Neurogroot
Explorer
Here's a hand with sorting through the info I got when I was just starting out! Everyone here was incredibly helpful.kittymeow said:
As for me, I simply add the reconstitution solution straight into the lyophilized vials—filtering isn’t something I understand in this context! (I’m still quite new to all of this)DragonOfTheSea said:
BNLFL said:
When it comes to KS-TEK, I've found it to be a solid option, and you can get it on Amazon as well as other places. I own the 3ml, 5ml, and 10ml sizes. It also gets positive reviews beyond Amazon. On my next order, I'll give the source @woundcarping mentioned a shot.kittymeow said:
ohhhhh that is such a good idea!!! I can just buy empty vials online?Peotidethrowaway said:
Prepare a vial containing only the amount required for your trip, and store it at room temperature. It remains usable for roughly 21 days.
Haven't people discussed quite a bit that KS-TEK fails testing and sometimes even has visible particles or contaminants inside the vials?
kittymeow said:
ohhhhh that is such a good idea!!! I can just buy empty vials online?Peotidethrowaway said:
Prepare a vial containing only the amount required for your trip, and store it at room temperature. It remains usable for roughly 21 days.
From what you're saying, I'll take it that right now you aren't filtering at all and simply mix into the lyophilized vials?
If that's the situation, then your tolerance for risk is presumably far greater than what would require buying certified depyrogenated sterile vials. Should you decide to explore that path anyway, the 2 most reliable companies I've come across for certified, non-pyrogenic vials are ALK and FireGene.
My departure is still 2 weeks away, so there’s a bit of time left for me to decide
Filtering Demo:
View: https://youtu.be/9YBj26vpHs0?si=vgxiFIAW7W6t4QPW
Filter Suggestion:
Biologix® 13mm Sterile PES Syringe Filter, 0.22µm, 100/pk
Biologix® sterile PES syringe filters built for high throughput. Perfect for filtering biological fluids. Protein recovery above 98.5%. Available in several diameters. Buy today!
biologixusa.com