Traveling with peptides

kittymeow

Explorer
Joined
May 3, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
CA
Hi Guys!!

Does anyone here have experience flying with peptides, more specifically to Hawaii? My trip is in 2 weeks, and I'd like to bring my Reta and KLOW. I can schedule things so that un-constituted vials go in those cooling cases on the way there, but for the trip back it would need to remain cold for at least 8 hours. Has anyone managed to travel with them, and if so, which case did you use? Any comments or suggestions would be great🙂
 
kittymeow said:

Hi Guys!!

Does anyone here have experience flying with peptides, more specifically to Hawaii? My trip is in 2 weeks, and I'd like to bring my Reta and KLOW. I can schedule things so that un-constituted vials go in those cooling cases on the way there, but for the trip back it would need to remain cold for at least 8 hours. Has anyone managed to travel with them, and if so, which case did you use? Any comments or suggestions would be great🙂

What's the length of your trip?

Lyophilized peptides don't require refrigeration.
 
Prepare a vial containing only the amount required for your trip, and store it at room temperature. It remains usable for roughly 21 days.
 
woundcarping said:

kittymeow said:

Hi Guys!!

Does anyone here have experience flying with peptides, more specifically to Hawaii? My trip is in 2 weeks, and I'd like to bring my Reta and KLOW. I can schedule things so that un-constituted vials go in those cooling cases on the way there, but for the trip back it would need to remain cold for at least 8 hours. Has anyone managed to travel with them, and if so, which case did you use? Any comments or suggestions would be great🙂

What's the length of your trip?

Lyophilized peptides don't require refrigeration.
My trip lasts 2 weeks! Lyophilized peptides don’t require it, I realize, but if I bring it along and mix it once I’m there, then refrigeration will be necessary for the return trip.
 
Peotidethrowaway said:

Prepare a vial containing only the amount required for your trip, and store it at room temperature. It remains usable for roughly 21 days.
ohhhhh that is such a good idea!!! I can just buy empty vials online?
 
kittymeow said:

woundcarping said:

kittymeow said:

Hi Guys!!

Does anyone here have experience flying with peptides, more specifically to Hawaii? My trip is in 2 weeks, and I'd like to bring my Reta and KLOW. I can schedule things so that un-constituted vials go in those cooling cases on the way there, but for the trip back it would need to remain cold for at least 8 hours. Has anyone managed to travel with them, and if so, which case did you use? Any comments or suggestions would be great🙂

What's the length of your trip?

Lyophilized peptides don't require refrigeration.
My trip lasts 2 weeks! Lyophilized peptides don’t require it, I realize, but if I bring it along and mix it once I’m there, then refrigeration will be necessary for the return trip.

When I'm away for 2 weeks, I'll take 1 dose right before departing, and pack a separate travel vial containing the doses I'll need along with some extra in case something comes up. Since 1 dose of Reta runs me about $2, I'd rather toss an unused dose than end up short because I planned too precisely or my trip ran longer than expected.
 
kittymeow said:

Peotidethrowaway said:

Prepare a vial containing only the amount required for your trip, and store it at room temperature. It remains usable for roughly 21 days.
ohhhhh that is such a good idea!!! I can just buy empty vials online?

My source for these has been this link.
 
kittymeow said:

Peotidethrowaway said:

Prepare a vial containing only the amount required for your trip, and store it at room temperature. It remains usable for roughly 21 days.
ohhhhh that is such a good idea!!! I can just buy empty vials online?

Yep. Sterile vials have been offered by Peptide test previously. Pen carts don't cost much either — roughly $2 apiece. Go with trusted vials. In the past, I've had inexpensive low-quality ones leak.
 
kittymeow said:

Peotidethrowaway said:

Prepare a vial containing only the amount required for your trip, and store it at room temperature. It remains usable for roughly 21 days.
ohhhhh that is such a good idea!!! I can just buy empty vials online?
When it comes to KS-TEK, I've found it to be a solid option, and you can get it on Amazon as well as other places. I own the 3ml, 5ml, and 10ml sizes. It also gets positive reviews beyond Amazon. On my next order, I'll give the source @woundcarping mentioned a shot.
 
BNLFL said:

kittymeow said:

Peotidethrowaway said:

Prepare a vial containing only the amount required for your trip, and store it at room temperature. It remains usable for roughly 21 days.
ohhhhh that is such a good idea!!! I can just buy empty vials online?
When it comes to KS-TEK, I've found it to be a solid option, and you can get it on Amazon as well as other places. I own the 3ml, 5ml, and 10ml sizes. It also gets positive reviews beyond Amazon. On my next order, I'll give the source @woundcarping mentioned a shot.

Haven't people discussed quite a bit that KS-TEK fails testing and sometimes even has visible particles or contaminants inside the vials?

kittymeow said:

Peotidethrowaway said:

Prepare a vial containing only the amount required for your trip, and store it at room temperature. It remains usable for roughly 21 days.
ohhhhh that is such a good idea!!! I can just buy empty vials online?

From what you're saying, I'll take it that right now you aren't filtering at all and simply mix into the lyophilized vials?

