Traveling with peptides

kittymeow said:

DragonOfTheSea said:

BNLFL said:

kittymeow said:

Peotidethrowaway said:

Prepare a vial containing only the amount required for your trip, and store it at room temperature. It remains usable for roughly 21 days.
ohhhhh that is such a good idea!!! I can just buy empty vials online?
When it comes to KS-TEK, I've found it to be a solid option, and you can get it on Amazon as well as other places. I own the 3ml, 5ml, and 10ml sizes. It also gets positive reviews beyond Amazon. On my next order, I'll give the source @woundcarping mentioned a shot.

Haven't people discussed quite a bit that KS-TEK fails testing and sometimes even has visible particles or contaminants inside the vials?

kittymeow said:

Peotidethrowaway said:

Prepare a vial containing only the amount required for your trip, and store it at room temperature. It remains usable for roughly 21 days.
ohhhhh that is such a good idea!!! I can just buy empty vials online?

From what you're saying, I'll take it that right now you aren't filtering at all and simply mix into the lyophilized vials?

If that's the situation, then your tolerance for risk is presumably far greater than what would require buying certified depyrogenated sterile vials. Should you decide to explore that path anyway, the 2 most reliable companies I've come across for certified, non-pyrogenic vials are ALK and FireGene.
As for me, I simply add the reconstitution solution straight into the lyophilized vials—filtering isn’t something I understand in this context! (I’m still quite new to all of this)

My departure is still 2 weeks away, so there’s a bit of time left for me to decide
Here's a hand with sorting through the info I got when I was just starting out! Everyone here was incredibly helpful.

Filtering Demo:

View: https://youtu.be/9YBj26vpHs0?si=vgxiFIAW7W6t4QPW

Filter Suggestion:



55b057273c011614f82d1d473ee97969a3ec7aa371f0221bab42470fb2543e15.jpg




Biologix® 13mm Sterile PES Syringe Filter, 0.22µm, 100/pk



Biologix® sterile PES syringe filters built for high throughput. Perfect for filtering biological fluids. Protein recovery above 98.5%. Available in several diameters. Buy today!

204c650182e875aade375b4cce220deb4239036db2c30ee205715b75c914d894.png



biologixusa.com
 
kittymeow said:

Neurogroot said:

kittymeow said:

thorien said:

How do customs and similar checks work? Is it fine to bring peptides such as reta while traveling if there is no prescription?
This has been on my mind as well, but based on what I've come across, simply stating it's medication appears to result in no further questions? So I'm still uncertain at this point
Honestly, since you brought that up... I've flown both within the country and abroad carrying plenty of different tablets in one of those big 2-week organizers. Nobody ever said a word even when they saw it up close. So it's possible unmarked or personally labeled vials would be fine too, it just depends on where you're coming from and where you're going.

I mean, you wouldn't take Adderall into some nations. Those same places might also have a problem with the vial situation.

Neurogroot said:

kittymeow said:

thorien said:

How do customs and similar checks work? Is it fine to bring peptides such as reta while traveling if there is no prescription?
This has been on my mind as well, but based on what I've come across, simply stating it's medication appears to result in no further questions? So I'm still uncertain at this point
Honestly, since you brought that up... I've flown both within the country and abroad carrying plenty of different tablets in one of those big 2-week organizers. Nobody ever said a word even when they saw it up close. So it's possible unmarked or personally labeled vials would be fine too, it just depends on where you're coming from and where you're going.

I mean, you wouldn't take Adderall into some nations. Those same places might also have a problem with the vial situation.
Honestly, I never realized Adderall was banned in some countries — though I suppose that tracks. Since I'm prescribed Vyvanse, I should probably look into it before any international trip!

As for Hawaii, though, I doubt they'd pay much attention to my 'mediation'? Their focus seems to be on animals and plants, and I'm not sure how strict they are about anything else.
Should you possess a prescription, carry a printed version alongside your meds, and also store the PDF on your phone. The odds you'll be asked for it are slim, yet there's no harm in being ready.

Broadly speaking, bringing your own medication on domestic flights is nothing to worry about. TSA focuses on security, not enforcing laws.
 
