US Buyers: Post-CNY Orders From China — Tracking Gaps, Partial Shipments, Delays, and Who Reaches Out to Support?

Native Zebra

Explorer
Joined
Feb 28, 2026
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Hi all,

I'm posting to see if other members can share their experiences with shipments coming from China into the US, since I'm dealing with a tricky order right now and want to know whether these problems are widespread.

Context: More than 1 month back, I bought from a supplier in China. When the first package showed up, it was short—under 50% of what I ordered arrived, and nobody told me ahead of time. The missing products have since been sent again by the supplier, but getting clear answers from them has been difficult.

Where things stand for me:

  • On the 24th I was told the items had shipped, yet tracking numbers weren't included at first
  • I had to ask for the tracking numbers in a separate request
  • Tracking still shows nothing happening inside the U.S.; until it reaches the states, I can't tell where the package is
  • Because the first delivery was incomplete, I've asked them to confirm exactly which items were sent this time
  • My last few messages asking the sales rep to confirm what was actually shipped have gone unanswered

Why I'm asking:

  1. Timing concerns: Has anyone gotten packages that departed China after Chinese New Year? If yes, how many days did it take to arrive?
  2. Tracking transparency: Do others also see missing tracking updates in the stretch between China and the U.S.?
  3. Recent losses: Lately, has anyone had a package confiscated, halted, or go missing during transit?
  4. General timeline: After CNY, what delivery window from China to the US have you found realistic?
I know cross-border shipping can be complicated, but the possibility of paying for goods that never show up worries me. Hearing how others have fared would help me set reasonable expectations and judge whether this is normal post-holiday backup or something more concerning.

Thanks for any input.

The Boogyman
 
Many folks are dealing with this too. Many




Waiting for order? What’s your Order



Alright, the subject is straightforward: who else is still waiting on deliveries following the new year, and what’s the typical turnaround for vendors to send things out? Also, what have your past experiences been like, and what are you all buying? PLEASE NOTE : NO MENTIONING THE VENDOR NAME OR SOURSE , NO VETTING , NO PROMOTION That’s all...

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com
 
Native Zebra said:

Hi all,

I'm posting to see if other members can share their experiences with shipments coming from China into the US, since I'm dealing with a tricky order right now and want to know whether these problems are widespread.

Context: More than 1 month back, I bought from a supplier in China. When the first package showed up, it was short—under 50% of what I ordered arrived, and nobody told me ahead of time. The missing products have since been sent again by the supplier, but getting clear answers from them has been difficult.

Where things stand for me:

  • On the 24th I was told the items had shipped, yet tracking numbers weren't included at first
  • I had to ask for the tracking numbers in a separate request
  • Tracking still shows nothing happening inside the U.S.; until it reaches the states, I can't tell where the package is
  • Because the first delivery was incomplete, I've asked them to confirm exactly which items were sent this time
  • My last few messages asking the sales rep to confirm what was actually shipped have gone unanswered

Why I'm asking:

  1. Timing concerns: Has anyone gotten packages that departed China after Chinese New Year? If yes, how many days did it take to arrive?
  2. Tracking transparency: Do others also see missing tracking updates in the stretch between China and the U.S.?
  3. Recent losses: Lately, has anyone had a package confiscated, halted, or go missing during transit?
  4. General timeline: After CNY, what delivery window from China to the US have you found realistic?
I know cross-border shipping can be complicated, but the possibility of paying for goods that never show up worries me. Hearing how others have fared would help me set reasonable expectations and judge whether this is normal post-holiday backup or something more concerning.

Thanks for any input.

The Boogyman
My ERP order (shipped from China) made it to the US without any problems in early February. The whole thing took roughly 3 weeks.

EDIT: actually, that landed just before the new year, so I suppose it doesn't really apply 🙂
 
Native Zebra said:

Hi all,

I'm posting to see if other members can share their experiences with shipments coming from China into the US, since I'm dealing with a tricky order right now and want to know whether these problems are widespread.

Context: More than 1 month back, I bought from a supplier in China. When the first package showed up, it was short—under 50% of what I ordered arrived, and nobody told me ahead of time. The missing products have since been sent again by the supplier, but getting clear answers from them has been difficult.

Where things stand for me:

  • On the 24th I was told the items had shipped, yet tracking numbers weren't included at first
  • I had to ask for the tracking numbers in a separate request
  • Tracking still shows nothing happening inside the U.S.; until it reaches the states, I can't tell where the package is
  • Because the first delivery was incomplete, I've asked them to confirm exactly which items were sent this time
  • My last few messages asking the sales rep to confirm what was actually shipped have gone unanswered

Why I'm asking:

  1. Timing concerns: Has anyone gotten packages that departed China after Chinese New Year? If yes, how many days did it take to arrive?
  2. Tracking transparency: Do others also see missing tracking updates in the stretch between China and the U.S.?
  3. Recent losses: Lately, has anyone had a package confiscated, halted, or go missing during transit?
  4. General timeline: After CNY, what delivery window from China to the US have you found realistic?
I know cross-border shipping can be complicated, but the possibility of paying for goods that never show up worries me. Hearing how others have fared would help me set reasonable expectations and judge whether this is normal post-holiday backup or something more concerning.

