe each day bugging you? Fine, get a pen.

Can't keep track of which peptide is which? Fine, get a bunch of pens in different colors.

All of this stuff getting on your nerves? Fine, get a pen.
I'm absolutely the kind of person who overthinks things to a ridiculous degree 😂😂😂
 
390120 said:

I normally reach for 3mL syringes since they cost me nothing, but after trying a 1mL syringe not long ago I noticed just how much liquid stays behind in the barrel and needle once the shot is done. This stands out most when I'm mixing things like 100mg of GHK-Cu into 3mL bac and then drawing 0.1mL per dose.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/DrWillPowers/comments/yv37fy/comment/iweyuva/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

  1. place draw needle on syringe
  2. draw air into syringe of equal volume to your injectable volume
  3. insert needle into vial
  4. inject air into vial
  5. draw dose to measured amount
  6. ** draw additional air into syringe of about 0.2 - 0.3 mL
  7. ** use the markings on the barrel of the syringe to measure the volume of injectable with air still in syringe and the syringe vertical with the needle upwards. for example, plunger may be at 0.5mL, top edge of injectable where it meets the air may be at 0.3mL, which equates to 0.2mL of injectable. this gets tricky with a low dead space syringe because the low dead space portion of the plunger changes the measurement; you have use the neck of the syringe where the plunger stops at full close as the line you bring the injectable back up to in order to double check your measurement.
  8. ** if using low dead space needles, draw your 0.2 - 0.3 mL of air back into syringe
  9. ** change needle (should have zero injectable in it since you last drew air into syringe)
  10. ** leave air in syringe, but flip needle facing down and make sure injectable is on the needle side and air is at the plunger side. you may need to flick the syringe while holding it farthest from the needle, in order to get all the injectable to move down towards the needle away from the plunger; you want the air going through the needle last.
  11. insert needle into body
  12. inject injectable and air. all of it.
  13. remove needle and dispose of everything

Click to expand...

Is anyone else doing this?

I may test it out tonight when I inject
This chart is what I rely on.
 
Foggy-Hollow said:

What kind of loss are you actually talking about?

A 25 gauge needle’s inner diameter measures 0.01025”.

At 1” in length, that works out to 1.6 units left behind. That’s on a HUGE needle — the sort most people would use to draw oil, not to go sc with water based peps.

Plenty of people use 31 gauge, 1/2” length, which comes to roughly 0.42u lost.

Pushing units of air in order to dodge a fraction of a unit of loss is … baffling.

I’ve hit blood vessels a few times, yesterday in fact, no way I’m signing up to push anything more than an incidental bubble on purpose.

TLDR:

This person has zero interest in your health. Proceed with caution.
The gauge is still 31, though the length is 5/16". What amount gets wasted in that case? For my own use, I draw with .05 and 1ml BD's.
 
Quit pinching pennies by reaching for a 3ml syringe just because it costs nothing. Insulin syringes at 1ml are inexpensive — if peptides fit in your budget, then proper injection gear does too. Over on Amazon, you can get 25 1ml syringes with needles for $12.88. Dosing is far more precise with a 1ml syringe, and the amount of peptide trapped in the barrel is smaller, though it's minimal regardless. There are surely bigger priorities in your life.

Think about it: a 100mg box of GHK-CU runs $50, giving you 1000mg total. From that, you get 333 injections at 3mg each, which works out to 15 cents per shot. Come on — would you really gamble on injecting air to save under $0.15 😎
 
Lovedog100 said:

Quit pinching pennies by reaching for a 3ml syringe just because it costs nothing. Insulin syringes at 1ml are inexpensive — if peptides fit in your budget, then proper injection gear does too. Over on Amazon, you can get 25 1ml syringes with needles for $12.88. Dosing is far more precise with a 1ml syringe, and the amount of peptide trapped in the barrel is smaller, though it's minimal regardless. There are surely bigger priorities in your life.

Think about it: a 100mg box of GHK-CU runs $50, giving you 1000mg total. From that, you get 333 injections at 3mg each, which works out to 15 cents per shot. Come on — would you really gamble on injecting air to save under $0.15 😎
For years I relied on 3mL syringes for TRT since I could grab them by the box, but these days I'm on 1mL ones because work hands those out for free too LOL

Accuracy wasn't something I thought about much back when the volumes I injected were bigger, but once I began reconstituting with things like 3mL BAC and pushing far smaller doses, that's when it hit me
 
390120 said:

Lovedog100 said:

Quit pinching pennies by reaching for a 3ml syringe just because it costs nothing. Insulin syringes at 1ml are inexpensive — if peptides fit in your budget, then proper injection gear does too. Over on Amazon, you can get 25 1ml syringes with needles for $12.88. Dosing is far more precise with a 1ml syringe, and the amount of peptide trapped in the barrel is smaller, though it's minimal regardless. There are surely bigger priorities in your life.