Neurogroot said:

kittymeow said:

DragonOfTheSea said:

BNLFL said:

kittymeow said:

Peotidethrowaway said:

Prepare a vial containing only the amount required for your trip, and store it at room temperature. It remains usable for roughly 21 days.
ohhhhh that is such a good idea!!! I can just buy empty vials online?
When it comes to KS-TEK, I've found it to be a solid option, and you can get it on Amazon as well as other places. I own the 3ml, 5ml, and 10ml sizes. It also gets positive reviews beyond Amazon. On my next order, I'll give the source @woundcarping mentioned a shot.

Haven't people discussed quite a bit that KS-TEK fails testing and sometimes even has visible particles or contaminants inside the vials?

kittymeow said:

Peotidethrowaway said:

Prepare a vial containing only the amount required for your trip, and store it at room temperature. It remains usable for roughly 21 days.
ohhhhh that is such a good idea!!! I can just buy empty vials online?

From what you're saying, I'll take it that right now you aren't filtering at all and simply mix into the lyophilized vials?

If that's the situation, then your tolerance for risk is presumably far greater than what would require buying certified depyrogenated sterile vials. Should you decide to explore that path anyway, the 2 most reliable companies I've come across for certified, non-pyrogenic vials are ALK and FireGene.
As for me, I simply add the reconstitution solution straight into the lyophilized vials—filtering isn’t something I understand in this context! (I’m still quite new to all of this)

My departure is still 2 weeks away, so there’s a bit of time left for me to decide
Here's a hand with sorting through the info I got when I was just starting out! Everyone here was incredibly helpful.

Filtering Demo:

View: https://youtu.be/9YBj26vpHs0?si=vgxiFIAW7W6t4QPW

Filter Suggestion:



View attachment 9953



Biologix® 13mm Sterile PES Syringe Filter, 0.22µm, 100/pk



Biologix® sterile PES syringe filters built for high throughput. Perfect for filtering biological fluids. Protein recovery above 98.5%. Available in several diameters. Buy today!

View attachment 9954


biologixusa.com
thanks a lot!!!
 

Attachments

  • 55b057273c011614f82d1d473ee97969a3ec7aa371f0221bab42470fb2543e15.jpg
    55b057273c011614f82d1d473ee97969a3ec7aa371f0221bab42470fb2543e15.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 204c650182e875aade375b4cce220deb4239036db2c30ee205715b75c914d894.png
    204c650182e875aade375b4cce220deb4239036db2c30ee205715b75c914d894.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 4
BNLFL said:

kittymeow said:

Peotidethrowaway said:

Prepare a vial containing only the amount required for your trip, and store it at room temperature. It remains usable for roughly 21 days.
ohhhhh that is such a good idea!!! I can just buy empty vials online?
When it comes to KS-TEK, I've found it to be a solid option, and you can get it on Amazon as well as other places. I own the 3ml, 5ml, and 10ml sizes. It also gets positive reviews beyond Amazon. On my next order, I'll give the source @woundcarping mentioned a shot.
From what I've seen, ks tek is leaky junk
 
kittymeow said:

thorien said:

How do customs and similar checks work? Is it fine to bring peptides such as reta while traveling if there is no prescription?
This has been on my mind as well, but based on what I've come across, simply stating it's medication appears to result in no further questions? So I'm still uncertain at this point
Peptides have accompanied me on trips to Japan, New Zealand, Ireland, the uk Belgium Italy and Greece, and my checked bags were never once questioned. Stick it all in a travel insulin container and nobody will wonder, they don’t want any part of the needles.
 
Neurogroot said:

kittymeow said:

DragonOfTheSea said:

BNLFL said:

kittymeow said:

Peotidethrowaway said:

Prepare a vial containing only the amount required for your trip, and store it at room temperature. It remains usable for roughly 21 days.
ohhhhh that is such a good idea!!! I can just buy empty vials online?
When it comes to KS-TEK, I've found it to be a solid option, and you can get it on Amazon as well as other places. I own the 3ml, 5ml, and 10ml sizes. It also gets positive reviews beyond Amazon. On my next order, I'll give the source @woundcarping mentioned a shot.

Haven't people discussed quite a bit that KS-TEK fails testing and sometimes even has visible particles or contaminants inside the vials?

kittymeow said:

Peotidethrowaway said:

Prepare a vial containing only the amount required for your trip, and store it at room temperature. It remains usable for roughly 21 days.
ohhhhh that is such a good idea!!! I can just buy empty vials online?

