390120
Explorer
I normally reach for 3mL syringes since they cost me nothing, but after trying a 1mL syringe not long ago I noticed just how much liquid stays behind in the barrel and needle once the shot is done. This stands out most when I'm mixing things like 100mg of GHK-Cu into 3mL bac and then drawing 0.1mL per dose.
Is anyone else doing this?
I may test it out tonight when I inject
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/DrWillPowers/comments/yv37fy/comment/iweyuva/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button
- place draw needle on syringe
- draw air into syringe of equal volume to your injectable volume
- insert needle into vial
- inject air into vial
- draw dose to measured amount
- ** draw additional air into syringe of about 0.2 - 0.3 mL
- ** use the markings on the barrel of the syringe to measure the volume of injectable with air still in syringe and the syringe vertical with the needle upwards. for example, plunger may be at 0.5mL, top edge of injectable where it meets the air may be at 0.3mL, which equates to 0.2mL of injectable. this gets tricky with a low dead space syringe because the low dead space portion of the plunger changes the measurement; you have use the neck of the syringe where the plunger stops at full close as the line you bring the injectable back up to in order to double check your measurement.
- ** if using low dead space needles, draw your 0.2 - 0.3 mL of air back into syringe
- ** change needle (should have zero injectable in it since you last drew air into syringe)
- ** leave air in syringe, but flip needle facing down and make sure injectable is on the needle side and air is at the plunger side. you may need to flick the syringe while holding it farthest from the needle, in order to get all the injectable to move down towards the needle away from the plunger; you want the air going through the needle last.
- insert needle into body
- inject injectable and air. all of it.
- remove needle and dispose of everything
Click to expand...
Is anyone else doing this?
I may test it out tonight when I inject