Think about it: a 100mg box of GHK-CU runs $50, giving you 1000mg total. From that, you get 333 injections at 3mg each, which works out to 15 cents per shot. Come on — would you really gamble on injecting air to save under $0.15 😎
For years I relied on 3mL syringes for TRT since I could grab them by the box, but these days I'm on 1mL ones because work hands those out for free too LOL

Accuracy wasn't something I thought about much back when the volumes I injected were bigger, but once I began reconstituting with things like 3mL BAC and pushing far smaller doses, that's when it hit me
I’m going to ignore (nobody’s) the rules for a moment. Now and then I’ll transfer (filter) the peps into a cart, expel the air using the pen trick, and then treat it as a vial. I stick a label on the thing and pull from it. For the record, I’ve never been someone who injects air into a vial.

At times 2 carts are needed, like when I do this with ginseng. That arrives in those horrible glass vials that you have to snap open.

I enjoy mixing it up: syringes & vials, syringes & carts, carts & pens.
 
390120 said:

I normally reach for 3mL syringes since they cost me nothing, but after trying a 1mL syringe not long ago I noticed just how much liquid stays behind in the barrel and needle once the shot is done. This stands out most when I'm mixing things like 100mg of GHK-Cu into 3mL bac and then drawing 0.1mL per dose.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/DrWillPowers/comments/yv37fy/comment/iweyuva/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

  1. place draw needle on syringe
  2. draw air into syringe of equal volume to your injectable volume
  3. insert needle into vial
  4. inject air into vial
  5. draw dose to measured amount
  6. ** draw additional air into syringe of about 0.2 - 0.3 mL
  7. ** use the markings on the barrel of the syringe to measure the volume of injectable with air still in syringe and the syringe vertical with the needle upwards. for example, plunger may be at 0.5mL, top edge of injectable where it meets the air may be at 0.3mL, which equates to 0.2mL of injectable. this gets tricky with a low dead space syringe because the low dead space portion of the plunger changes the measurement; you have use the neck of the syringe where the plunger stops at full close as the line you bring the injectable back up to in order to double check your measurement.
  8. ** if using low dead space needles, draw your 0.2 - 0.3 mL of air back into syringe
  9. ** change needle (should have zero injectable in it since you last drew air into syringe)
  10. ** leave air in syringe, but flip needle facing down and make sure injectable is on the needle side and air is at the plunger side. you may need to flick the syringe while holding it farthest from the needle, in order to get all the injectable to move down towards the needle away from the plunger; you want the air going through the needle last.
  11. insert needle into body
  12. inject injectable and air. all of it.
  13. remove needle and dispose of everything

Click to expand...

Is anyone else doing this?

I may test it out tonight when I inject
I hadn't considered that injection could waste product, and the post was a good read. Still, I'm not sure whether going through all that trouble would pay off given how little you'd actually save!
 
BNLFL said:

Foggy-Hollow said:

What kind of loss are you actually talking about?

A 25 gauge needle’s inner diameter measures 0.01025”.

At 1” in length, that works out to 1.6 units left behind. That’s on a HUGE needle — the sort most people would use to draw oil, not to go sc with water based peps.

Plenty of people use 31 gauge, 1/2” length, which comes to roughly 0.42u lost.

Pushing units of air in order to dodge a fraction of a unit of loss is … baffling.

I’ve hit blood vessels a few times, yesterday in fact, no way I’m signing up to push anything more than an incidental bubble on purpose.

TLDR:

This person has zero interest in your health. Proceed with caution.
The gauge is still 31, though the length is 5/16". What amount gets wasted in that case? For my own use, I draw with .05 and 1ml BD's.

At 5/8ths, that works out to 0.42 or 0.26u. After that, you convert it to mg and $ based on whatever your concentration is.

For my T30 mixed at 3mL: 0.26u comes to …. 3.3 cents worth of product. 💸💸💸
 
390120 said:

Lovedog100 said:

Quit pinching pennies by reaching for a 3ml syringe just because it costs nothing. Insulin syringes at 1ml are inexpensive — if peptides fit in your budget, then proper injection gear does too. Over on Amazon, you can get 25 1ml syringes with needles for $12.88. Dosing is far more precise with a 1ml syringe, and the amount of peptide trapped in the barrel is smaller, though it's minimal regardless. There are surely bigger priorities in your life.

Think about it: a 100mg box of GHK-CU runs $50, giving you 1000mg total. From that, you get 333 injections at 3mg each, which works out to 15 cents per shot. Come on — would you really gamble on injecting air to save under $0.15 😎
For years I relied on 3mL syringes for TRT since I could grab them by the box, but these days I'm on 1mL ones because work hands those out for free too LOL

Accuracy wasn't something I thought about much back when the volumes I injected were bigger, but once I began reconstituting with things like 3mL BAC and pushing far smaller doses, that's when it hit me

30u syringes exist as well; I reach for those whenever the dose is below 20u. Certain models even come with half-unit graduations.
 
Back
Top