From what you're saying, I'll take it that right now you aren't filtering at all and simply mix into the lyophilized vials?

If that's the situation, then your tolerance for risk is presumably far greater than what would require buying certified depyrogenated sterile vials. Should you decide to explore that path anyway, the 2 most reliable companies I've come across for certified, non-pyrogenic vials are ALK and FireGene.
As for me, I simply add the reconstitution solution straight into the lyophilized vials—filtering isn’t something I understand in this context! (I’m still quite new to all of this)

My departure is still 2 weeks away, so there’s a bit of time left for me to decide
Here's a hand with sorting through the info I got when I was just starting out! Everyone here was incredibly helpful.

Filtering Demo:

View: https://youtu.be/9YBj26vpHs0?si=vgxiFIAW7W6t4QPW

Filter Suggestion:



View attachment 9953



Biologix® 13mm Sterile PES Syringe Filter, 0.22µm, 100/pk



Biologix® sterile PES syringe filters built for high throughput. Perfect for filtering biological fluids. Protein recovery above 98.5%. Available in several diameters. Buy today!

View attachment 9954


biologixusa.com

Appreciate the follow-up link, Neuro. I also came across that video quite early on.

@kittymeow , a bit more background on filtration (I'll keep it short)- Frequently, the vials/product you get from vendors are not sterile. A purity test isn't the same thing as a sterility test, so something can show high purity yet still fail sterility testing (which happens pretty often when it's actually tested).

Because of that, and for anyone who's dug into this, the general assumption people accept is that the product isn't sterile, full stop. That's why we filter. If you filter properly, even at home, the product does become sterile. Doing so can often cut down on ISRs (Injection Site Reactions) and also lowers the chance of getting sick from injecting something non-sterile.

There are tons and tons of posts about filtering, so search if you want more detail. Strongly recommended.

Back to the original question- I've flown with a small insulin-style cooler case holding a few vials, some syringes and alcohol wipes, and TSA never gave me any trouble.

Last time I just used one of these:


https://a.co/d/08tIvott
 

Attachments

  • 55b057273c011614f82d1d473ee97969a3ec7aa371f0221bab42470fb2543e15.jpg
    55b057273c011614f82d1d473ee97969a3ec7aa371f0221bab42470fb2543e15.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 204c650182e875aade375b4cce220deb4239036db2c30ee205715b75c914d894.png
    204c650182e875aade375b4cce220deb4239036db2c30ee205715b75c914d894.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 4
kittymeow said:

Peotidethrowaway said:

Prepare a vial containing only the amount required for your trip, and store it at room temperature. It remains usable for roughly 21 days.
ohhhhh that is such a good idea!!! I can just buy empty vials online?
Each one costs $1 at Walmart. Buying them in bulk brings the price down even more. Oddly, they arrive already filled from a Hong Kong shipment.


Robot or human?
 

I skip that gadget entirely — a Yeti I already own plus ice inside a baggy does the job. Mine is the version with the screw-on lid. Never had any trouble with it. TSA hasn't given it a second look.

This week I went abroad using that exact same arrangement, and there were zero issues. It got me thinking: if some immigration checkpoint were actually able to test mass, purity, and identify peptides right there on the spot, they'd have to ring up Jano — because Jano needs days 😂😂😂
 
What about a trip lasting 2-3 days? I have a business trip coming up in a couple of weeks, and I'll be staying at a hotel for 2-3 days. It's not international—I remain within the country—but I'm wondering how to transport peps safely when I'll need to do a few injections during that time. Would bringing "ready made" syringes in some kind of cooling container be a good idea, or not?
 
ultima thule said:

What about a trip lasting 2-3 days? I have a business trip coming up in a couple of weeks, and I'll be staying at a hotel for 2-3 days. It's not international—I remain within the country—but I'm wondering how to transport peps safely when I'll need to do a few injections during that time. Would bringing "ready made" syringes in some kind of cooling container be a good idea, or not?

Keeping a dose in an insulin syringe isn't safe for storage—those aren't sterile containers. Could you simply shift your injection day by 1 or 2 days instead?

For example, if you usually inject on Monday and you're away Monday through Wednesday, just do it on Sunday.

Same situation but your usual day is Tuesday? Sunday works as well. And if Wednesday is your normal day, move it to Thursday.