Thanks for any input.

The Boogyman
Just wondering—does 17track show nothing at all?
 
CNCCurrency said:

Native Zebra said:

Hi all,

I'm posting to see if other members can share their experiences with shipments coming from China into the US, since I'm dealing with a tricky order right now and want to know whether these problems are widespread.

Context: More than 1 month back, I bought from a supplier in China. When the first package showed up, it was short—under 50% of what I ordered arrived, and nobody told me ahead of time. The missing products have since been sent again by the supplier, but getting clear answers from them has been difficult.

Where things stand for me:

  • On the 24th I was told the items had shipped, yet tracking numbers weren't included at first
  • I had to ask for the tracking numbers in a separate request
  • Tracking still shows nothing happening inside the U.S.; until it reaches the states, I can't tell where the package is
  • Because the first delivery was incomplete, I've asked them to confirm exactly which items were sent this time
  • My last few messages asking the sales rep to confirm what was actually shipped have gone unanswered

Why I'm asking:

  1. Timing concerns: Has anyone gotten packages that departed China after Chinese New Year? If yes, how many days did it take to arrive?
  2. Tracking transparency: Do others also see missing tracking updates in the stretch between China and the U.S.?
  3. Recent losses: Lately, has anyone had a package confiscated, halted, or go missing during transit?
  4. General timeline: After CNY, what delivery window from China to the US have you found realistic?
I know cross-border shipping can be complicated, but the possibility of paying for goods that never show up worries me. Hearing how others have fared would help me set reasonable expectations and judge whether this is normal post-holiday backup or something more concerning.

Thanks for any input.

The Boogyman
Just wondering—does 17track show nothing at all?
My purchase was placed in early February, ahead of CNY, and it reached the U.S. in 11 days.

One extra observation: 17track lagged quite a bit. parcelsapp.com worked far better for me.
 
I've got an order in that was placed after CNY; they warned me upfront it might take a few weeks before it ships.

Another vendor put out a notice this morning saying that stock shortages after the holiday have pushed some shipments back, that the factory is running overtime to catch up, and that orders will go out one after another as soon as there is enough stock — no need to panic or get anxious.
 
For orders coming out of China, the tracking number you get usually does not show movement on the US side until the parcel actually reaches the US. So for a minimum of 2 weeks, and usually longer, what you'll see is a status along the lines of "FedEx/USPS awaiting package."

That said, the link below often (not always) let's you see the activity on the Chinese side as well. Use the same "US" tracking number:

https://hqgj.kingtrans.cn/WebTrack?action=list

With any luck this is useful to at least 1 person.
 
CNCCurrency said:

Native Zebra said:

Hi all,

I'm posting to see if other members can share their experiences with shipments coming from China into the US, since I'm dealing with a tricky order right now and want to know whether these problems are widespread.

Context: More than 1 month back, I bought from a supplier in China. When the first package showed up, it was short—under 50% of what I ordered arrived, and nobody told me ahead of time. The missing products have since been sent again by the supplier, but getting clear answers from them has been difficult.

Where things stand for me:

  • On the 24th I was told the items had shipped, yet tracking numbers weren't included at first
  • I had to ask for the tracking numbers in a separate request
  • Tracking still shows nothing happening inside the U.S.; until it reaches the states, I can't tell where the package is
  • Because the first delivery was incomplete, I've asked them to confirm exactly which items were sent this time
  • My last few messages asking the sales rep to confirm what was actually shipped have gone unanswered

Why I'm asking:

  1. Timing concerns: Has anyone gotten packages that departed China after Chinese New Year? If yes, how many days did it take to arrive?
  2. Tracking transparency: Do others also see missing tracking updates in the stretch between China and the U.S.?
  3. Recent losses: Lately, has anyone had a package confiscated, halted, or go missing during transit?
  4. General timeline: After CNY, what delivery window from China to the US have you found realistic?
I know cross-border shipping can be complicated, but the possibility of paying for goods that never show up worries me. Hearing how others have fared would help me set reasonable expectations and judge whether this is normal post-holiday backup or something more concerning.

Thanks for any input.

The Boogyman
Just wondering—does 17track show nothing at all?
Appreciate the suggestion!

That tracking platform was new to me, and I have to say it caught my attention. Right after I put in my tracking number, a quick glimpse of China-side tracking data appeared—something I had not seen at any point before. What stood out was that it indicated the package had started its journey in The Notorious China City of Wuhan, a place I have come to understand hosts several of the biggest peptide manufacturing facilities, and indeed, viruses.

The way the sales reps describe themselves as a manufacturer does not match what the evidence actually shows. If that gap is real—whether by design or carelessness—it erodes my confidence in their honesty and their sense of responsibility for the product.

Still, during that brief flash of data, it did show the shipment had left Wuhan, for whatever that may be worth. I remain in the dark about where it is now or what stage it is at...

The Boogyman
 
Back
Top