If that's the situation, then your tolerance for risk is presumably far greater than what would require buying certified depyrogenated sterile vials. Should you decide to explore that path anyway, the 2 most reliable companies I've come across for certified, non-pyrogenic vials are ALK and FireGene.
 
How do customs and similar checks work? Is it fine to bring peptides such as reta while traveling if there is no prescription?
 
thorien said:

How do customs and similar checks work? Is it fine to bring peptides such as reta while traveling if there is no prescription?
For carry ons, and possibly international trips, I'd be uneasy. Preloading into pens changes that. A vial—even with a well-made label—if the contents are lyophilized, it practically begs for questions; if already reconstituted... 50/50. Packed in a cooler case, hard-sided, with lots of padding, inside checked luggage, that's the stronger option.
 
thorien said:

How do customs and similar checks work? Is it fine to bring peptides such as reta while traveling if there is no prescription?
This has been on my mind as well, but based on what I've come across, simply stating it's medication appears to result in no further questions? So I'm still uncertain at this point
 
kittymeow said:

thorien said:

How do customs and similar checks work? Is it fine to bring peptides such as reta while traveling if there is no prescription?
This has been on my mind as well, but based on what I've come across, simply stating it's medication appears to result in no further questions? So I'm still uncertain at this point
Honestly, since you brought that up... I've flown both within the country and abroad carrying plenty of different tablets in one of those big 2-week organizers. Nobody ever said a word even when they saw it up close. So it's possible unmarked or personally labeled vials would be fine too, it just depends on where you're coming from and where you're going.

I mean, you wouldn't take Adderall into some nations. Those same places might also have a problem with the vial situation.
 
DragonOfTheSea said:

BNLFL said:

kittymeow said:

Peotidethrowaway said:

Prepare a vial containing only the amount required for your trip, and store it at room temperature. It remains usable for roughly 21 days.
ohhhhh that is such a good idea!!! I can just buy empty vials online?
When it comes to KS-TEK, I've found it to be a solid option, and you can get it on Amazon as well as other places. I own the 3ml, 5ml, and 10ml sizes. It also gets positive reviews beyond Amazon. On my next order, I'll give the source @woundcarping mentioned a shot.

Haven't people discussed quite a bit that KS-TEK fails testing and sometimes even has visible particles or contaminants inside the vials?

kittymeow said:

Peotidethrowaway said:

Prepare a vial containing only the amount required for your trip, and store it at room temperature. It remains usable for roughly 21 days.
ohhhhh that is such a good idea!!! I can just buy empty vials online?

From what you're saying, I'll take it that right now you aren't filtering at all and simply mix into the lyophilized vials?

If that's the situation, then your tolerance for risk is presumably far greater than what would require buying certified depyrogenated sterile vials. Should you decide to explore that path anyway, the 2 most reliable companies I've come across for certified, non-pyrogenic vials are ALK and FireGene.
As for me, I simply add the reconstitution solution straight into the lyophilized vials—filtering isn’t something I understand in this context! (I’m still quite new to all of this)

My departure is still 2 weeks away, so there’s a bit of time left for me to decide
 
thorien said:

How do customs and similar checks work? Is it fine to bring peptides such as reta while traveling if there is no prescription?

When you fly within the US, customs isn't involved. On the way out of HI, though, expect an agricultural inspection.

For domestic trips, what I've found is that TSA pays little attention to personal-sized amounts in a carry on. Their interest tends to focus more on the ice packs, whether they're frozen or not. I've flown with peptides and oil. It's not an issue.

Once you cross borders, the rules vary by country.
 
Neurogroot said:

kittymeow said:

thorien said:

How do customs and similar checks work? Is it fine to bring peptides such as reta while traveling if there is no prescription?
This has been on my mind as well, but based on what I've come across, simply stating it's medication appears to result in no further questions? So I'm still uncertain at this point
Honestly, since you brought that up... I've flown both within the country and abroad carrying plenty of different tablets in one of those big 2-week organizers. Nobody ever said a word even when they saw it up close. So it's possible unmarked or personally labeled vials would be fine too, it just depends on where you're coming from and where you're going.

I mean, you wouldn't take Adderall into some nations. Those same places might also have a problem with the vial situation.

Neurogroot said:

kittymeow said:

thorien said:

How do customs and similar checks work? Is it fine to bring peptides such as reta while traveling if there is no prescription?
This has been on my mind as well, but based on what I've come across, simply stating it's medication appears to result in no further questions? So I'm still uncertain at this point
Honestly, since you brought that up... I've flown both within the country and abroad carrying plenty of different tablets in one of those big 2-week organizers. Nobody ever said a word even when they saw it up close. So it's possible unmarked or personally labeled vials would be fine too, it just depends on where you're coming from and where you're going.

I mean, you wouldn't take Adderall into some nations. Those same places might also have a problem with the vial situation.
Honestly, I never realized Adderall was banned in some countries — though I suppose that tracks. Since I'm prescribed Vyvanse, I should probably look into it before any international trip!

As for Hawaii, though, I doubt they'd pay much attention to my 'mediation'? Their focus seems to be on animals and plants, and I'm not sure how strict they are about anything else.
 
Back
Top