If traveling with it is unavoidable, draw 1 dose into a sterile vial and bring that without refrigeration. It'll be okay.
 
ultima thule said:

What about a trip lasting 2-3 days? I have a business trip coming up in a couple of weeks, and I'll be staying at a hotel for 2-3 days. It's not international—I remain within the country—but I'm wondering how to transport peps safely when I'll need to do a few injections during that time. Would bringing "ready made" syringes in some kind of cooling container be a good idea, or not?

As Grogu mentioned, pre-filled syringes aren't the way to go.

All you need is one of these and you can relax:





f8bd7c415cd06a2939dc0977fefe2011af7ddfd6c988c26e443789b02ed579de.webp
 
Grogu said:

ultima thule said:

What about a trip lasting 2-3 days? I have a business trip coming up in a couple of weeks, and I'll be staying at a hotel for 2-3 days. It's not international—I remain within the country—but I'm wondering how to transport peps safely when I'll need to do a few injections during that time. Would bringing "ready made" syringes in some kind of cooling container be a good idea, or not?

Keeping a dose in an insulin syringe isn't safe for storage—those aren't sterile containers. Could you simply shift your injection day by 1 or 2 days instead?

For example, if you usually inject on Monday and you're away Monday through Wednesday, just do it on Sunday.

Same situation but your usual day is Tuesday? Sunday works as well. And if Wednesday is your normal day, move it to Thursday.

If traveling with it is unavoidable, draw 1 dose into a sterile vial and bring that without refrigeration. It'll be okay.
Appreciate the tip. I plan to check out sterile vials on Amazon. Since I'll be running daily protocols at that time, pre-loading injections isn't the ideal approach.
 
DragonOfTheSea said:

ultima thule said:

What about a trip lasting 2-3 days? I have a business trip coming up in a couple of weeks, and I'll be staying at a hotel for 2-3 days. It's not international—I remain within the country—but I'm wondering how to transport peps safely when I'll need to do a few injections during that time. Would bringing "ready made" syringes in some kind of cooling container be a good idea, or not?

As Grogu mentioned, pre-filled syringes aren't the way to go.

All you need is one of these and you can relax:





View attachment 9959
Yes, I've come across it on Amazon. I'm considering spending some money on that, or on those tubes that maintain a low temperature for up to 36h or longer, depending on the surrounding temperature.
 
ultima thule said:

What about a trip lasting 2-3 days? I have a business trip coming up in a couple of weeks, and I'll be staying at a hotel for 2-3 days. It's not international—I remain within the country—but I'm wondering how to transport peps safely when I'll need to do a few injections during that time. Would bringing "ready made" syringes in some kind of cooling container be a good idea, or not?

If skipping a dose of something wasn't acceptable to me, a travel vial is what I'd put together. Same as Grogu — syringes aren't where I keep things, though it's not something I mind other people doing.

For 2-3 days on my own trip... I'd only bother if labwork was scheduled right after I got back; otherwise I'd take the dose beforehand and leave it at that. My Reta goes M/F and Test goes M/W/F. A 2-3 day gap doesn't look like it would create any real interruption for me. Supplements would come along, since room temp keeps them stable.

There are a few other things I'm trialing, and those I'd be fine letting lapse. If there were something I refused to let lapse.... travel vials, which end up in the trash. Even in a case where I bring a cool carrier and always have a fridge within reach.
 
It’ll be no problem. Nobody at TSA or anywhere else is going to give your peptides a second look. I picked up a little insulin case on Amazon—the kind with cold packs built into the sides. Nearly every hotel room comes with a mini fridge, and if yours doesn’t, they’ll bring one at no cost when it’s for medication. Another option: stick it in a bucket of ice or a Yeti-style insulated cup. Honestly, leaving it unrefrigerated would probably be totally fine too.
 
Neurogroot said:

kittymeow said:

DragonOfTheSea said:

BNLFL said:

kittymeow said:

Peotidethrowaway said:

Prepare a vial containing only the amount required for your trip, and store it at room temperature. It remains usable for roughly 21 days.
ohhhhh that is such a good idea!!! I can just buy empty vials online?
When it comes to KS-TEK, I've found it to be a solid option, and you can get it on Amazon as well as other places. I own the 3ml, 5ml, and 10ml sizes. It also gets positive reviews beyond Amazon. On my next order, I'll give the source @woundcarping mentioned a shot.

Haven't people discussed quite a bit that KS-TEK fails testing and sometimes even has visible particles or contaminants inside the vials?

kittymeow said:

Peotidethrowaway said:

Prepare a vial containing only the amount required for your trip, and store it at room temperature. It remains usable for roughly 21 days.
ohhhhh that is such a good idea!!! I can just buy empty vials online?

From what you're saying, I'll take it that right now you aren't filtering at all and simply mix into the lyophilized vials?

If that's the situation, then your tolerance for risk is presumably far greater than what would require buying certified depyrogenated sterile vials. Should you decide to explore that path anyway, the 2 most reliable companies I've come across for certified, non-pyrogenic vials are ALK and FireGene.
As for me, I simply add the reconstitution solution straight into the lyophilized vials—filtering isn’t something I understand in this context! (I’m still quite new to all of this)

My departure is still 2 weeks away, so there’s a bit of time left for me to decide
Here's a hand with sorting through the info I got when I was just starting out! Everyone here was incredibly helpful.

Filtering Demo:

View: https://youtu.be/9YBj26vpHs0?si=vgxiFIAW7W6t4QPW

Filter Suggestion:



View attachment 9953



Biologix® 13mm Sterile PES Syringe Filter, 0.22µm, 100/pk



Biologix® sterile PES syringe filters built for high throughput. Perfect for filtering biological fluids. Protein recovery above 98.5%. Available in several diameters. Buy today!

View attachment 9954


biologixusa.com
Those were placed by me first thing this morning.
 

Attachments

  • 55b057273c011614f82d1d473ee97969a3ec7aa371f0221bab42470fb2543e15.jpg
    55b057273c011614f82d1d473ee97969a3ec7aa371f0221bab42470fb2543e15.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 204c650182e875aade375b4cce220deb4239036db2c30ee205715b75c914d894.png
    204c650182e875aade375b4cce220deb4239036db2c30ee205715b75c914d894.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 4
Peotidethrowaway said:

kittymeow said:

thorien said:

How do customs and similar checks work? Is it fine to bring peptides such as reta while traveling if there is no prescription?
This has been on my mind as well, but based on what I've come across, simply stating it's medication appears to result in no further questions? So I'm still uncertain at this point
Peptides have accompanied me on trips to Japan, New Zealand, Ireland, the uk Belgium Italy and Greece, and my checked bags were never once questioned. Stick it all in a travel insulin container and nobody will wonder, they don’t want any part of the needles.
When you check peps, does it matter whether they've been reconstituted yet? And if they are already mixed, could air pressure or temperature cause any problems?
 
DragonOfTheSea said:

ultima thule said:

What about a trip lasting 2-3 days? I have a business trip coming up in a couple of weeks, and I'll be staying at a hotel for 2-3 days. It's not international—I remain within the country—but I'm wondering how to transport peps safely when I'll need to do a few injections during that time. Would bringing "ready made" syringes in some kind of cooling container be a good idea, or not?

As Grogu mentioned, pre-filled syringes aren't the way to go.

All you need is one of these and you can relax:





View attachment 9959
I picked up that exact one. And the vials shown in the photo could be 5 or 10 mL, since 4 3mL vials fit in there without much trouble—though I'm bringing just 3.
 
ultima thule said:

What about a trip lasting 2-3 days? I have a business trip coming up in a couple of weeks, and I'll be staying at a hotel for 2-3 days. It's not international—I remain within the country—but I'm wondering how to transport peps safely when I'll need to do a few injections during that time. Would bringing "ready made" syringes in some kind of cooling container be a good idea, or not?

Are you doing several shots of a single peptide, or are you using more than one peptide? A lot of hotels put small fridges in their rooms, so keeping the peptides cold after you arrive at the hotel probably won't be a problem. You can simply pack the vials, syringes, and wipes together in a travel case and take them along.
 
I don't have any experience with peptides specifically, but I've gone overseas multiple times carrying testosterone plus needles, and there was never any issue at all. My prescription stayed in my carry-on or backpack, and nobody ever asked me about it. Where you're headed could make a difference. For domestic travel, I really can't picture you running into a problem.
 
Back
Top